The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
Bump Drafting....
From the test tongiht it seems that some teams and or drivers think that the best way to get past someone is to bump draft them all the way down the main straight and the when the car in front is unbalanced pass them...

also we have seen team mates bump drafting each other to make quicker times also.

Personally i hate bump drafting, it is not realistic and can be considered an exploit to some degree. If teams want to do this it is completely up to them, however i am asking that people do not deliberately bump draft in this league.

Any accidents resulting from bumpdrafting will result in dangerous driving penalties.

If you wish to be bumpdrafted then please attach a 'push me here' sticker to the back of your car.

To the bumpdraftor, if you dont see a 'push me here' sign, then don't push them......
Here here......... agreed..... not a fan to be honest....

I also think people need to be careful when overtaking as found tonight. Some people were getting aggressive taking on corners then wondering why both wiped out.......
Would that be you and Teedot, your team-mate? Only teasing ya Stablex
as much of a fan of pumping i am I don't like bumping on other tracks besides oval either, so i think the less contact with other cars the better race u have
Quote from Swiss_Tony :Would that be you and Teedot, your team-mate? Only teasing ya Stablex

I think Jakg is the Dick Dasterdly of racing.......

I did manage to find a pic of Jakg's with some of his team mates though

Quote from -NightFly- :as much of a fan of pumping i am I don't like bumping on other tracks besides oval either, so i think the less contact with other cars the better race u have

here here
#6 - Jakg
I don't think these cars will like bump-drafting, but tbh a sign won't help - i'm fine with most guys doing it, but i can see a complete n00b coming along and swerve across the road and take me out... :X
#7 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :I don't think these cars will like bump-drafting, but tbh a sign won't help - i'm fine with most guys doing it, but i can see a complete n00b coming along and swerve across the road and take me out... :X

You gonna be driving alongside a mirror then Jack?

J/K

Actually the 'push me here sign' is actually Sarcasm, but i seem to remember that 'sarcasm' is not always well understood on these forums.

So lets just say, i don't expect to see any signs on boots and hence ANY bumpdrafting going on...
#8 - Dru
Quote from LFSn00b :You are allowed to bumpdraft whenever you want :P

Ignore Niko please, he'll be driving around in a large Sponge for gawd's sake
I was racing at Blackwood GP the other day and this guy kept hitting my car on the straight. I went nuts after the race thinking he was taking the mick and should have just passed, to which I was told he was bump drafting. My face was a tad red...

Can't say I fully agree with it though.
#10 - Jakg
If you don't want it, ban it, although from my experience with UF1's bump-drafting i don't think it's a worthwhile tactic, as the cars get "hooked" onto each other and spin.
i think it should be disalowwed in this leauge
aye tried it the other night as the last car with some teammates. I ended up several times spinning out. And doesnt gain any laptime at all.

It isnt the car to bump, also isnt very sporty if you ask me. I only tried it to see what happens if you do.

Get ride of the push me sticker Dru, isnt realistic also getting more crashes by bumping. At the end of the day you`ll be taking out by a bumper and there goes your race.

So like James said : "Dont allow it".

+1
#13 - Jakg
Lets have a gentlemanly agreement - you only bumpdraft drivers you know want ie (ie who've voiced there opinion) and if they toot their horn you stop. Ok...?
#14 - Dru
nope.

If teams want to bumpdraft, they can do...

if they cause any crashes from it they will be be penalized asd dangerous driver and risk future participation in the league.
Anyhow, it looks a bit gay That's not a reason for not having it though. Um, I'll go sit over here, out of the way
i dont bump draft i would rather just go 4 or 5 wide up the straight. oh yes.
me too
lol
i've raced with bumpdrafters and even tho they where great racers and no problems occured i would still like to see it banned
not tried it with the newer patch with a full grid so i guess it will cause more problems than helping
I will go with the No Bump side of the fence Total ban
Im not a big fan of it either, but i'd have to correct the 'its not realistic' purely on the basis that i said that somewhere else and got pointed to some caterham racing where they're at it, and apparently while it isnt exactly common for drivers to do it lap after lap, it isnt uncommon.

Still, i dont like it, but would do it if i felt i'd gain from it. Quite often with no intention of passing someone, but then thats usually because its someone i know (doesnt have to be a teammate) and we've been having a good race and would both benefit by catching the cars ahead etc. But on the basis that the UF car does seem to start humping another its not really suitable in this car, so it'd have to be done somewhere you knew you could dismount the other car before the corner, which typically means letting off the gas by which point your not really in the position to make a pass anymore.
Quote from CELTIC100 :I will go with the No Bump side of the fence Total ban

the amount of bumping I see you do, I thought you'd be for it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG