The online racing simulator
cruise server, what to do?
(39 posts, started )
so can any body please explain me what do those cruise servers stand for, what to do in them... Or link me please
#2 - J@tko
Quote from kABLiuks :so can any body please explain me what do those cruise servers stand for, what to do in them... Or link me please

You pick a car, drive around under the speed limit to get money to buy new cars. And run away from the police, who then ban you for having fun.
Quote from kABLiuks :what do those cruise servers stand for

In an abstract way? Virtual consumerism.

Practically? The MMORPG effect - increasing some stat (in this case "money") via a repetitive and usually easy task (in this case driving with 50mph).
ammm... okey, the big question- so is that fun?
The people who go there a lot say it is fun.

The rest of us don't understand why they go there a lot.
#6 - Gunn
Quote from kABLiuks :ammm... okey, the big question- so is that fun?

Some people seem to think so. But some people think Coldplay is a good band too, so, go figure.
Quote from kABLiuks :so is that fun?

Some people get a kick out of bungee jumping.
Some people get a kick out of collecting stamps.
Some other people get a kick out of collecting pins (maybe because stamps seem pointless to them - HA HA).
Yet some other people consider farting to be fun.

When faced between the latter and cruising I'm more inclined to appreciate a well-resonating toot of decent duration.
Quote from J@tko :You pick a car, drive around under the speed limit to get money to buy new cars. And run away from the police, who then ban you for having fun.

so its a closed circle, server is made for fun, but you get baned for having it... d'oh!
Quote from kABLiuks :so its a closed circle, server is made for fun, but you get baned for having it... d'oh!

Is not like that

If you dont follow the rules obiusly kick you or ban you =P

LTC : mostly time no cops
ClC : cops al the time
J4F :Cops al the time
NpC :i dont know , never enter

Is easy if there are cops , and are close to you keep the speed limit
if the cop catch you , just pay the fine and done =P

IMO cruise server is good for relax , before a Hard Race in ConeDodgers 2
________
Buy Volcano Vaporizer
Quote from kABLiuks :so can any body please explain me what do those cruise servers stand for, what to do in them... Or link me please

You go back to the server list and pick a race server.
Quote from J@tko :You pick a car, drive around under the speed limit to get money to buy new cars. And run away from the police, who then ban you for having fun.

You're absoloutely right - I got a 60 day ban from [TC] City Driving because I had an accidental crash which they said was ramming. I think the cops just couldn't be bothered to chase me
is it really a bad thing to be banned?
This is a race car simulator , not GTA or Driver arcade game .
I think it's an embarrassment to LFS to have these cruise servers, They should all be banned , and all the kids can go play on PS2/3
The cruise servers are meant to be a way to relax and chat with your mates, but I found that they are too competitive and there are too many rules for it to be relaxing. If I need to relax I join a drift server, nothing like a bit of sideways action in the XRT to make you feel good about the world.
Quote from Inouva :Is not like that

If you dont follow the rules obiusly kick you or ban you =P

LTC : mostly time no cops
ClC : cops al the time
J4F :Cops al the time
NpC :i dont know , never enter

Is easy if there are cops , and are close to you keep the speed limit
if the cop catch you , just pay the fine and done =P

IMO cruise server is good for relax , before a Hard Race in ConeDodgers 2

you forgot TC, Cops and Robbers all the time

in most cruise servers or an insimed server, !help or $help will deisplay commands that you can use. always view the rules and some servers (LTC) have a getting started command. view those
!destroy or !format C:
well, im a cop on j4f kyoto cruise, i wont ban anyone for running but if i bust u then ill ban u if u go 2 the pits, dont be so over dramatic bout, cruisin is fun, laws were made 2 b broken!!
Quote from Gunn :But some people think Coldplay is a good band too, so, go figure.

:weeping:

I've been on cruise servers a couple of times and got very confused. Racing is just about as complicated as I can take!
Quote from Turbo Dad :This is a race car simulator , not GTA or Driver arcade game .
I think it's an embarrassment to LFS to have these cruise servers, They should all be banned , and all the kids can go play on PS2/3

I think you are an embarrassment to the human race (oops, I said "race"... don't get an orgasm!)
I tried it out a few days ago. Being that I am nearly twice the age of virtually everyone that was present, I grew pretty bored quickly. I tried the coin quest thing, gave up on that, so I drove and drove and drove until I was able to afford the XRG.

To me, there was no sense of purpose, it's ready made for 12-18 year old's who have a lot to talk about but no substance behind the words. Before some of that age jumps on me for that, wait ten years and then reflect back to when you were sixteen. Anyone over the age of thirty will know what I mean.

For example, until I got annoyed and pressed " - " to block messages, I watched one idiot type to another:

Hey guess what?
Hey guess what?
Hey guess what?
Hey guess what?
Hey guess what?
Hey guess what?
Hey guess what?
Hey guess what?

That went on for, no kidding, 32 minutes.

And of course the obligatory accusations of homosexuality, (why ARE teenager's so obsessed with that?) the "kekekekekeke's"*, the "STFU's" The "OMG i drive leik teh idiot somone fl!p me ovr plz...stfu n00b, kekekekekeke".

If you are reading and think cruise servers are all that and a bag of chips, great. Before I judged, I came, I saw, and I am forever scarred.

*likewise, if they are Latin it would be "JAJAJAJAJAJAJA"
cha, most of you hate it, but i suppose kids just dont write in this thread
I personaly drove there 100km and got fed up veeery quick, it is good only for....ammm... i dont realy know
Why just people flamming in forums about the cruise servers? It's okay for those who want to cruise.

WHAT DO PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THINGS THEY DON'T HAVE TO USE? SO PLEASE STOP THAT WE DON'T WANT YOU ON OUR CRUISE SERVER EITHER.

I hate pople saying that's not good this either no good... If people want to drift they can go on DRIFT Servers. if people want to cruise, so they join a cruise server. if they want to race... so they go on normal LFS Server. Nobody says you MUST join this or that server....

You are the same people which hates the Drift people on the race server or the slow cruisers in a race. So why do you hate Cruise Servers? They hold the cruisers away from you BELOVED Race Servers..

with best hateful greetings

Fredy

PS: Don't take this post serious... because i don't care about that ^^
i sort of agree, if drift servers were banned race servers would fill up with drifters, and the same if cruise servers were banned

it's your choice to join them, personally i always seem to get into trouble on them, so i joined the cops for a bit, which is really boring and sometimes you just want to shunt people for no reason, put it this way. if you like driving slowly, then
A. get a real car and drive
B.join a cruise server

Yeh it's called live for SPEED for a reason. Not live to drive like a granny.

It's not my taste but each to their own.

Aslong as you stay the hell away from race servers i'll be happy

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG