The online racing simulator
car floating at a certain camera angle in SO
Hello,

I've just noticed a minor bug when watching a replay at South City from the TV cam - the car seems to be floating above the track at that particular angle.
It's the first time I actually see this and this camera in South City seems to be the only camera that produces the effect, or at least I haven't noticed it elsewhere.

biggie
Attached images
floating.jpg
#2 - (SaM)
Yeah, I think lots of people noticed that. It's not that important. It's because the collision mesh (where the car really drives on) is not fully alligned with the track texture.
If you look at the road marks, you can see them float as well. They are above the track to prevent blending textures wich causes flickering where they're intersecting.
Haha, i was recording with fraps a week or so ago and i noticed this too
There are many more places (mostly off track, but some on) where this happens... Maybe we should make a list of them. A perfect example would be the FE green sandtrap if you miss the turn after the first chicane... The car is literally about 2 feet up in the air over one of the sanddunes there.
Oh no. And we thought LFS didn't have "floating cars" like other sims.
Quote from deggis :Oh no. And we thought LFS didn't have "floating cars" like other sims.

Ah, but they don't always look like they are floating

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG