The online racing simulator
#1 - FDNY
How Do I View Car Skins In High Resolutions ???
...Having a hard time installing skins of high resolution. For starters I made sure I have some LFS Credit. Then I made sure my skins dowloading and setings are set to high 1024X , Then I went and dowloaded and install the high resolution skin into my skin folder.
I started LFS and proceeded to choose my car with the new skin.
The skin was there But the paint looks blurry and discolored like.

Any ideas What Iam doing wrong ???
#2 - Gunn
Just to clarify: you are connecting to a game server and downloading other racer's skins in-game right?
Graphics settings?

If you open your game, go to Options > Graphics > Car and Helmet Skin...make sure it's on 'Full' and not 'Compressed'.
The 1024 option in the menu is for the auto-download feature, for other racers' cars. The resolution of your skin depends solely on the resolution of the skin file itself.

As beefy pointed out, you may have the 'compressed' option turned on in the menu (it's on by default IIRC). Also, make sure the skin you're using is a high resolution one (1024px or 2048px).
#5 - FDNY
The first picture looks like the skin file is lower than 512x512.

Any chance you could post the skin files so we can try them and see if anyone else gets the same problem?

I would suggest turning AA and AF up on your graphics card, but it looks (can't really tell as it looks to me like you have downsized the screenshots) like you already have them up.

If those skins are private then you can always PM me with them, I am against using peoples private skins, but I'm all for helping a fellow LFS'er.
#7 - FDNY
Beefy thank you for your fast reply. These skins are not private they are found on the LFS FInished Skins. Will try raising the AA & AF in video. IF not I will send you these skins.
#8 - Gunn
Make sure your screen mode in LFS is 32-bit and not 16-bit. It makes quite a difference.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG