The online racing simulator
lewt me know what ati support say i have the same problem with a x800 xt pe AGP. I've tryed it with both the CCC and the CP both result in the same problem.
I looked into contacting ATI support, and it looks as though you have to jump through hoops to contact them, TBH I'll just stick with the 5.11's and try the 5.13's when they come out, I also have an AGP X800, but mines a pro, glad I am not the only one with the problem though.

Dan.
I posted over at Beyond3D.com since there are ATI's driver developers around there.
Managed to jump through the required hoops and have left a ticket with ATI, don't hold your breath though.....

Dan.
Quote from www.ati.com :Installing a new driver is only recommended if you are having issues with your ATI product.

Says it all, doesn't it? As always, the list of
"Known Issues" is just as long as the "Issues Resolved" list (see release notes).
Yeah, thats there standard text, bummer is it improves GTL and FS2004 quite considerably.
I got a reply from ATI, but just a standard canned blah blah setting blah blah, like I havent already tried that.....

Dan.
havent read the whole thread... maybe u are using transparent anti aliasing by default?
just an idea...
Maybe it's a memory bug causing poor performance with 256MB cards? Xbitlabs wrote about it. :drevil:
Well, mine is a 256mb card, so it could be....

Dan.
Mine is 128

9600 SE
Oh god. I've got the same problem as you boys. I own a x800XT radeon card and I hadn't played LFS for some days until today and I saw my fps fall to 15-20. I'm thinking that maybe it is due to the HT and Dual Core support that the new set of drivers have...

That made some of my games run clearly faster, but I got dissapointed with LFS's poor performance.

I hope 5.13 comes out soon and solves it.

Do you , those that have an x8xx series card, have a Dual Core or Hyper Threading processor?

Is this my first post? Yes, I think...

Dario from Spain
ATI maintain that ALL games and apps run better on 5.12's, I beg to differ, LFS performance SUCKS with them.

The only soloution is to go back to the 5.11's and lose the increase on your other games.

Dan.
i didnt notice a decrease... but i wasnt paying attention to if the framerate dropped form 60fps. i have it limited to 60fps

i have a 9600XT w/ 256mb.
I just wanted to say, I'm having this problem too. The 5.12 drivers give me a 5-15% performance boost in every other game, and im stuck at 25FPS in LFS
But do you have dual core or hyper threading systems? That may be the problem. I own an HT pentium 4 Dario
Yes HT enabled here.

Dan.
Yes, i have a dual core CPU. I even tried setting the affinity so that LFS only uses one core, and i still get 25FPS.
Im pretty sure LFS will only use 1 core
I am building a new system just after xmas with dual core amd64 4400 and a pciex x850pe , I would test this before but my other PC is AGP .
I doubt a 5.13 will be out for some weeks but the more people let ATI support know about this the better chance the next driver release will be better with LFS .

is anyone with a radeon 9xxx card having this 5.12 prob ?

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :I doubt a 5.13 will be out for some weeks

ATI is working with Microsoft on WHQL-certification, with a release ETA of 12/21.
Well....just tried 5.13 and I still got the same problem.

Too bad because I was about to buy S2 but now I'll wait for a fix.

I won't go back to 5.10 because 5.12 and 5.13 gave me a HUGE performance boost in all games, except LFS.
Pffff....is there any point me trying the 5.13's then.......
Regardless of whos "fault" it is, ATI or LFS's, there is going to come a point where an upgrade to the latest driver will be needed and if it aint sorted then LFS will have to be dropped of my system.
ATI maintain that EVERY game should get a performance boost with the new ones, and nearly every game does, except LFS, and I am not alone in this.

Dan.
then contact atis support and see what theyve got to say about this
I have, they say that every game or app they have tested shows an improvement, and to try some settings, which I have, its like a perpetual loop with ATI "support".

Dan.
5.13 will not be uit i quess, but 6.01 will

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG