The online racing simulator
Ferrari Drive at Knockhill.
(71 posts, started )
Saved SP Replay - Bawbag_SK1_SS_(insert_track_record).spr

#27 - JJ72
lol someone was playing a Blur's tune in the background?
Quote from Bawbag :I was thinking about the same sort of time to, maybe even later, because if I wa shaving a go in the single steaer I wouldn't wanna be out on a crappy day, much rather have a good dry day for it.

If you want, we can organise a day where we both go on the single seaters at the same day.
Quote from BigDave2967 :If you want, we can organise a day where we both go on the single seaters at the same day.

That's the thing about the picking a good day thing, you won't really know untill a few days before it, i'll also have to make sure I get the right one, maybe i'll end up with the "Knock hill sauna and steam room" session with a free shave after it.
I was lucky enough to do the ultimate experience a year or two ago, it was the single seater, a wee bit of skid pan, then the rally stage at the end. it was a great day and i'd love to do all of them again.

The single seater, driving around on your own is great, i would definatley recomend it. For anyone that has been a fan of the track for a long time then its a real treat to drive the actually drive the circuit.
#31 - DeKo
quick Q, do you actually need a driving license to go and do the single seater experience? I can drive fine, but they might be a bit skeptical of letting me round in the seat if i dont actually have a license.

Edit: Shite,

Q. Do I need a full driving licence?
A. Yes, a full current valid UK driving licence is required for our car courses (licences from other countries may be accepted please contact office to confirm), and a full current valid bike licence held for at least one year for our bike courses. You do not need to bring your licence with you however you will be required to sign that you possess one.
BigDave/Bawbag,

If you sre going to book the SS at knocklill give me a shout (PM) and I'll come along if that's ok.

I hope they will put restrictions on Bawbags car for the day, surely he can't be as fast in the real thing...can he?!
#33 - Gunn
Great thread, thanks.
Glad you had a good time, and didn't find out why they named it a F360.

"You Shout F***! And do a 360 (spin)" - James May
I've done the 355/SS experience at Thruxton. I'd recommend doing the single-seater, and wet weather is a bonus Having said that the high gear restriction is frustrating, and the single seaters are rev-limited. Next time I'm going to go for something where they let you push the car harder and for longer (understandably more expensive):

http://www.track-club.com/cgi- ... rum/Blah.pl?m-1173959593/

Still I thoroughly enjoyed Thruxton and would recommend it. The instructors are great too.
Quote from AlienT. :BigDave/Bawbag,

If you sre going to book the SS at knocklill give me a shout (PM) and I'll come along if that's ok.

I hope they will put restrictions on Bawbags car for the day, surely he can't be as fast in the real thing...can he?!

As I said, I wont know when I will be hoping to go up, but once the good weather starts to come in and i'm fairly confident that it will be good weather up there too, I just don't wanna have something like this (Which is very expensive for your average Bawbag) ruined by having to pussy foot around on a wet day.

Would be nice to get a few guys up there at the same time though, kinda a LFS meet for Scots as the reading the latest thread, they seem to think "up north" is York, yet down south is the arse of England. If it happend though, could probarly book a small karting session to, just so we can crash into each other,
Quote from Bawbag :As I said, I wont know when I will be hoping to go up, but once the good weather starts to come in and i'm fairly confident that it will be good weather up there too, I just don't wanna have something like this (Which is very expensive for your average Bawbag) ruined by having to pussy foot around on a wet day.

Would be nice to get a few guys up there at the same time though, kinda a LFS meet for Scots as the reading the latest thread, they seem to think "up north" is York, yet down south is the arse of England. If it happend though, could probarly book a small karting session to, just so we can crash into each other,

Not a bad idea though. Driving experience, and then Karting in one .

How does March sound as a start in the middle of it perhaps?
March sounds fine by me, the ice should have vanished at least by then....well maybe not...this is Scotland

http://www.knockhill.com/
#39 - DeKo
IN theory i should have my driving license by march at the latest, so i could make it up
But in theory if you have your licence, a car and your own insureance by March, you aint having enough money to do the damn single seater experience!

I was lucky to afford the insureance every month, let alone petrol...
#41 - DeKo
Quote from Bawbag :But in theory if you have your licence, a car and your own insureance by March, you aint having enough money to do the damn single seater experience!

I was lucky to afford the insureance every month, let alone petrol...

Haha right enough. Ive allready paid for the car, and im paying half of the insurance, which is about 600 quid, which is ****ing ridiculous anyway. Make 400 a month though, 150 of that is going to t-in the park this month. How much would it be ruffly for the day anyway?
Quote from DeKo :Haha right enough. Ive allready paid for the car, and im paying half of the insurance, which is about 600 quid, which is ****ing ridiculous anyway. Make 400 a month though, 150 of that is going to t-in the park this month. How much would it be ruffly for the day anyway?

No it's not, people our age *well not me anymore, 22 now * are the reasons that insurance is so high, they are more likely to cause accidents on the road. Good examples? Neds and chavs with their super tuned up cars, and think its cool to ignore the speed limit, and go really really fast, and get themselves killed rather than do it safelty and use a racing track instead of endangering lives on the public road. *takes a breather*

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
#43 - DeKo
Quote from BigDave2967 :No it's not, people our age *well not me anymore, 22 now * are the reasons that insurance is so high, they are more likely to cause accidents on the road. Good examples? Neds and chavs with their super tuned up cars, and think its cool to ignore the speed limit, and go really really fast, and get themselves killed rather than do it safelty and use a racing track instead of endangering lives on the public road. *takes a breather*

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Yeah, maybe 1 in 10 young drivers are like that, so the rest of us normal people have to pay an absolutely insane amount because of these tits, who are probably uninsured anyway because its so ****ing expensive. I mean, my insurance costs 200 quid more than the actual car (car is a grand, insurance is 1200). What the hell?
Quote from DeKo :Yeah, maybe 7 in 10 young drivers are like that, so the rest of us normal people have to pay an absolutely insane amount because of these tits, who are probably uninsured anyway because its so ****ing expensive. I mean, my insurance costs 200 quid more than the actual car (car is a grand, insurance is 1200). What the hell?

^^ Changed the quote in bold, thats how bad it is out there.

Insurance costs are extreme for our age because of the young arseholes on the road, although we wouldn't be the ones that are causing accidents and driving safely, its the ones that the insurance picks off, because as a youngerster such as ourselves, we are more likely to cause accidents than those with experience and at age *25+*
Took my time in getting around to using my voucher but I phoned up today and booked to drive a single seater this Sunday.

Little bit later than March but hey....
Quote from Bawbag :Took my time in getting around to using my voucher but I phoned up today and booked to drive a single seater this Sunday.

Have fun Ray!. Have you tried the Knockhill track in GTR2/GTL? It is not bad for a bit of familiarisation, Power and Glory is best.
Let us know how you get on and I hope the weather is good ....LOL ...as if!
Quote from Bawbag :Took my time in getting around to using my voucher but I phoned up today and booked to drive a single seater this Sunday.

Woo go you!

Let's hope you win a trophy, apparently you can still get a trophy for setting the highest markings that your instructor would give you driving out there.

80 being the highest, I got 79 for the Ferrari drive

Have fun bud!
Cheers guys

I havn't driven Knock hill since the Toca games, suppose I should give it a go, though it's allready quite a farmilliar track.

Hopefully it's dry but it's gunna be kickass fun none the less.
Quote from Bawbag :Cheers guys

I havn't driven Knock hill since the Toca games, suppose I should give it a go, though it's allready quite a farmilliar track.

Hopefully it's dry but it's gunna be kickass fun none the less.

Just for the record: there's also a Knockhill track for Racer. It's quite good, and it might be worth a try.
g'luck nubben, go nuts

Ferrari Drive at Knockhill.
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG