The online racing simulator
Graphics cards for laptops?
(7 posts, started )
I know you guys are going to say something along the lines of "Buy/build a desktop computer.", but that is not an option for me at this time. I would greatly appreciate it if I could be given a hand with possibly finding a good graphics card that would work with my HP Pavillion DV6000t (1.6 ghz Core 2 Duo, 2 gb RAM). I don't seem to be having much luck at the moment, but maybe you guys can lend me some info.
#2 - Jakg
Unless you have an MXM (or is it MXX? or XMX?) graphics system, your pretty much stuck with what you've got - even then the cost of buying a new GFX card will be REDICULOUSLY high.

In short - No.
I have taken a look at Geforce Go GPU's, and it seems that HP Pavilion DV series is it's prime market. Hopefully it will be the same for mine. Thanks for the info Jack
Don't mean the threadjack, but is it even possible to add graphics cards onto laptops? I know some laptops have dedicated GFX's, so is it possible to open one up and replace it?
It is actually, depending on the mainboard that you have. There are certain ones with a special slot, mainly Fujitsu laptops contain the MXM ones. 24" iMac's also contain the MXM slot, however the cards cannot be changed, due to the vBios being different.
Ah, so you can add cards on but can't replace existing cards. Thank you for clearing that up for me, Dustin.

Also, how can you tell if the laptop has the MXM slot?

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG