The online racing simulator
#1 - Cawwa
Kyoto GP Post race discusion
Let it out here ...

tomylee have promised to write a race report. Please help him out with your experiences.
Disaster.

Literally.

Only thing missing were either huge asteroids colliding with the Earth or giant dinosaurs roaming the track and eating people. And zombies. Lots of them. And no guns anywhere in sight.

Qualified 7th (better than I expected). T1 went ok but in T2 someone tapped my rear nasty. Ahoy there I went into a wall and spinning back on the track in front of incoming shopping carts. Bumpage ensued and I was gifted with a bent suspension. Limping my way to the pits to get the damage fixed.

Setup was bullcrap.

Ate my R2 tyres for breakfast (bear in mind, I had zero practise on the combo due to work) and then went on to demand MOAR TYRES NEED MOAR TYRES HUNGRY!

Off to the pits on lap 16-or-something. I went gung-ho on fuel and tyres, loaded my boat with R3s and 90% fuel to last for the remaining 2/3 of the race.

Enter cruise control. With additional carnage of me spinning before oval part and taking out fellow Finn.

Enter depression.

Finished the race with the last shreds of R3 tyres left on the wheels.
ok first lap was fun to say the least, with me being a unwanted guest at a party in the citty litter and took me 4 laps to get infront of the GT2 cars.
got into a steady pace and was doing OK untill my pedals started to do funny things and was losing speed at random times, so i pitted to see if i could repair in pitlane and the answer was no ( Was ectually a combination of Tobacco and Cat hair ROFL ) so i decided to limp home and get some points.
so to any troubles i caused im sorry, but i think i stayed out of trouble.
thats racing i suppose

all in all i enjoyed the race alot and cannot wait for race 2

grats to the winners and podiums you deserve it
After a good start i made decent speed and times, i had some good fights that lasted somewhere around 10-15 laps before i got a flat tire and spun out.
after that i had no chance to catch up to the car in front of me so the only thing to do was to keep the cars behind me away

Pedal to the metal and full speed, seemed to work because i crossed the finishline on a 3:rd place in GT1.

Very nice
LFSstats
Here some stats from the race tonight. See attached file. Thanks for a nice race all.

See you next round.
Attached files
Le_mans_KY3_RACE_STATS.zip - 25 KB - 173 views
Quote from spankmeyer :Disaster.

Literally.

Only thing missing were either huge asteroids colliding with the Earth or giant dinosaurs roaming the track and eating people. And zombies. Lots of them. And no guns anywhere in sight.

Qualified 7th (better than I expected). T1 went ok but in T2 someone tapped my rear nasty. Ahoy there I went into a wall and spinning back on the track in front of incoming shopping carts. Bumpage ensued and I was gifted with a bent suspension. Limping my way to the pits to get the damage fixed.

Setup was bullcrap.

Ate my R2 tyres for breakfast (bear in mind, I had zero practise on the combo due to work) and then went on to demand MOAR TYRES NEED MOAR TYRES HUNGRY!

Off to the pits on lap 16-or-something. I went gung-ho on fuel and tyres, loaded my boat with R3s and 90% fuel to last for the remaining 2/3 of the race.

Enter cruise control. With additional carnage of me spinning before oval part and taking out fellow Finn.

Enter depression.

Finished the race with the last shreds of R3 tyres left on the wheels.

:chairfall :smileyrai

Thats classic, made my day!
My race does not have name… after the accident of the T1 was in 9° position, in the entrance to the sector of the oval I went a little and arrived the inevitable one I spin a top. I let pass to all the squad and it cost 9 laps to retake the concentration in the race, in that time I visited the turf several times and I mistreated enough the wheels, when finally enpecé to want to take rate already had to returned pilots reducing to me… in that was when my left front wheel said sufficient and it left wire drawing me outside race.
I hope not to have bothered much, I request excuses if I did it.
I'll try to write something but this will be quite something with that long race
It will be not before the next week because I'm away for the weekend.
Please give info about nice fights and stuff.

Otherwise the race was damn long I'm still wacked from it
It was quite a boring race though coz I didn't have one fight during the whole time. I hope this will change in Race two.

I got the feeling that some of the GT1 guys have trouble handling situations with slower GT2 cars. Guys you should work on that

Congratulations to the winner and also Cawwa for winning GT2 after starting on last position, well done
The race length is what bugs me, to be honest.

It's now more a nuisance than a challenge since it's not really an endu length but then it's too long for a race to be driven without boredom or (literal) major pain in the ass or third vertebra region.

Or maybe I'm just a pussy.
I had great fight all race through with several drivers in GT2 and some of the GT1 (at least when they did mistakes ... )
Actually we changed positions through the whole race, mostly becourse of mistakes. My worse mistake was I forgot to refuel on my pitstop. I had to do a second one with a splash and dash but of course there where some repairs for damages ...

To me this was a success as admin, I enjoyed the race from the start to the end and thought all felt the same.
Obvisly this is not true since all Cyber cars didn't drive for the whole distance, maybe gave up on Jonesy ... ? ...

Congrats to Jonesy for the win ... ... looks like Mecury will be hard to beat this year ...
Quote from spankmeyer :The race length is what bugs me, to be honest.

It's now more a nuisance than a challenge since it's not really an endu length but then it's too long for a race to be driven without boredom or (literal) major pain in the ass or third vertebra region.

Or maybe I'm just a pussy.

Maybe a max. of 1.30h would be better.
The bigger pain is that we had a grid of 26 but coz we had two classes. That makes it just a bit more as 10 cars per class on such a long track -> means you never see any of your guys.
I hope to be able to better do it in the next date. But in spite of my abandonment I enjoyed while estube in track.
Well was late getting home so only managed 4 laps for qualifying which got my a reasonable place. Race started accident in T2, slammed on brakes for it then to clear and i got passed by a few people. No damage though, spun on the right turn after the bridge. tyres cooled down started to push, lap 17 decided to reli go for sum fast laps on my nicely warm tyres just for my lfs to freeze and boot my off server.
Thank you for the results R.Koltz ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG