The online racing simulator
Negativity towards demo users?
(84 posts, closed, started )
I just wanted to know, why is it that for some reason a lot of players have a negative attitude towards demo users? :dopey:
From what I have seen on the forums, It is because a lot of demo users appear to crack the game and then come on here with the status of demo user in there avatar to request skins and mods that clearly a demo user cannot use.

Sorry for the stupidly long sentence.
because of their thread titles
Quote from Da Hoe :because of their thread titles

I don't like the thread title anymore than you do, it's too late to go back now. :doh:
No, I can change it.
I love demo users. They are the future racers/customers/skinners/modders
Quote from al heeley :I love demo users. They are the future racers/customers/skinners/modders

Well said.
I plan on getting a S2 License, but not until I get my LogiTech G25 >
#9 - garph
There are a millions of reasons and these kinds of threads wont help either, it's been discussed a few thousand times, always ends badly.

Not having a go at demo users but it has been talked about before, a few times.

Sorry
My biggest problem with demo users (other than the cracking) is when they request extra content. They already get unlimited time with 3 cars and 4 track configurations, which is way more than most other games will give you. Then they spend no money and ask for extras? Pfft.
Quote from Dajmin :My biggest problem with demo users (other than the cracking) is when they request extra content. They already get unlimited time with 3 cars and 4 track configurations, which is way more than most other games will give you. Then they spend no money and ask for extras? Pfft.

Lol, that's a good reason. I'm quite happy customising my XF and doing wheel spins in the car park.
The negativity is mostly directed at people who make crappy posts. No matter if it's simply a stupid idea or atrocious spelling/grammar/punctuation, they all get their fair share of flaming or are being ignored.

It just so happens that most posts of this kind are made by demo users. Note that also S2 licensed racers catch flak for posting like this. However, I yet have to see any negativity towards a demo user who has put some effort into his writing and made a thoughtful post on these forums.
Quote from Poxith :Lol, that's a good reason. I'm quite happy customising my XF and doing wheel spins in the car park.

You need a G25 to do that?

Thinking about I think I'd rather spend £24 on a game, play it for a bit first before I spend over £150 on a wheel. My Logitech Wingman cost me £5 from eBay, served me well for 2 years until I spent £75 on a DFP (and I thought that was pricey)!
Quote from AndroidXP :The negativity is mostly directed at people who make crappy posts. No matter if it's simply a stupid idea or atrocious spelling/grammar/punctuation, they all get their fair share of flaming or are being ignored.

It just so happens that most posts of this kind are made by demo users. Note that also S2 licensed racers catch flak for posting like this. However, I yet have to see any negativity towards a demo user who has put some effort into his writing and made a thoughtful post on these forums.

We're getting somewhere now.
Mainly because most demo users come on the forums, start bitching about the game, ask for more cars, tweak, tracks, blahh. Ask with poor grammar, and constantly nag. TBH, theres few demo users here I can actually have a heated discussion with. Not to mention the legal issues we run into with some demo users...

But yes, as Android said, as long as you are respectful, post maturely, and are kind you won't ever have a problem. Only problem I ran into was people catching on about my S2 license (which is valid, very few people keep their demo forum account while using S2)
~Bryan~
Earnest demo users get a good reception here; it's usually obvious pretty early on who's going to be converted to a licensed racer and who's just going to kick the tyres in the demo for two years and post stupid garbage in the forums.
Quote from garph :You need a G25 to do that?

Thinking about I think I'd rather spend £24 on a game, play it for a bit first before I spend over £150 on a wheel. My Logitech Wingman cost me £5 from eBay, served me well for 2 years until I spent £75 on a DFP (and I thought that was pricey)!

Lol, I can understand what you're saying, but I'm completely gay with a mouse, so I thought to myself: buy the wheel before buying any licenses. At least that way, I'll be able to go around a corner without crashing and then buy the license.
Actually, could anyone recommend a reliable wheel that's available in, England and that wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket.
I have no problem with Demo users asking for more content.
It's just the ones that start bitchin' when they receive the answer; "No you can't, if you want more, then please pay for the licence and get the full game" that I have a problem with. Then we end up going down the old and well-trodden path of justifying why some people think the current demo content is not enough and some think it's already too much, and how many more people would be attracted into the full game if demo users were given just one more car or track, and how many more wouldn't be bothered cos they are fully satisfied with the free content available.

Quote :Poxith: I'm completely gay with a mouse...

Brings up all sorts of scary images. BigLol
I thing that will be better users to be separated in two groups. Players who can play in multi player /they paid for it/ and those who can't play /but who can play in the single player free of charge/.
#21 - Jakg
Quote from Poxith :Actually, could anyone recommend a reliable wheel that's available in, England and that wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket.

Link in my signature.

In short - DFP is available for £50 and is what i'd get if a G25 is too much.
Quote from polihronov :I thing that will be better users to be separated in two groups. Players who can play in multi player /they paid for it/ and those who can't play /but who can play in the single player free of charge/.

What a stupid suggestion, if i read it right, your saying that people who didnt pay for the content should be able to play with all of the available content on single player? What a load of BS...
If you've not even tried a wheel I'd suggest buying a much cheaper one before you spend so much money.
Quote from niall09 :What a stupid suggestion, if i read it right, your saying that people who didnt pay for the content should be able to play with all of the available content on single player? What a load of BS...

No i am say that people must pay just for ability to play in multi player.
one thing i've noticed is some hostility towards demo's just because of their status, as if demo users can't post usable content or be subject to a nice discussion.
in short (my understanding) you're not taken serious because of your demo status.
it's like in some situations from real life like the first meeting of your girlfriends parents, some of them won't accept you even if you are the brightest one from the girlfriends chosen ones, because you don't have a dime in your pocket.
It's a oooold bad habbit, existing for ages...

regards
This thread is closed

(84 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG