The online racing simulator
Steering ratio & Steering Lock
(5 posts, started )
hi everyone ,

i been wondering what would be the best combination to acheive the most realistic way to handle the steering..

i'll take the XRT as the main example : these are my current setup

* 720° steer ratio and 30 steering lock and 0 steer compensation

do you think it's how a the car would be set in RL or at least what would be the default values for the car IRL ?

i suppose that 0 steer compensation is totally linear, how about the steer ratio ? does 720° reflect reality ? or should i set my wheel at 900° with a different steering lock value maybe?

u may've got it , im trying to be as close as the reality when it comes to handling the steering, cos fast counter steering doesnt really bother me..

thx for your comments and opinions,
Something like the XRT would have more than 900° steering lock, and somewhere around 30° wheel lock, with a linear (mostly) steering rack, and full Ackerman. As the max is 900, you could use that, but the XRT (which is an XRT and not a Starion etc) has 720° lock, and is therefore more realistic with 720 on your G25/DFP.
ok , so i was close to the real thing then with my own "guessed" setting which are 720° + 30 lock, it was a feeling matter.. i imagine the other cars should have around the same steering lock that's 30, am i right ?
Probably - most road cars have around 30 - few have more. Taxis and Vans often do.
alright , thx mate

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG