The online racing simulator
Kegetys' Ghost Car v1.0 for S2
(191 posts, closed, started )
tag i wanted to do a converter myself but i just couldnt gather the info needed to understand how raf and outsim outputs are conected
Quote from Shotglass :tag i wanted to do a converter myself but i just couldnt gather the info needed to understand how raf and outsim outputs are conected

When at first you don't succeed... Try, and try again... (and remember skydiving is not for you).

My guess is that they're not different, but then... I haven't even begun to check anything in game.

Ah... I see your problem... Yeah, that's going to be a tough one... But the info should be there, and it should be deductable. Even if the result is a bit funky in car behaviour.
Maybe Scawen can shed some light on this subject. Or a good search of the forums may help.

Just remember that this is the first thing I'm trying to do with games since good old SCGT... So I'm relearning Delphi as I go along.
i started a pretty unsuccessful thread to find out how those values are connected which is in the programmers section now
Looked like this would be cool, from the screenshots, but as soon as I completed the first lap while running the ghost car addon, my entire comp crashed. Blue screen, minus the usual white text, with stuttering sound. So, after a cold reboot I was back up and running, but not willing to try this again.

Any advice for avoiding this issue? I'm running S2 Alpha P.

Basic Comp Stats.
Athlon 2200+
Radeon x850 XT
Creative 5.1 Gamer sound card
1gig ram
just try it again, usually it only happens the first time.
I wish I could get this working. The DLL that is supplied seems to prevent LFS from even loading for me though. It just crashes after about 3 seconds
What an amazing addon!!! Thank you Mr. Kegetys !!
A stunningly userful mod. I can't tell you how much fun I have had racing myself!

Don't forget to allow it through your firewall.

I also use Pit spotter, anyone know how to run both at the same time ? Though it would be fun to race with the ghost and some AI - not tried it yet, too busy hottlaping against me
How ot use the ghost car together with pit spotter?
You cant, its an LFS limitation (Only one InSim app works at a time for some reason). However you can switch between then in-game with the insim command, though its propably best to do it while in the menus so pitspotter/ghostcar will properly 'see' the race start and all cars joining.
why would u wanna use ghostcar with pitspotter? ghostcar only works in single car mode anyway...
The documents said that it works in multiplayer...
great mod keygetys , knew it would be a great mod from your work in lfs and richard burns rally.
Quote from (SaM) :I get InSim::Initialise : bind failed when I type /insim 28888, does anyone know how to solve this?

I get this to... Anyone can help ???
Quote from avih :why would u wanna use ghostcar with pitspotter? ghostcar only works in single car mode anyway...

SO I don't have to restart the game every time I want to switch from hotlaping to multiplayer racing. Or is this unimaginable for u?
Quote from Seahorse :The documents said that it works in multiplayer...

I think it all comes down to how you interpretate it. I think he means that it works online as in, you can run the mod and then go online with it without turning it off.
@PLAYLIFE: no need for sarcasm to make a valid point.
Can't get it to work: "INSIM: Invalid packet received."
I can't get Ghostcar to work with LFS (not even /ghost help), so I set debugOutput=1 and used DebugView from Sysinternals to view the debug output. This is what it says:
[1040] S2Ghost: Load DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8.dll
[1040] S2Ghost: --------------------------------------
[1040] S2Ghost: S2 Ghost v1.1 by Kegetys
[1040] S2Ghost: --------------------------------------
[1040]
[1040] S2Ghost: INSIM: Loading config D:\LFS_S2_ALPHA_U\ghostcar\config.cfg...
[1040]
[1040] S2Ghost: Direct3DCreate8 (ver 220)
[1040] S2Ghost: D3D Handle is 1352128
[1040] S2Ghost: CreateDevice 1352128
[1040] S2Ghost: 1 backbuffer(s): 1152x928
[1040] S2Ghost: Storing function pointers...
[1040] S2Ghost: Replacing function pointers...
[1040] S2Ghost: GetBackBuffer..
[1040] S2Ghost: GetDepthStencilSurface..
[1040] S2Ghost: InitStuff done
[1040] S2Ghost: INSIM: Connecting to 127.0.0.1:28888...
[1040] S2Ghost: INSIM: Invalid packet received.
[1040] S2Ghost: INSIM: Timeout, retrying...
[1040] S2Ghost: INSIM: Connecting to 127.0.0.1:28888...
[1040] S2Ghost: INSIM: Timeout, retrying...

I'm running LFS S2 0.5U; is Ghostcar incompatible with that version? Or could anything else be wrong?
anyone knows where this can be downloaded?

his site in the first post seem to be gone ?

Thanks
Rolle
Works fine for me with U30

Maxim
wtf! You are everywhere Kegetys oO

DXDLL was a great Job by the way

greetz

one of the AEF Team (OFP)
Quote from kwijibo :I wish I could get this working. The DLL that is supplied seems to prevent LFS from even loading for me though. It just crashes after about 3 seconds

Almost a year later, I figured out what was wrong Having just got a new pc, I figured surely it will work now. It didnt.

Turns out running xfire conflicts with that DLL, so just turned off xfire whilst I ran ghostcar solved the prob!

Might be a few others out there who could give it a try
Quote from kwijibo :Almost a year later, I figured out what was wrong Having just got a new pc, I figured surely it will work now. It didnt.

Turns out running xfire conflicts with that DLL, so just turned off xfire whilst I ran ghostcar solved the prob!

Might be a few others out there who could give it a try

It was ATI Tools that initially stopped it working for me.

Maxim
This thread is closed

Kegetys' Ghost Car v1.0 for S2
(191 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG