The online racing simulator
Quote from tucker_98 :the money just got transferred into my paypal account to buy a full S2 license, after this update and seeing the demo fall to pieces I will be using the money on something else.

This makes absolutely no sense. If you were buying an S2 license anyway, what difference does it make to you what changes were made to the demo?

It seems likely that you're just lying about planning to buy S2 in some ill-conceived threat to retract your intended purchase.

Guess what? No one here is falling for that. One lost sale is insignificant. The rest of us reasonable people will go right on driving this fantastic sim, the community will continue to grow, and we'll all laugh at the foolishness on the part of a few people who refuse to accept any change in an evolving racing sim.

There's the door. No one will miss you.
Quote from XCNuse :Good Lord you guys respond to fast.. threads merged.
And unfortunately still trying to merge.

It`s gonna be a looooooong night XC. Good luck
Patch Y has turned this forum into a wasteland of re-hashed and completely unfounded complaints... Seriously people, it's getting old.
Quote from Rappa Z :The demo may have been ruined, but i say, S2 is better than ever. You might still want to consider buying it.

BTW, you won't get flamed because you are one of the first demo racers to come in and not be screaming like you were shot.

I am still considering buying the full version, I just had some of my pride damaged since I previously had so much fun in the demo haha.
Quote from axus :Yeah, if you don't like realism, you're probably better off spending your money on something else: GT5 or Forza 2 or something to that effect that has realisticish handling but without the rawness of a sim.

Read my previous post. You DONT LIKE REALISM, because you have a very selective (biased) point of view regarding which features you like (because they are realist) and which you dont (because you dont want to see them).
Quote from tucker_98 :Its become aparent to me that I probobly wasted my time by making this thread, as 3/4 of the replies so far are irrelevent and the result of people thinking they are witty.

Any educated responses are welcome. Or, a mod can lock this up and you will never hear from me again, and I'm sure I will see future flaming from this sentence... Posted for shared opinions, not abuse, oh well...

Thank-you for anyone making a good input.

Quote from DeKo :Right, you were going to buy S2, but because the DEMO changed you are no longer wanting to buy S2? The XRT is in the full game, incase you didnt know. The clutches are fine, you can change colours and you can recover your sets, even though they are pretty much useless with the rev limiter changes and the other physics changes. And the rev limiters are for the better, how many small 1.3 litre engined cars (think clio's, fiesta's) did you know that revved to 10k rpm anyway?

and another thing, you said X39 was fine, X39 basically is patch Y.
Yea all whiner, hear this: WE DONT MISS YOU!
Quote from tucker_98 :I understand that many people with a full license love and support the new update.

On the otherhand, demo drivers are suffering from it, go ahead and flame me if you like for using demo, the money just got transferred into my paypal account to buy a full S2 license, after this update and seeing the demo fall to pieces I will be using the money on something else.

Not dissing the game or anything, but with x39 it was probobly one of the best simulators I have ever played (Probobly cost me some of my education, if you know what I mean ), but the patch for the demo version is definately not something most demo users wanted to see.

Clutches braking, no xrt, rev limiters, no color change, deleting of all set ups... The list goes on.

Props to updating the full s2 version, but IMO I think the demo has been ruined. Oh well, plenty of good memories.

Anyone else have a "demo-related" opinion?

Go ahead, I have my flame-gear on

Don't worry, no-ones going to flame you for expressing your opinion in a calm and understandable manner.

Though someone might burp you a bit with a flame thrower for making yet another duplicate thread of a similar subject.

Demo has not fallen to pieces nor has it been ruined. Matter of fact is, it's completely free content and what it's meant to do is showcase, demonstrate and preview the full content of what LFS has to offer.

On that note removing the XRT from the demo and replacing it with an open wheeler was a very good decision - both community and business wise.

It's in the Live For Speed EULA (which just might be the shortest and most comprehensible EULA ever written) that the devs have the right to alter content as they see fit. And forgive me, but why would you want to keep your sets that would only make you slower with the improved physics?
Quote from tucker_98 :I am still considering buying the full version, I just had some of my pride damaged since I previously had so much fun in the demo haha.

Well then you have much more fun in S2, no?
Quote from Lateralus :This makes absolutely no sense. If you were buying an S2 license anyway, what difference does it make to you what changes were made to the demo?

It seems likely that you're just lying about planning to buy S2 in some ill-conceived threat to retract your intended purchase.

Guess what? No one here is falling for that. One lost sale is insignificant. The rest of us reasonable people will go right on driving this fantastic sim, the community will continue to grow, and we'll all laugh at the foolishness on the part of a few people who refuse to accept any change in an evolving racing sim.

There's the door. No one will miss you.

Well, I guess I'll leave this thread alone. Maybe someday if the world is to your liking everyone will have their lips sewn shut so that no opinions can ever be voiced. Thank you for accusing me of "lieing" about purchasing the game, makes you seem all the more educated.

Well I guess I started a snake-pit of sorts with this post, I'll leave it alone and let the flamers continue you brew out of control... You people are the problem, not the update, not demo racers.
Quote from spankmeyer :And forgive me, but why would you want to keep your sets that would only make you slower with the improved physics?

This is off-topic, but my old setups are good bases on which to construct new setups. A little tweaking of the gear ratios has turned a few of my old FOX setups into pretty good new ones in only a few minutes. It's a lot easier to tweak a basic setup than it is to start from scratch.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Well then you have much more fun in S2, no?

Very possible that I would, if I do purchase it I will let you know how it goes .

I was just afraid that the game will get closer to being more grip related... Which the game is intended to be really, I just enjoyed the idea of drifting as I know I will never have the funds to be able to try it myself at this level.
Quote from tucker_98 :Well, I guess I'll leave this thread alone. Maybe someday if the world is to your liking everyone will have their lips sewn shut so that no opinions can ever be voiced. Thank you for accusing me of "lieing" about purchasing the game, makes you seem all the more educated.

Well I guess I started a snake-pit of sorts with this post, I'll leave it alone and let the flamers continue you brew out of control... You people are the problem, not the update, not demo racers.

LOL dude you are speaking against to you, now patch is good suddenly for you? Haha ur funny
Quote from tucker_98 :Very possible that I would, if I do purchase it I will let you know how it goes .

I was just afraid that the game will get closer to being more grip related... Which the game is intended to be really, I just enjoyed the idea of drifting as I know I will never have the funds to be able to try it myself at this level.

I assure you, there are still plenty of drift servers sitting at the top of the server browser, with a much larger selection of cars than just the XRT
Quote from tucker_98 :Well, I guess I'll leave this thread alone. Maybe someday if the world is to your liking everyone will have their lips sewn shut so that no opinions can ever be voiced. Thank you for accusing me of "lieing" about purchasing the game, makes you seem all the more educated.

It's spelled "lying".

More than once now you've said you're leaving and won't post again, yet here you are.

Once again, there's the door. No one will miss you. Everyone here is laughing at you.
Quote from tucker_98 :Thank you for your positive input, and causing people to scroll through this crap.

Positive or not, it's the truth.
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :Hmm. No. Not real at all. If something goes wrong (you crash, clutch is burned, a tyre explodes... your car should remain exactly where it should be. ITS A SIMULATION REMEMBER?

What it should be done its that at some point your car is taken out of the track slowly, and from there you should walk to the pits in order to be able to be a spectator, or get out of the SIMULATION.

If you get out of the SIMULATION without walking to pits then you should loose the hability to search servers and etc. Punishment for anyone who do not think that LFS ITS A S I M U L A T I O N

Actually I would not mind for most of features you listed, but don't you think there is other shades of gray than white and black?

Unfortainly there are some gameplay related things that we must accept, but hopefully it is kept as real as possible. Tire temps, wear, mechanical issues, like clutch temp etc. are things that do affect racing a lot, searching servers is not affecting to racing as racing is pretty much same with or without it, that affects to gameplay and many of realism elitist like myself are wishing racing to be as real as possible.

That is why cars should be left on track and removed with realistic speed and so on

Today I won race even I was slower, because my opponent melt his tires
Quote from DeKo :I assure you, there are still plenty of drift servers sitting at the top of the server browser, with a much larger selection of cars than just the XRT

Yp i agree im driftin often on S2 and you can drift with:XRG,XRT,LX4,LX6,RB4,FXO,FZ5,RAC on average servers!
so if you like drifting youll like s2 a lot! also have racing that are really competitive!
just went out for some drifting in Fern Bay at Team Orange server...
funny enough, nobody is complaining about the clutch...(or the lack of XRT in demo for that matter)...
We have agreed that we all should get used to the rev limiter and the clutch heat, that's all...

(its easy to do...)
Quote from tucker_98 :I was just afraid that the game will get closer to being more grip related... Which the game is intended to be really, I just enjoyed the idea of drifting as I know I will never have the funds to be able to try it myself at this level.

What on earth are you talking about? LFS isn't getting more 'grip related' (whatever that actually means), it's getting closer to a realistic vehicle simulator. That means that it's always getting closer to becoming the best racing simulator and the best drifting simulator all the time...as far as I'm aware Scawen is concerned with pure vehicle physics, not 'drift' or 'grip'.
Quote from tucker_98 :...the money just got transferred into my paypal account to buy a full S2 license, after this update and seeing the demo fall to pieces I will be using the money on something else.

That makes about as much sense as purple monkey dishwasher.
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :Hmm. No. Not real at all. If something goes wrong (you crash, clutch is burned, a tyre explodes... your car should remain exactly where it should be. ITS A SIMULATION REMEMBER?

What it should be done its that at some point your car is taken out of the track slowly, and from there you should walk to the pits in order to be able to be a spectator, or get out of the SIMULATION.

If you get out of the SIMULATION without walking to pits then you should loose the hability to search servers and etc. Punishment for anyone who do not think that LFS ITS A S I M U L A T I O N

I didn't say anything about the car vanishing with pressing the button, did I? Because I'd love for it to stay in the way for some time (and maybe causing some full track yellows) before it gets removed... In this time you'd be prevented from rejoining, of course... As for the walking, that'll be unnecessary...
Quote from bbman :I didn't say anything about the car vanishing with pressing the button, did I? Because I'd love for it to stay in the way for some time

Well, of course, thats the whole point of a hard core simulation. But in its current incarnation LFS has some good, well executed aspects, and some others that are a shame, like Shift+P, Custom Views, car deformation physics, damage model, graphics (real time lights and shadows, textures, bump mapping, etc) and more.

So, my argument goes this way (for all the "iiits aa simuullaatioonn duudddeeee") go cry about the realism elsewhere, if you are REALLY that interested in getting out a simulator from LFS ASK FOR IT! DEMAND IT, and stop applauding blindly everything that its going on.

If you don't drive with a proper control, YOU ARE NOT PLAYING A SIMULATION, and the clutch is USELESS (in simulation terms) if you DONT HAVE ONE.

Now, for the ones who actually read arguments and doesn't resort to cheap insults everytime someone questions some of the changes in this new version... argumented points of view are welcomed.
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :
So, my argument goes this way (for all the "iiits aa simuullaatioonn duudddeeee") go cry about the realism elsewhere, if you are REALLY that interested in getting out a simulator from LFS ASK FOR IT! DEMAND IT, and stop applauding blindly everything that its going on.

I'm currently quite happy with sitting back and letting Scawen decide where to go seeing as he's delivering exactly what it said on the tin. You however are going to have to do some serious moaning if you want an arcade mode
Quote from ajp71 :I'm currently quite happy with sitting back and letting Scawen decide where to go seeing as he's delivering exactly what it said on the tin. You however are going to have to do some serious moaning if you want an arcade mode Wink

I know, and all the problem here is the word "arcade". Big mistake from my part knowing I'm in a hard core community of fans.

That said, my arguments are the important thing, forget about how you call it. "Strict Simulation" for those who have wheel with three pedals and a stick, "Mode 2" for those of us who don't have a way to give the REALISTIC INPUT a clutch needs.. and so on.

The STRICT SIMULATION mode should not include shift+p and other things that are simply wrong in current incarnation.

... I just tried the patch a bit more and can't help but noticing something... what happened to the digital speedo???? GUESS ITS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR A REALISTIC SIMULAAATOOOR!!!!!!!!!! Uhmm

MAJOR disappointment.
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG