The online racing simulator
Best Ear Phones
(21 posts, started )
Best Ear Phones
I should be getting a Nokia N95 in the next couple of days.

5 Megapixle camara
GPS
+ blah

It also has a kind of iPod-y kind MP3 player, that is just like an iPod but in a phone. It comes with a 2GB stick thing, so I will be using that to listen to choons on the way to work instead of my brothers mp3 player.

I saw a thread the other day and of course it went off topic...on to the best ear phones, I cant find it..so what are the best ear phones. I want ones that go in your ear not over the top.

P.S...Please no saying the N95 is shite, you should of got the D12Y623923H87 Mutimedia PChone
Creative EP-630s are really good
Thats the ones...Cheers fella
np glad to help heard about em from jakg so yea your welcome
Shure earphones are the benchmark. But it comes with a price and prestige I've got the E2C, great frequency response. 3Hz to 23 000Hz i think.
Been using SkullCandy for quite some time and they have great sounding headphones for an amazing price.
The full metal jacket's have an option for 11mm drivers.

Specs:
FMJ 11 mm
Speaker diameter: 11 mm
Frequency response: 16 Nz-20z Hz
Impedance: 16 ohms
Max input power: 5 mW
Cable type: TPE
Cable length: 1.4 m
Plug type: 3.5 mm gold plated
Weight: 13 g

Currently I'm using Smokin Buds with my iPhone and they work just great.
#7 - Jakg
How much you got? The EP-630's are nowhere near as good as Shure E2C's or Ultimate Ears stuff, but for £6 you really can't complain.

What plug does the N95 have? a standard 3.5 mm or a 2.5 mm?
Crashgate I think he is talking about Ear Phones not Head Phones.
They are ear-phones :P

They're certainly not the huge DJ-style earmuff kind.
#11 - Jakg
If your going for headphones like the one Crashgate suggested, i seriously recommend you take a look at the PX-100's, even if you do look like a tit wearing them.
Quote from Jakg :What plug does the N95 have? a standard 3.5 mm or a 2.5 mm?

Its got a 3.5 mm plug mate. It came today and i'm posting on it woot. I really can't complain at 6 quid with those ratings.
I've got the Shure E4s, lovely bit of kit, although still light on the bass like all IEMs. Probably over your budget though.
As the talk went to headphones - KOSS Porta pro is a very good choice. They look very alien as they're been manufactured without changes from the 80s, but they sound damn good. Well, the alien look sure gives you a strange look so everyone will be looking at you, but I like'em.
Quote from Lible :As the talk went to headphones - KOSS Porta pro is a very good choice. They look very alien as they're been manufactured without changes from the 80s, but they sound damn good. Well, the alien look sure gives you a strange look so everyone will be looking at you, but I like'em.

I have those too. They are great.
Quote from Crashgate3 :They are ear-phones :P

They're certainly not the huge DJ-style earmuff kind.

Both these type's of hardware are called Headphones, as they require a head to attatch to Earphones just need a hole.
Anything by Shure, Etymotics or Ultimate Ears will be good.

However, if you don't want to spend £50 on easy to break objects, consider the Sennheiser CX300's- they're supposed to more than rival the Shure E2Cs and are only £18. They are also superior to the Creatives mentioned at the start of this topic and don't lack bass.

However, like all IEMs they're something of an acquired taste as you have to get them sealed in your ears perfectly and they're not exactly comfortable to insert.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennhe ... qid=1192394654&sr=8-1

NOTE: Get them from Amazon as they might be fakes from third party sellers!
Quote from BlueFlame :Both these type's of hardware are called Headphones, as they require a head to attatch to Earphones just need a hole.

Haha... Technically, mine *don't* need a head, just some ears spaced about 6 inches apart
Shure E2C's here, had a fair few in the past, and these are the only phones that give me decent bass representation, nice high end, without too much screaching, and most of all, they are the only phones that cut out most external noise and allow me to listen to them on the bike without having ear splitting volumes.

Plus, they are only £30, IMO a bargain.
Quote from TiJay :Anything by Shure, Etymotics or Ultimate Ears will be good.

However, if you don't want to spend £50 on easy to break objects, consider the Sennheiser CX300's- they're supposed to more than rival the Shure E2Cs and are only £18. They are also superior to the Creatives mentioned at the start of this topic and don't lack bass.

However, like all IEMs they're something of an acquired taste as you have to get them sealed in your ears perfectly and they're not exactly comfortable to insert.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennhe ... qid=1192394654&sr=8-1

NOTE: Get them from Amazon as they might be fakes from third party sellers!

I've got CX300s, nice pair of earphones for the price, as you say though make sure they're from Amazon themselves as there are a lot of fake copies about.
Quote from TiJay :Sennheiser CX300's

I got those. Sparkplugs are superior when it comes to comfort. Dont know about sound superiority

Number 1 advice is; Don't buy cheap crap, it will cost you more in the long run. They sound really bad and make your ears bleed. Then one day they just explode.

Quote from TiJay :However, like all IEMs they're something of an acquired taste as you have to get them sealed in your ears perfectly and they're not exactly comfortable to insert.

Are you high? They fit in to the ear perfectly and smoothly.

Best Ear Phones
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG