The online racing simulator
wow ya Alonso sucked!! It had nothing to do with the right side of is car being all fuxed up...
Also, I believe, the clash that provoked the damage was with Vettel.

But seriously though all this Hamilton crap and his smugness is getting rather annoying.
From F1-news:

The FIA, meanwhile, is believed to have apologised to Ferrari after an email detailing the tyre rule change did not arrive in time.

Ferrari was particularly upset that, as is often the case, the important information was displayed neither on the official pit wall monitors, or via a pitlane courier who - under article 15.1 of the sporting regulations - requires a signature verifying receipt.

So we know who the morons really are.

Edit: and I include Haug for what he said in his comment he still hasn't retracted.
Quote from elipse :wow ya Alonso sucked!! It had nothing to do with the right side of is car being all fuxed up...
Also, I believe, the clash that provoked the damage was with Vettel.

But seriously though all this Hamilton crap and his smugness is getting rather annoying.

well that bit of damage did not cause the car to do what it did so on case one shut up and on case 2 be bloody careful bout what you say about this amazing bloke so again shut up
me hopes clownpaint is joking but if he isnt me = shoot clownpaint lol
Quote from Albieg :From F1-news:

The FIA, meanwhile, is believed to have apologised to Ferrari after an email detailing the tyre rule change did not arrive in time.

Ferrari was particularly upset that, as is often the case, the important information was displayed neither on the official pit wall monitors, or via a pitlane courier who - under article 15.1 of the sporting regulations - requires a signature verifying receipt.

So we know who the morons really are.

Edit: and I include Haug for what he said in his comment he still hasn't retracted.

at the end of the day, with or without that vital piece of email communication, Ferrari were still clearly the idiots by risking it on wet tyres instead of extreme wet on such track conditions anyway...
yep
Quote from JCTK :at the end of the day, with or without that vital piece of email communication, Ferrari were still clearly the idiots by risking it on wet tyres instead of extreme wet on such track conditions anyway...

This may be highly probable but we can't know because Ferrari was forced to change tyres. Instead, what's certain at this point is that they were forced to change tyres because of an error someone else did. I won't barter a certainty for a high probability.

Calling them idiots for their strategy won't change the fact that some other moron didn't allow them to have a fair race, and commenting like Haug did shows a huge ignorance, a clear lack of sportsmanship and an enormous resentment.
Quote from JCTK :at the end of the day, with or without that vital piece of email communication, Ferrari were still clearly the idiots by risking it on wet tyres instead of extreme wet on such track conditions anyway...

Are the teams allowed to put the extreme-weather tires on? I thought the rules state they aren't unless told so by the FIA...
I'll finally admit it...most of Hamilton's driving impressed me today, and I have to say that he deserved the win.

I wasn't impressed with his ridiculous start-stop moves to get an advantage over Alonso at the end of the first safety car period. It was dangerous and totally unneccessary. I'd like to think the stewards will give him a talking to, but it seems that anyone foolish enough to attempt to overtake the wunderkind needs to be punished. I thought Kubica's penalty was very unfair...Hamilton turned across the whole width of the track towards the apex and didn't see Kubica. I don't necessarily blame Hamilton...I can imagine that the mirrors are completely useless in those conditions, but to blame Kubica and then penalise him was ridiculous.

I was also amused to hear James Allen (in what I think was the worst race of his commentating career) say that aquaplaning was completely out of a driver's control and is a matter of luck, then immediately blame Alonso for losing control of his car as he aquaplaned off...such is the consistency I've come to expect from that cretin.
Quote from bbman :Are the teams allowed to put the extreme-weather tires on? I thought the rules state they aren't unless told so by the FIA...

No, article 25 says this:

e) Prior to the start of the qualifying practice session wet and extreme-weather tyres may only be used after the track has been declared wet by the race director, following which extreme, wet or dryweather tyres may be used for the remainder of the session.

Anyway this doesn't change the fact that since Ferrari wasn't correctly communicated the rule change, the rules effectively were not the same for all teams, and I thought sports was about competing fairly within a well specified set of rules...
What i find weird is that 11 other teams recieved the information, but ferrari didnt. The FIA arent known for being anti-ferrari, are they?
Quote from DeKo :What i find weird is that 11 other teams recieved the information, but ferrari didnt. The FIA arent known for being anti-ferrari, are they?

Most people seem to think that FIA is pro-Ferrari in one way or another, but I don't think that's fair. This year we had clumsy decisions in presence of hard evidence (already been debated elsewhere extensively, but let's just remind all lawyers within FIA council wanted to remove driver's points, but they were in a minority) and this blunder. Both decisions were - at the end - unfavourable to Ferrari.

Maybe the truth is that FIA is unable to handle the complexity of his job without making big mistakes because of sheer incompetence and the will to preserve the show despite hard evidence for political/business reasons. And incompetence has no bias.
Quote from zeugnimod :And anyway, how stupid must you be to start with intermediates under these conditions?

A bit strange, if you ask me.

Depends on the weather forecast you got. Since the start was behind the SC, if the rain had stopped the track might have dried enough during the SC period for the intermediate tyres to be an advantage. It was an aggressive strategy, not a stupid one, IMO.
Quote from FL!P : It was an aggressive strategy, not a stupid one, IMO.

It was a hazard. We will never know if that strategy could have paid. That's because I'm quite irritated, because as a spectator I've been robbed of something.
Quote from Intrepid :I would agree but it's probably sponsorship obligations... probs somewhere in the contract of the people directing the feed to show the leader crossing the line first... and lets face if your Santander paying all that money, your team winning, and then not getting any exposure you would be narked...something a long those lines.....

but i agree yh for sure... shame we missed a bit of the battle

Yeah, you're probably right about having to do it by contract. But they could find ways to show both at the same time, if they bothered. And anyway, the director missed a lot of action during the rest of the race, too.
Quote from Intrepid : I am so glad real racers don't take that attitude and actually have some BALLS

I AM KARTOR I HAVE FIVE BALLS FEAR MY EXTENSIVE BALL COLLECTION
Bah, i was hoping to see Vettel take the podium, it's a same he didn't even finish. Why do all the drivers stop then start then repeat under the safety car?
It's to warm rear tyres on acceleration (start), and to warm the brakes on decelleration (stop). Only makes a marginal difference to tyre temps really, as does weaving, but at that level any advantage counts.
Quote from spiderbait90 :James Allen: Great gamesmanship by Lewis Hamilton (orgasm)
Martin Brundle: No, its just silly.

You just KNOW Martin was looking at the floor and shaking his head at this point
As for Vettel... I agree with Tristan, it's and easy mistake..
As Martin said "Webber was warming his brakes and Vettel was warming his tyres, and somewhere in the middle they just met.."
Then again theres about 2 meters of track that Vettle could have used while not being up Webbers ass, but hey thats racing and shit happens, it was a good race and one that wont be forgotten to soon. If Webber hadnt have been out who knows a win might have been there from the pressure that he might have been giving.
Quote from AstroBoy :Then again theres about 2 meters of track that Vettle could have used while not being up Webbers ass,

There were probably 8 meters where Vettel could have avoided Webber but he might not have known which for all the spray (I need onboard to conclude that)

Anyway I would have LOLed so hard I wet my pants if anyone else than Vettel (or maybe Kovalainen) did it, now it was just sad.

My hopes for next race, for a exciting finale: 1. Kimi 2. Whoever (massa or rokie) 3. Alonso; Hamilton blows the engine.

Breaking to almost a full stop on restarts are dangeorus and should be banned. Going slow is OK, even very slow, but not trying to get others to crash.

Mayländer deserves a podium for all his leading laps.
Sutil in the points! \o/
Super unlucky day for STR, Awesome day for Spyker they finally get a point!
Props to Kubica for his post-race comment about his battle with Massa: "We made a bit of action and in the end we laughed."

Pity about his penalty - not justified IMO.

And although a bit harsh and not necessarily applicable to what happened in the race - I've been itching to use this image since I saw it:
Attached images
fernando_con_la_l_opt.jpg
Quote from xaotik :Props to Kubica for his post-race comment about his battle with Massa: "We made a bit of action and in the end we laughed."

Pity about his penalty - not justified IMO.

And although a bit harsh and not necessarily applicable to what happened in the race - I've been itching to use this image since I saw it:

ROFL!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG