The online racing simulator
New clutch in Y a bit wrong
(11 posts, started )
After trying the new patch, i must say that it really is one of the best, and really has lots of changes to the good side, but this new clutch sestem seem a bit too weak. It's a bit strange that you can damage it by making one start with almost full throttle, its just seem that its taken from a stock 0.9L daily drive car. Its just wrong.

This clutch issue had to be changed very long time a go, but now, when it is changed it just doesnt seem to be very real, just think about making one bad burn out in your daily car and the clutch goes off, disaster!

It my opinion, say yours
I agree, but what are we going to do about it other than complain? nothing
#3 - JTbo
More like clutch is bit strong.

I repeat again, check that 1st gear is reasonable realistic, something like 50kph max speed, make sure your auto-clutch is not burning your clutch when spinning (it does that if you keep throttle floored without changing to 1st gear).

Make sure clutch is fully off before pushing accelerator after gear change.
I'm in agreement with JTbo, the clutch is a bit strong in most cars - particularly the LX6.

But to take a general view on the clutch thing, what controller are you using, kABLiuks? Anyway:

At least ninety per cent (72% of statistics are made up on the spur of the moment, including both of those) of LFS drivers don't have a variable clutch with which to control the car, and so their clutch input is either on or off. If you take a 'normal' road car up to 6000rpm in reality and then sidestep the clutch - which is what you're doing, without a variable clutch input - it is going to hate you for it. Just as changing gear without releasing the throttle: have you ever seen anyone do this in real life, except as a one-off mistake? That's because it has a tendancy to annihilate clutches.

Another point is that LFS is not simulating clutch wear, just clutch temperature. So if you stop, or drive easier, to let it cool down again, you're no worse off. It's not meant to simulate permanent clutch damage, just heating, and if you're trying to tell me that your clutch doesn't heat up considerably when you sidestep the pedal at full throttle, I'd like to hear what car you drive

Sam
I know of someone that used to flatshift while racing. But that destroyed his RX-7's gearbox.
Well, quite.

Sam
Quote from Dark Elite :I'm in agreement with JTbo, the clutch is a bit strong in most cars - particularly the LX6.

But to take a general view on the clutch thing, what controller are you using, kABLiuks? Anyway:

At least ninety per cent (72% of statistics are made up on the spur of the moment, including both of those) of LFS drivers don't have a variable clutch with which to control the car, and so their clutch input is either on or off. If you take a 'normal' road car up to 6000rpm in reality and then sidestep the clutch - which is what you're doing, without a variable clutch input - it is going to hate you for it. Just as changing gear without releasing the throttle: have you ever seen anyone do this in real life, except as a one-off mistake? That's because it has a tendancy to annihilate clutches.

Another point is that LFS is not simulating clutch wear, just clutch temperature. So if you stop, or drive easier, to let it cool down again, you're no worse off. It's not meant to simulate permanent clutch damage, just heating, and if you're trying to tell me that your clutch doesn't heat up considerably when you sidestep the pedal at full throttle, I'd like to hear what car you drive

Sam

ammm...okey i have to confes, I use keyboard, and now it seems a bit better after your explanaition guys, especialy that in real life I dont do full throttle all the time, which could make clutch overheat.
#8 - Woz
Quote from Dark Elite :At least ninety per cent (72% of statistics are made up on the spur of the moment, including both of those)

AWESOME! I had to make this a stronger point as 50% of people didn't understand it the first time (Made that one up as well!)
#10 - Resu
Quote from Dark Elite :I'm in agreement with JTbo, the clutch is a bit strong in most cars - particularly the LX6.

Sam

Quote from Primoz :I know of someone that used to flatshift while racing. But that destroyed his RX-7's gearbox.

n00b!!!! I hate people ****ing up RX-7's... there's too few of them as it is.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG