The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we reset all historical statistics data for phase 2 when new stats come online

Closed since :
Reset all stats for phase 2
Keep all historical data
#26 - Nobo
How about a "racer of the week" section on the ctra website which shows the licence card of the guy who scored the most points within the last 7 days (sunday-sunday / monday-monday), for each licence?

Just delete my posts if they are crap, but i like statistics
I know its been said, but I would love to be able to add a team name and maybe a team stat.

However, i do think this will come up for some abuse. THe larger the team the easier for that team to get higher points so will need some safe guards..........

Halfords Racing I believe has the highest number of Bump n jump drivers in the top 10 including the outstanding Celtic100 at the top!!!

go Welshy leeky person with a daffodil behind your ear!
I agree with some earlier posters that archiving the current stats and then starting fresh with the new phase would be ideal.
Quote from StableX :I know its been said, but I would love to be able to add a team name and maybe a team stat.

However, i do think this will come up for some abuse. THe larger the team the easier for that team to get higher points so will need some safe guards..........

Halfords Racing I believe has the highest number of Bump n jump drivers in the top 10 including the outstanding Celtic100 at the top!!!

go Welshy leeky person with a daffodil behind your ear!

I think you forgot the Rocket up my A%$

While I'm posting here the Stats on Web page seem to be wrong Take A Look

335 / 649 = 51.6% NOT 41% as shown....... Also I believe It's been changed To include 1st, 2nd and 3rd as previously it was just 2nd and 3rd

Sorted now Thanks
Attached images
CTRX_WrongStats.jpg
[QUOTE=shadow2kx;516183]For the podium I confirm it's on the web page, in MyCtra. When the first discussion about it occured I checked on lfsw to see if I wasn't making any mistakes. I know the way to check it out: Going on a server, win a race and be 2nd in another race. But i can't do it now cause i'm going to leave soon. Maybe tonight I will have time, i'll try to.QUOTE]

Yesterday I just had 200 races.
Today i made 9 races (all on CTRA Race1). Here are the details from LFSW.
6 Times frist, 1 time second and 2 times third.
But on MyCtra it said I've only done 205 races. From 39 wins to 41 and from 93 podium to 98.

Edit: For two of these race (where I was first), we were only two racers. It explain why 39 -> 41 wins but not 93 -> 98 podiums.
I Join the tab result. I'm maybe (certainly) too tired to understand

Edit2: Ok i figured out what's wrong. We need to be at least 4 drivers in order to "registrate" a race. I thought it was only a minimum of 3. Sorry for the inconveniant. I'm a bad detective

[QUOTE=CELTIC100;516899]I think you forgot the Rocket up my A%$

While I'm posting here the Stats on Web page seem to be wrong Take A Look

335 / 649 = 51.6% NOT 41% as shown....... Also I believe It's been changed To include 1st, 2nd and 3rd as previously it was just 2nd and 3rd

Sorted now Thanks [/QUOTE]
Attached images
Ctra_Race1_results.JPG
MyCtra_results_before.jpg
MyCtra_results_after.jpg
-
(shadow2kx) DELETED by shadow2kx
Cheers Shaun, Daisy has fixed the podium percentage.
dont reset the stats!
its completely unnessecary! the more stats the better, even if they would be "old". They drove before on the server so why dont get the stats from that?
you dont want to reset anyones stats so just keep it and add the new ones to the old ones to get the full picture of everyone how they raced so far
i'd prefer stats to be left as they are, but if they need to be reset, so be it.
I would like to see the ELO ranking system implemented. This could coexists with the license system you have today.
The ELO system is good because you lose or win points based how good the people you race against are. If you race bad you will lose points, and you will lose more if the players you race against have lower ranking than you.

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELO_rating_system

btw it would be nice if all stats are cleared....
That's a pretty cool idea... however i think it may cause alot more problems then it's worth on CTRA Race 1.... perhaps on the higher tier servers it'd be a good idea. But i think on Race 1 it would just cause alot of ppl to lose points for other ppls mistakes (ie crashing and taking out half the field, etc etc).
Quote from teedot :That's a pretty cool idea... however i think it may cause alot more problems then it's worth on CTRA Race 1.... perhaps on the higher tier servers it'd be a good idea. But i think on Race 1 it would just cause alot of ppl to lose points for other ppls mistakes (ie crashing and taking out half the field, etc etc).

I guess over time it will even out...
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have an idea on this.

Why not archive the current stats, and start a new lot?

So people can see pre reset, and after?
+1 for Krammeh's suggestion, unless of course the data would be too much to keep hold of.

Sam
Will I lose all my license progress if the stats are reset?
#40 - SamH
Yep, we wouldn't erase the stats. I'm a hoarder.. you can erase the numbers forever, when you pry them from my cold, dead hands

Licence progress points would not be reset. Only the information on how you got them would be [moved to a different table]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG