The online racing simulator
Thomas super wheel does anyone have one?
hi just thought i'd ask does anyone have a thomas superwheel? if so what do you think of them? im about to buy the cheapest one as im a poor student who's not made of money!

Im going to upgrade the pots i think too so they will last 10 millioncycles.

But how does the wheel feel and the pedals are they as good as you payed for?
And the gear shifter is it reliable and change well as if i use that wheel for LFS i will no longer have paddles.

Be great if you could tell me what you think of them before i spend £190
cheers
Simon
This is a tricky one as i have long been a fan of thomas superwheel. the build quality is superb. the action is really smooth. i am sure that mine will still work in 20 years time. The one drawback is that it's not force feedback. I now own a logitech momo aswell and i have to admit that the force feedback definitely adds to the realism. I still use the thomas pedals as they are many times better than the logitech ones. If you want to try before you buy, you're welcome to try mine. I have a basic set for sale but it needs the usb upgrade.

Dave
The gear shifter is perfectly reliable as it is a simple metal stick that contacts back and forward and acts as button 0 and button 1.
I believe lack of FF is a major drawback. But that opinion isn't shared by the Thomas developers (and some other people) as they believe that force feedback is distracting.

A more serious drawback is that the Thomas Wheel sometimes doesn't work correctly with recent versions of Direct Input (the interface that LFS and most games use to get the position of the axes). The consequence is that the Thomas Wheel always works correctly with older games like GPL and N2003 which use the older Direct Input, but sometimes doesn't work with LFS and some other new games, though that seems to depend on the computer or Windows version. I seem to remember some users solved this by doing some rewiring.

There are some old threads about this at Race Sim Central. I don't know if the issues are resolved yet, but i thought i'd better give youy this warning.

I've moved this thead to the Racing Wheels discussion section.
Thanks so much for your opinions guys :-)

really great at the moment i have a momo and a sidewinder none FF and i use the sidewinder the most as with the logitech momo i cant get as good lap times as i can with the sidewinder.

So the no forcefeedback i dont mind so much
#6 - axus
FF is very important - once you have it, you can't live without it. Plus LFS has amazing FF. The MOMO surely has FF though, no? There are two Logitech MOMO models that I know of - the MOMO Force and the MOMO Racing. You probably just need drivers which you can get here.
I've never had a problem with my thomas wheel and lfs. I'm on windows xp proffesional and I have the usb upgrade for the wheel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG