The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Quote from Madman_CZ :I was just wondering, is it cheaper to build your own engines? looking at it from the development stage, research stage, testing does it work out cheaper than just buying an engine from someone else?

I have just signed up to a pro account but i currently do not employ any engine mechanics and I am buying an engine for 2.5mil

mad

It may SEEM cheaper to rent, but IMHO, over time then when you have built good engines you can then rent them out to OTHERS and make money..also, it is cheaper to build than rent in the long run.
Building your own does end up cheaper.
the top engines are anywhere between 4m and 8m building your own (with your "i have money account" ) means you can make these engines yourself for much less, and as blade said you can also sell your engines to others which can cover the cost of the department.
@Tristan, I love your TOM S Toyota 06a engine and would like to use it next year also, can you reserve this please? :d
Thanks, guys. And i just saw a driver named Ayrton Senna, full stats, 30 years old.
Quote from Alkanphel :Thanks, guys. And i just saw a driver named Ayrton Senna, full stats, 30 years old.

There are probably loads of drivers named Ayrton Senna, and Nigel Mansell, and Stirling Moss....etc. etc.
When you have a 'pro' account, you can name your drivers what you like, (within the bounds of decency, of course!) so obviously people name their drivers after heroes...thinking that it will make them drive faster (it doesn't, btw! )

Had to just stick in a funny bit here regarding names...I even saw a driver named Scawen Roberts...his teamie was a guy called Victor something
Quote from Ricerguy :@Tristan, I love your TOM S Toyota 06a engine and would like to use it next year also, can you reserve this please? :d

If you want it, you'll have to order it now (you can choose next years engine supplier now)! I can't stop other people getting there first!

Glad you like it though. I've tried to price it competitively too.
Quote from tristancliffe : I can't stop other people getting there first!

Yes you can!
Why not password it for a private deal?
Because I don't have a spare slot, and you can't password an engine for next year that's contracted for this year.

I've just cancelled a contract for one of my engine (it will end at the end of the year). On the first day of the new season I can set up an engine for someone. I have a range, from crap to 200/200/150/200. Will not sell for a loss, but willing to make tiny profits for LFS club people.
Hey Tristan,

if possible, I would like to make a reservation for the season after next season. I'll probably be in 18th or 19th division then (currently 21st) and will need something in the range of 200/180-200/100/150, or so.

Let me know if that's possible, thx .

Linsen

btw: We do have a private Club-forum at GPMP we could use, guys (it's in the "Game Forums" at the bottom).
Quote from Linsen :btw: We do have a private Club-forum at GPMP we could use, guys (it's in the "Game Forums" at the bottom).

I have just applied for membership for whoever has to confirm (Tristan)

team: Mad Team Racing
Quote from Madman_CZ :I have just applied for membership for whoever has to confirm (Tristan)

team: Mad Team Racing

Accepted. I just accept anyone. Most aren't even LFS players probably...

Quote from Linsen :Hey Tristan,

if possible, I would like to make a reservation for the season after next season. I'll probably be in 18th or 19th division then (currently 21st) and will need something in the range of 200/180-200/100/150, or so.

Let me know if that's possible, thx .

Linsen

btw: We do have a private Club-forum at GPMP we could use, guys (it's in the "Game Forums" at the bottom).

I can do a 200/200/106/151 engine basically at cost for you? That is 2.2m per race.
Hey one question, guys. How do you join leagues of your own preference? Right now, I just get catapulted from 97 to 62 to 49, how can i choose to join a specific league?
Quote from tristancliffe :I can do a 200/200/106/151 engine basically at cost for you? That is 2.2m per race.

That sounds just perfect! So we have a deal then? If you'd like to set it up for me, I'll sign it as soon as this season is over (3 more races).

Thx,

Linsen
Quote from Alkanphel :Hey one question, guys. How do you join leagues of your own preference? Right now, I just get catapulted from 97 to 62 to 49, how can i choose to join a specific league?

Very simple answer...you cant!
Leagues are allocated according to your points scored..this encompasses lots of things like wins, wealth, race points...too much for my little brain to work out...example...was in a league with RobT..I did abysmal in the season, and he did well (won the league I think)...but I went up more divisions than he did!
Argh crap, i dont want to compete against the top teams when im not ready yet.
You'll eventually reach a balance where you'll stop moving about so much. I won a league and moved up a load, then lost so badly it kicked me back down. Now I'm finishing mid-pack so it's not so bad. I think maybe one or two leagues down and it'll be a decent competition.
Oh so it balances itself? Nice... Thanks.
Quote from Linsen :That sounds just perfect! So we have a deal then? If you'd like to set it up for me, I'll sign it as soon as this season is over (3 more races).

Thx,

Linsen

Roger that - pester me at the end of the season.
Tristan - just realised im using your engines already! think i can get a slightly lower price next year?
Just about to wrap up my first season. Two drivers, 1st and 2nd place in the league (Div 32 if you want to check, team CarbonStar). My team is #1 at 44 pts, 2nd place has 24 so I have the win for the season even if I don't get any points next race, but I will since my drivers get 1st and 2nd every race.

What awards are there for team/drivers getting 1st place/2nd place in the final standings?
Zilcho
Awesome.
Tristan, who were you replying to there? im confuzzled.
It was to Mattmac. No prizes for doing well, other than the option to gloat.

Robt, I can't supply anymore engines. All slots are full for both seasons, and none by the same player, so I cancel your engine and reprice it... Sorry. Seems my 200/200/151/200 engine is quite popular.
Going to give this a try. Already did one race and failed horribly

Hoping to get my first sponsor deal in few races

I have the tiger paint on my car

team HARacing
/o<=O´ //////

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG