The online racing simulator
#1 - jempe
On what cars are the LFS PHYSICS based on?
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/F ... _the_LFS_cars_based_on.3F

I've just read this section. It's good for car looking, but I think the more important are the physics!!

For example,
-RB4 is more a scooby than a celica if we consider physics
-FZ5: the engine position suit only for a porsche but not for the ferrari 550 nor 612.

What do you think about it?
The physics aren't based on anything, they are just what they are - a product of the car's attributes.
Quote from jempe :
-RB4 is more a scooby than a celica if we consider physics

definetly a celica GT4
Max power 239bhp @ 6000rpm
all wheel drive...
I seriously hope there's some kind of a language barrier conserning thread starter. Or he has played too much rFactor eXcel sPreadsheet sImulators.
What scooby means?
This word's not even in my english dictionnary
Quote from AndroidXP :The physics aren't based on anything, they are just what they are - a product of the car's attributes.

As Android says, I don`t think the physics are based on anything, they are just... LFS physics, and they are not based on anything. It`s an attempt to get it as close as the real deal as possible, but I belive it`s not based on anything else.
Quote from Maelstrom :What scooby means?

Scooby-Doo! The famous four-leg drive canine of Hanna-Barbera fame.

It's sort of a nickname for Subarus.
Quote from xaotik :Scooby-Doo! The famous four-leg drive canine of Hanna-Barbera fame.

It's sort of a nickname for Subarus.

I see
I think you missed the OP's point. I think he doesn't want to ask, but instead start a conversation. Something like the ones that have been ended up in LFSManual Wiki, but only physics-wise.

Based on the cars I've driven, I can only say that RB4 feels like Celica GT4, XFG like any mid to late 90's 'hot' hatch, and... well that's about all
No, it's a nickname for Imprezas.

I take great pleasure in confusing the brainless oafs that drive them when they tell me, proudly, they own a Scooby. I ask which one? They think for a few minutes, and tell me some silly code that means something if you are a geek. I then ask what model of Subaru. They tell me a Scooby. I re-state that we know he has a Subaru, but which one, then I'll list a few Subaru models to choose from, with Impreza last. Eventually he gives up, and starts thinking about pickles.

Teasing stupid people (4WD owners) is most amusing!
When I get asked what I drive I always say Impreza, never scooby.

Mind you scooby is not as annoying as the American subie saying imo...
Quote from tristancliffe :No, it's a nickname for Imprezas.

I take great pleasure in confusing the brainless oafs that drive them when they tell me, proudly, they own a Scooby. I ask which one? They think for a few minutes, and tell me some silly code that means something if you are a geek. I then ask what model of Subaru. They tell me a Scooby. I re-state that we know he has a Subaru, but which one, then I'll list a few Subaru models to choose from, with Impreza last. Eventually he gives up, and starts thinking about pickles.

LOL great one !

Any proof of that?

As far as I know it, it's rhyming slang, Scooby=Scoody Doo=Subaru
impreza is called a scooby cause of all the hood roof scoops you get with certin mosels also they are known as imps and wrx's
Quote from theirishnoob :impreza is called a scooby cause of all the hood roof scoops you get with certin mosels also they are known as imps and wrx's

Whaaa? , at least my description makes some sense

Oy you, i own one!

hmmm pickles..........

Anyway i know most things about mine, ie 4 doors, 4 wheels, frightens young children etc.

Simon

PS '05' TYPE 'UK' WRX STI PPP (sometimes know as a model '9', 'blob eye'), you want chassis, engine code?

BTW 'STI' means subaru fettled, type 'UK' means crippled , 'PPP' means uncrippled (by prodrive)
Quote from danowat :Whaaa? , at least my description makes some sense

See? Doesn't Tristan's post make more sense now?
I think I must have dyed my hair blonde today.........
Quote from SabersKunk :When I get asked what I drive I always say Impreza, never scooby.

Mind you scooby is not as annoying as the American subie saying imo...

i find the aus way the best; Sue-bear-rue (using all three syllables stated here )

Simon
Quote from theirishnoob :impreza is called a scooby cause of all the hood roof scoops you get with certin mosels also they are known as imps and wrx's

What the hell do roof scoops have to do with the nickname 'scooby?' And what is a 'hood roof scoop?'

WRXs are not a nickname for an Impreza, they are a further marker for a more specific 'model.'

Subaru Impreza, Impreza WRX And Impreza WRX STi.
WRX=World Rally Cross Country
Quote from FlintFredstone :Oy you, i own one!

hmmm pickles..........

Tee hee... Stereotypes are great. But I know all have their exceptions. I wouldn't put you in the Impreza stereotype, because I have yet to see you go on and on about it, or quote it's mods in your sig

mmmm, pickles <- rofl
I don't think it matters what RL car they are like

The FZ5 behaves like a rear wheel drive, rear engine car, etc, etc. The cool thing is that you can really tell the difference between the cars. They all have their own characteristics that are a result of the design. Just like a real car.
In other sims, the cars all pretty much feel the same. The only difference is how fast you go down the straights and how much grip you have in the corners.
About the scooby, had heard.. But here, we usually call them surburu Because, and we understand that its a impreza
Well, I have tried the rb4 at friends house, since I wanted to know how a 4wd is in lfs And the rb4 reminds me of say 1997 impreza with atmospheric engine... I dont rember tough, was rb4 with turbo ? And it went sideays like a atmospheric subaru... But maybe celicas are like that in handling.. Dont know..
STi - subaru techinca international ^_^
Hmm, I too think that scooby is just commonly used and doesnt originate from the cars looks..
Well... I am not english. I thought you english spokers know the impreza as a scooby... In fact, in my country, the word scooby don't exist for this car...

I am confuse, I forgot that celica exist in a four whell drive version.

And last, I don't own a impreza, I only owned an opel speedster... Hmmm "mister I know the cars", maybe you know it as the vauxhall vx220 ... because you played it in Gran Tourismo 4 . I also own a BMW 325 e30 for drifting trackday. And that s all about my own little story.

When I speak about physic based on, I should ask: which cars are the most equal in physics.

For example when I say FZ5 is definitvly a porsche it's because of: rear whell drive, power, engin type and "engine behind rear wheels"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG