The online racing simulator
Off Road 4x4 Games
(79 posts, started )
#26 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :I couldn't get the demo to work, the installer gave some sort of error in gibberish symbols.

Bit similar to mine?
i installed screamer on my previous pc,
but the graphics were all messed up, now i gotta refind it
Quote from Blackout :...the installer gave some sort of error in gibberish symbols.

You mean Russian?

To me, the Youtube video made the game look a bit fake to me. It looks like the car has no mass etc.
If you like retro graphics, give MTM2 a try . physics are decent and there's still a fun online tournament raced every Saturday. Oh, and its free, and there are 100s of quality add-on tracks.
Quote from hrtburnout :You mean Russian?

No, I know Russian characters when I seem them. I might not have them installed or something though, but it's not like I lost anything awesome judging by the videos. :P
Ahhh guys, forget about Screamer 4x4.. in fact, forget about all games mentioned in this thread!

This is truely the most immersive high-end offroaod simulator on the market today!

Big Rigs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs
Have you heard something about Motorm4x??
In my opinion one of the best offroad game ever;

#34 - JTbo
Quote from NitroNitrous :Have you heard something about Motorm4x??

This one seem to use on Ogre engine, Rigs of Rods uses that one too. On videos it looks at least much more promising than 4x4game, however only videos so far are for sales boost and those can be made so that they show game in better light than it really is.

Game homepage

Well, winter scenes are at least very pretty and car seem to have mass, must wait demo of it now
What about 4x4 Evolution? Or FlatOut? Or classic Monster Truck Madness? All great games.
#36 - JTbo
4x4 evolution is not really a good game in my books, first of all, that is arcade and very bad arcade too, all versions of that really.

Also MTM and Flatout are more like arcade circuit racing games, not games where you drive offroad like OP seemed to do IRL if I did read correctly
where can i get cabelas offroad adventure 3 i have the first 1 cabelas offroad adventure 1 but i want 3 where can i get it?
Quote from BarryPaxton :where can i get cabelas offroad adventure 3 i have the first 1 cabelas offroad adventure 1 but i want 3 where can i get it?

Google?

As for the Cabelas' series, no, it isn't exactly ultra realism. The video JTbo posted, yes, you can drive that way. You will damage your suspension, and eventually the game will stop from too much susp. damage.

You have to drive it like you would IRL. Climb rocks and through the snow (my video was in the snow). You get stuck, navigate through gullies. I've gotten completely stuck in a gully before. Couldn't back out or move forwards. There needs to be a winch in the game (could be in part 3, don't know :shrug

Tis good fun if you drive it realistically trying not to crash and destroy the suspension. The game play in 1 and 2 was a little weak. I wanted it for just tooling around (bought both for $10 on the discount shelf) but you have to run through the gameplay to "unlock" areas and vehicles. Not many vehicles to choose from either, in Off-Road Adventure 1 and 2.

I'm busy moving files around on the PC. Haven't had time to load it up and do some driving.
And it isn't really an offroad game.
there is a land rover and ford off road game comming soon, but imo i use rigs of rods alot and that is the best www.rigsofrods.com
We need to wait for Motom4x. It would be completly good off-road simulator.
Quote from james12s :.....but imo i use rigs of rods alot and that is the best www.rigsofrods.com

I tried rigs of rods sometime early last year I think. I didn't like it at all. Control with a wheel was nearly non-existant. But looks like it's been updated since I tried, so I'll have to give it another go. As long as I don't have to put away the wheel and use the keyboard for decent control like I had to when I tried the first time.
there is a little slop but it is much better now, there has been alot of updates since early last year, also remember it is a game in development by now 2 blokes
That soft physics makes me crazy in Rigs Of Rods. At all cars feels unrealistic.
Great potentialities of game, but feelings are poor.
its fun especially with the firetrucks weewaaweewaa speeding through small roads and crash to death :P
God i want that motor4x game so bad now why oh why did i watch the previews suppose i better go reinstall screamer
#47 - JTbo
Quote from dj-fluxsa :God i want that motor4x game so bad now why oh why did i watch the previews suppose i better go reinstall screamer

You mean this?
http://www.xmotorracing.com/

At least in demo car understeers no matter what, also almost impossible to introduce tires slip by throttle, no wheelspin even at grass hill, it just bogs down, quite randomly giving split second of wheelspin and that is like on/off.

Also no matter how I tried scandinavian flick or whatever it just plows straight.

Also my machine was not enough fast for it.
Core2Duo E6750
2GB ram
8600GT slow video card

I was first interested when I did watch video and that it is possible to make own cars into it, but after driving myself it feels not so good.
Engine seems also to be without mass, just rpm rise and fell feels rather artificially limited, which makes it feel stupid when you rev. Feels very much like NFS Porsche.
Good points are that it is pretty and offroad track at least was quite nice looking and challenging to drive (specially when car just bogs down at hill), also car body and tires looks to be moving.

Oh, they seem to have some 4x4 game too, that I have not tried:
http://www.exotypos.com/games.html
-
(P5YcHoM4N) DELETED by P5YcHoM4N
Yep, i can't wait either!

Off Road 4x4 Games
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG