The online racing simulator
SO pits have now laptops and are in pairs then divided by walls
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Its amazing the things people spot that have been in the game for a long time. I guess its either being shown on a decent computer, or just them looking more closely that does it.

Like what? Are you hinting at the driver's head? Look at the bit with the FO8 again, closely... There is practically no steering involved, yet the head moves quite a fair bit to either side...
#53 - Nobo
Quote from PLAYLIFE : My guess is he just had to put it in a pony tail... otherwise it'll get sucked into the ram air intake or smth...

You can see that he did that when he is entering the bmw car. Dont think they are that different though..
- Some curbs on South City we're changed/removed (see atachment)

Can't wait for next update *orgasm* :lovies3d:
You gotta love eric's ghetto walk
any ideas how this new car is different then the other open wheel cars? cause i thought the fox was always the clone of that kind of class.
Quote from callmebob :any ideas how this new car is different then the other open wheel cars? cause i thought the fox was always the clone of that kind of class.

Less power and someone pointed out that it doesn't have a diffusor, so less downforce too. But I don't know, it probably is pretty similar in the end. That's just the thing with real life cars, you can't just invent suitable specs, you have to use the real ones.
the fbmw is a bit slower. the f0x is more like a formula renault iirc. the FOX has a noticably more powerful engine.
Looks like there is more catch-fencing at SO (possibly around the entire circuit like it would be IRL?) than before.
Quote from callmebob :any ideas how this new car is different then the other open wheel cars? cause i thought the fox was always the clone of that kind of class.

4 seconds a lap slower round Donington.
#62 - DeKo
Not really in the video as such, but the stalling is a reallly nice addition for me.
Quote from Riders Motion :- Some curbs on South City we're changed/removed (see atachment)

Can't wait for next update *orgasm* :lovies3d:

I actually miss those kerbs, they helped me stop tons and helped me turn, I miss them already.
I will miss the 'to the moon' collision bug, if it's been ironed out. That was pretty exciting.. (in other games, crashes like that would be called a feature)

/prepares to deal with ho-hum non spectacular normal crashes.
#65 - vane
the vid was great, the ais coming out the pit looks a bit to like they are robots programmed to go a present course(what they are) but i love it! cant wait

"/prepares to deal with ho-hum non spectacular normal crashes." keep a patch X version installed on your comp, for when it calls out!!!
I wouldn't go saying the collisions are fixed, it's a bit too far fetched to say from that video.

Of course, if Scawen has mentioned working on it?
I'm just curious as to how the extra car will affect the Car Selection Screen, seeing as there really isn't any spare room as far as I remember... lol.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I'm just curious as to how the extra car will affect the Car Selection Screen, seeing as there really isn't any spare room as far as I remember... lol.

That will be easy. Just reduce the size of the thumbnails.

I hope that is a problem we keep running into in the future
#69 - wien
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I'm just curious as to how the extra car will affect the Car Selection Screen, seeing as there really isn't any spare room as far as I remember... lol.

The menu already resizes itself depending on resolution and aspect ratio, so I think that's pretty easily done. Most likely there's some code laying it out automatically.
Brembo brakes I think

3:45 in the video, look at the XR GT
Attached images
brembo.jpg
Quote from ATHome :Brembo brakes I think

3:45 in the video, look at the XR GT

I am pretty sure DoN used his own computer to make the vid, so that would probably be one of his own add on's.

But....
Holy Kowalas!
Sorry, I might have a tpo on that Kowala Title..

Anyways, AMAZING! BRILLIANT! but now this has just triggered something... not a big detail but:

Is it possible that there will be Animated Bystanders? I mean, imagine spinning out and ramming into a wall while Bystanders rush away from the wall? lol just a thought.

South City looks real, its not digital anymore, its only hair widths away from looking real!

I'd say there should be an LFS Race Park, where all the tracks are available and for real lol

jk jk, but it would be cool right?

Just look at those Ai's leaving the pits, GOLDEN WORK RIGHT THERE!, looks robotic, but hey, Vast improvement! LFS is growing!

Nick

2008: the year LFS evolves into LFS S3!!!
Quote from jayhawk :I am pretty sure DoN used his own computer to make the vid, so that would probably be one of his own add on's.

But....

Wouldn't be smart to do an official video with an install that has 3rd party addons...
Quote from deggis :Wouldn't be smart to do an official video with an install that has 3rd party addons...

There's deffinately some 3rd party addons in it, i noticed my gloves and momo wheel so.. i'm flattered don't see a problem with that, it's just a little teaser, only freaks like us can notice those things
So.... we have a new single seater, I don't race single seaters.

A bit of South City rework, South City is my least favorite track sight.

AI has finally been worked so they can leave pits and qualify, enter pits, and they drive better and smarter. I don't think I've ever used the AI.

Better clutch simulation! Stalling, clutch over heating, whoohoo! I don't have a clutch pedal or shifter.

Blackwood reworked a bit in the chicane area. I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with the Blackwood chicane.

I certainly hope there is something of interest in the patch

Hehehe. Seriously, the engine inertia thing is interesting. And someone alluded to an Avon banner texture, so perhaps the tire physics will be tweaked some. The dirt mentioned here on the new car's windscreen is interesting as well, but in another screenie someone posted was the AI tin top cars and the glass was as crystal clear as what we have now. For that, I'm doubting the addition of dirt on the windshields.

Post spotted changes in Video!
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG