The online racing simulator
Had a strange dream about one track....
(34 posts, started )
#26 - DeKo
Quote from VTiRoj :It looks more like Autumn Ring to me out of them 2.

I'd love to see this track in LFS, the long curve that links the bridge round would have to be elevated, be a nice addition to LFS

I dreamed about replacing Eric as LFS's modeller last night funny since I cant model for poop But I can gladly say you all loved me when I added a Tank to LFS

Nah, the person at the back of the grid would win every race.
I once dropped a large rubber band at work, and the shape it formed on the ground was an intriguing design for a track. I took a picture of it with my phone, but sadly I erased it. The shape was similar to the "Super Speedway" in Gran Turismo.
Quote from jayhawk :I once dropped a large rubber band at work, and the shape it formed on the ground was an intriguing design for a track. I took a picture of it with my phone, but sadly I erased it. The shape was similar to the "Super Speedway" in Gran Turismo.

Very funny. Have you heard that Mozart was sleeping and after he got up he wrote the symphony Nr 5. WOW.
ummm don't most people who do stuff do that? Sleep, wake up then go do something :X.
I quite frequently think of designs while I'm about to fall asleep. Annoys me, though, because I've gotta get up and sketch out the idea before I can go to sleep or I'll forget it...
#31 - Iron
Quote from VTiRoj :I dreamed about replacing Eric as LFS's modeller last night funny since I cant model for poop But I can gladly say you all loved me when I added a Tank to LFS

Quote from DeKo :Nah, the person at the back of the grid would win every race.

LOL, that made my day, thanks.
Quote from okijuhans :Very funny. Have you heard that Mozart was sleeping and after he got up he wrote the symphony Nr 5. WOW.

What actually do you find funny in that? Mozart was a genius, he was better when he was 7 years old than most of the composers 30 years old

The track would look strange in real life.. too many and too slow corners - happens when you draw it on a piece of paper.
Quote from XCNuse :Could be, I hope you don't mind okijuhans, but I decided to give 3dsmax a go on my laptop, and used your drawing to design the track and give it some altitude and declensions, I'm uploading the video at the moment and I will provide a link when it is done. Attached is the design of the 3d model, it is smoothed out in some places, and modified in a few more places to make a little more sense driving wise.

(some places look distorted, that is just the angle they are at, something was acting up, just wait for video to really see the course)
That isn't a very good representation since it looks like it gets really skinny in some places, that is not so, it is the same width all the way through out.

----------------------------------------------------
Sorry about the speed of the video, I didn't want to have it render any longer (took about half an hour to render and it just flies by and don't want to mess with it again).

Just to give you an idea of height differences, the circle at the bottom right of image is only half the height of the highest point which is at bottom left of image.

Here is the video.

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=34506&d=1184177602
Quote from DeKo :Good job you vanished and didnt get a half brick up your arse.

Yes, that would have been painful (even in the dream).

Had a strange dream about one track....
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG