The online racing simulator
Moving
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Nobo
Moving
Hello! I didnt know where to post it exactly hardware or technical issues, so i decided to post it in the off-topic subforum.
I am moving by the end of this month in an old steel-concrete house of the 70s. The problem is i will not longer be on a hard-wire. I will have to use a wire-less connection. So i am a bit afraid that it will affect my connection to the lfs-servers and give me bad lag, make my ar disappearing for others or disconnects. So what are your experiences (wireless lan + online gaming)? What do you recommend for a wire-less-lan adapter? Does a high quality adapter lead to a better signal and more stable connection? The problem is i am total noob when it comes down to technical issues. I read that i maybe need something like a signal repeater, since there is at least one wall and some meters between me and the station. Can anyone tell me about this, pls for a techincal noob.
I cant test the signal before i move in there.
Sad but there is no way i could hard-wire the connection. The other problem is that i have to share the 6m/bit (might be just a 3 mbit connection not 100% sure) connection with at least 2 other users. Any way i could reserve a minimum of the bandwith for my connection?

Thx in advance for the help.
Quote from Nobo :The other problem is that i have to share the 6m/bit (might be just a 3 mbit connection not 100% sure) connection with at least 2 other users. Any way i could reserve a minimum of the bandwith for my connection?

Only if the router has QOS settings, I had the same problem when I lived in shared housing, was a PITA
I have done online gaming over wireless without too many issues, but obviously, it will be slower than an actual wired connection. Though I think you will probably be fine using wireless for multiplayer.
#4 - Jakg
the main problem is not speed, but packet loss
agreezor
#6 - Nobo
I have moved now, and as i expected i have got some problems.
The conenction to the wlan station is +- ok in the night and in the early morning ( still low signal) when noone of my the persons i live with is up or is in the internet. As soon as people walking around in the house or surfing in the internet my connection drops out every now and then, usually i have not more then 5 minutes in a row to be in the internet. that sucks. Enough to send email or write in the forum, but not enough to play LFS
The earliest possibility hard wiring the connection is in 1-2 Month and that will cost ...no lfs (online) for me in that time
Any other possibility to get that better running? I have read about better antenna or stuff like that when i searched in google. But i am total dumb in technical question Dont have the money for my own connection though
help!
Quote from Nobo :Hello! I didnt know where to post it exactly hardware or technical issues, so i decided to post it in the off-topic subforum.
I am moving by the end of this month in an old steel-concrete house of the 70s. The problem is i will not longer be on a hard-wire. I will have to use a wire-less connection. So i am a bit afraid that it will affect my connection to the lfs-servers and give me bad lag, make my ar disappearing for others or disconnects. So what are your experiences (wireless lan + online gaming)? What do you recommend for a wire-less-lan adapter? Does a high quality adapter lead to a better signal and more stable connection? The problem is i am total noob when it comes down to technical issues. I read that i maybe need something like a signal repeater, since there is at least one wall and some meters between me and the station. Can anyone tell me about this, pls for a techincal noob.
I cant test the signal before i move in there.
Sad but there is no way i could hard-wire the connection. The other problem is that i have to share the 6m/bit (might be just a 3 mbit connection not 100% sure) connection with at least 2 other users. Any way i could reserve a minimum of the bandwith for my connection?

Whel sins i started lfs ihave beignh on wireless
So my friend don't worry

Have you checked the output and the ip adres codes?? al the codes should be alined
and ofcourse al the light need to be green adn running
wich privider do you have internet from?/
if you did im outaf pc knowlege sorry dont know that much about it
Exactly how far away is a hard-wire port at your place? If it is less then around 15 meters, you could find an ethernet cable around that length.
#9 - Nobo
Back again hard-wired.
Get ready to get owned on track again

Moving
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG