The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
How do i get to use other team's engines - looking for one for the season after next.......
Quote from (-Mark-) :i have a problem with my race pace.. i will qualify 5-6 and finish 11-12..

Race-performance is influenced by the quality of your tech department. So it would be interesting to know how good your technical manager is, how many assistants are working in tech department and the level of your construction hall.

Quote from J@tko :How do i get to use other team's engines - looking for one for the season after next.......

Not sure about this one, but I remember not being able to choose from other team's engines in my first season. Have you started building your own engine? Maybe that is a factor?
Quote from Linsen :Not sure about this one, but I remember not being able to choose from other team's engines in my first season. Have you started building your own engine? Maybe that is a factor?

Havn't started my own engine yet - using Turbo Jam

The only ones ive got (1st season) are Turbo Jam, Knock and Williamson Dynamic.

I presume u have to be further in the game

EDIT: you have to be in Season 2
I'm in 5th division again, marking the bottom end - and Tristan on the top
in debt by £1,000,000 oops rofl, no sponsors to get me out :S
17th division.......with mr "watch for me in the 2nd half" bladerunner im guessing you mean the 2nd half of this season
i have not enoughe cash to race damn!!! someone can help me?
Well, 26th division for me (that's up by six from last season), but I'm afraid I will suck this season. I do have two young and talented drivers but my engine is no better than the one I had last year .

So, as an advice for newcomers: Make sure to either contract a good engine early in advance, or be home right after the racetick of the last race of the season -- else you'll be finding yourself paying way too much money for a shelf warmer, like I am right now .
5th League (as Herki says), 41st on leaderboard.

Am now at Level 10 for all research, new 200% engine due after this race (reliablity at 120%). 200% components nearly done - several will be at 198%, so by halfway through this season they will all be 200%200%100%100%.

Now I can invest more in my second company, and get up the leaderboard a bit more.

My last season was fun - I won the constructors championship, but a couple of annoying retirements for my #1 driver Scawen Roberts meant I was 2nd and 3rd in the Drivers Championship.

Even though I've reached the peak of development nearly, it's still a challenge, as it now comes down to using my great resources to their best potential.
Quote from robt :17th division.......with mr "watch for me in the 2nd half" bladerunner im guessing you mean the 2nd half of this season

I will admit that the thing holding me back the most is my engine..I am running my OWN engine...not some $20,000,000 a race third party thing!!
Finally got my chassis 'almost' stabilised..now working on improving it bit-by-bit....

All chassis stats now at 81%..next release will be 85% and then more and more...
Dont honestly think I can get much more out of it when I hit 120% without going PRO...but until then..at least I am still in the same league (dunno how tho )
Has anybody figured out, why pitting times vary so much? I'm still way slower than some of my opponents .
Quote from Linsen :So, as an advice for newcomers: Make sure to either contract a good engine early in advance, or be home right after the racetick of the last race of the season -- else you'll be finding yourself paying way too much money for a shelf warmer, like I am right now .

i lost all my money paying engines, that made me finish no more than 7th... with a 18 and 20 yo drivers with all the stars... very good ones btw
anyone in leagues 20 or 25?
I am in league 20

Mad Team
If any lower league racers need a fairly good AND REASONABLY PRICED engine...I have a 110/110/100/100 engine for hire at 1,000,000 per race. (bloody thing costs 850,000 to build..so cant let it go any cheaper!)
Should be quite capable for divisions 20 or higher.
If interested..gimmee a yell either here or through GP Manager mail system!
Quote from Linsen :Has anybody figured out, why pitting times vary so much? I'm still way slower than some of my opponents .

Sorry for quoting myself, but I still would like to know what exactly the deal with pitting times is. I read the discussion on page 8 of this thread and it seemed the general consensus was that pitting times are basically the same no matter what level you're at. And while this might be true, there still are differences between teams present (even when the amount of fuel taken in is the same). So, does anyone have an idea what causes these differences?

And one more question.

What exactly happens if a sponsor offers a certain deal and you reject it. It says in the newbie-help-text: "If you reject, the sponsor will go away and think of another offer." Now, will he offer more if you reject once? For how long will the sponsor "go away"? One race, maybe? Will he surely come back?

Thx,

Linsen
Quote from Linsen :Sorry for quoting myself, but I still would like to know what exactly the deal with pitting times is. I read the discussion on page 8 of this thread and it seemed the general consensus was that pitting times are basically the same no matter what level you're at. And while this might be true, there still are differences between teams present (even when the amount of fuel taken in is the same). So, does anyone have an idea what causes these differences?

AFAIK isn't this the technical manager and no. of assistants that drive race performance (including pitstops)?
I only started this sim yesterday BTW so I could be wrong - and that's why I didn't answer your other question.

Got a 1st and 3rd in my first race in a 10-car field, they might not have been very quick but they didn't make many mistakes
Quote from Bladerunner :If any lower league racers need a fairly good AND REASONABLY PRICED engine...I have a 110/110/100/100 engine for hire at 1,000,000 per race. (bloody thing costs 850,000 to build..so cant let it go any cheaper!)
Should be quite capable for divisions 20 or higher.
If interested..gimmee a yell either here or through GP Manager mail system!

Pah, my 120/120/100/100 (i think) engine is only about 800,000 lol
Quote from Monkeymike :AFAIK isn't this the technical manager and no. of assistants that drive race performance (including pitstops)?
I only started this sim yesterday BTW so I could be wrong - and that's why I didn't answer your other question.

Got a 1st and 3rd in my first race in a 10-car field, they might not have been very quick but they didn't make many mistakes

According to the discussion earlier (page 8, I believe), the quality of your tech department does not influence pitting times, just overall race performance.

But thx for trying to answer my question .

(my tech manager is Patrick Head, construction hall is at four-star level and I have 200 assistants, btw)
Quote from Linsen :According to the discussion earlier (page 8, I believe), the quality of your tech department does not influence pitting times, just overall race performance.

But thx for trying to answer my question .

(my tech manager is Patrick Head, construction hall is at four-star level and I have 200 assistants, btw)

The answer is here (bottom post)

http://www.gpmanagerpro.com/co ... ?mes=5&f=6&t=1545
Tristan, do you have any engine laying around that you could sell me for around 2mill? (Or less if you want)
Maybe... What sort of power were you thinking of? I'll eat my dinner, and when I come back I'll set up a passworded engine that meets your requirements
Ermm something around the 1200bhp, and the rest of stats around that
One engine on sale for 2million.

1,212 BHP
23,810 RPM
94 kg
Reliability :109%

Password in PM

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG