The online racing simulator
Drifitng Vs Grip
I no i am only a demo racer, this is because i have had to buy a new computer and hav not even had the £24 spare cash to get S2 i will be gettin the cash sumtime in the next few weeks tho hopefully (thats jsut so no one rips it out of me for bein demo)
Neway - i can drift and race, i can do both and i like watching both, racing is good for speed and over taking, drifting is good as it is quite spectacular, both take enormous amout of skill to do properly.
As lfls is a game based on physics not fancy graphics it allows racing to be more realistic while allowing drifting to be done properly
so all in all people who like racing and people who like drifing - they are different sports which need different skills but isnt it just a compliment to lfs showing how good a physics game they have created?
Quote from Greboth :they are different sports which need different skills but isnt it just a compliment to lfs showing how good a physics game they have created?

Yes.
Quote from Greboth :I no i am only a demo racer, this is because i have had to buy a new computer and hav not even had the £24 spare cash to get S2 i will be gettin the cash sumtime in the next few weeks tho hopefully (thats jsut so no one rips it out of me for bein demo)
Neway - i can drift and race, i can do both and i like watching both, racing is good for speed and over taking, drifting is good as it is quite spectacular, both take enormous amout of skill to do properly.
As lfls is a game based on physics not fancy graphics it allows racing to be more realistic while allowing drifting to be done properly
so all in all people who like racing and people who like drifing - they are different sports which need different skills but isnt it just a compliment to lfs showing how good a physics game they have created?

That's a nice way to put it. Bashing drifters is just egoistic way of saying "what I do is better than what you do". These two can co-exist happily and that's it. And who the he** is Wally?
Quote from Impreza WRX :...which the argument was started by yet another anti-drifter GPL uber racer...

Drifting has been going on for decades, it didn't become so well known until the D1 Grand Prix started.

Respect drifters! It's not easy to control a 300+ HP turbo car riding on snappy suspension and sliding at a 65 degree drift angle through a series of switchbacks and varying geometry turns without hitting walls in real life!

It takes skills to drift, and those skills are different from track racing. Anyone can do it in NFS, but NFS doesn't give you the feel nor the danger nor anywhere near the physics of drifting. Besides, how many of you can spin a nautilus donut while perched on the window sill of your car? Without running yourself over? Drifting is a sport where the winner puts on the best show for the audience. It's not about running hotlaps.

Now, about the wish. Its rubbish. The road tires available provide enough realistic drift life. If Z-rated Pirellis are destroyed in 15 minutes of D1 drifting, don't expect the road_super tires to be any better.

I have great respect for anyone that can drive sideways most of the time (it's a vital skill in GPL as you can't be fast without it), and I wasn't taking a side there. It's just that noone can mention drift around here without someone from either "side" of the coin making a post having a go at the other side. Point is, some people on both sides should chill, because drift and grip are both great fun and neither form of racing is superior to the other. It hardly seems worth getting worked up about it, imho.

But back on topic, I just don't think making LFS easier just for drifting is the point of the game, that's all. LFS cars, although fictional in brand, can drift because they're modelled on real, normal(ish) cars and not D1s. I agree with you about the tyres. You shouldn't be able to drift more than a couple of laps of any track on one set of boots...
i have a great idea... scawen should charge 1.00 US per set of tyres, with all the drifting going on wasting tires, he'd be rich!.... JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!
Huahua?
Quote from Hankstar :I have great respect for anyone that can drive sideways most of the time (it's a vital skill in GPL as you can't be fast without it), and I wasn't taking a side there. It's just that noone can mention drift around here without someone from either "side" of the coin making a post having a go at the other side. Point is, some people on both sides should chill, because drift and grip are both great fun and neither form of racing is superior to the other. It hardly seems worth getting worked up about it, imho.

But back on topic, I just don't think making LFS easier just for drifting is the point of the game, that's all. LFS cars, although fictional in brand, can drift because they're modelled on real, normal(ish) cars and not D1s. I agree with you about the tyres. You shouldn't be able to drift more than a couple of laps of any track on one set of boots...

Nice comeback. I only snapped like that because I am tired of the constant drifter/demon00b bashing that's been happening recently.
Yeah, it gets old pretty quick

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG