The online racing simulator
can anyone tell me whats wrong when my game says this, "IS_MTC - only for multiplayer hosts" Also, none of the functions are working.
Quote from Gai-Luron :For FBM : Use tool to regenerate trackinfo file, find it in the first post

For ':' you have an explanation for this special car in the top of config file:

Gai-Luron

Thanks for your answer again. I will use the mentioned tool to make a new trackinfo file.
So I should user {colon} instead of \: ?
Then maybe you could remove the following text which is in the scheduled action section:

# To escape ':' type '\:' if you want ':' in your message.

as it's somewhat confusing at the moment. Anyway, thanks again for so much support and this great application.

[edit]
Spotted a small error in the config-file.

Original line:

OnMaxFastDriveOnPit = /msg {Nickname}^1 banned to fast drive on pit|/rcm ^1YOU ARE BANNED|/rcm_ply {Username}|/msg ban {Username};

Should be:

OnMaxFastDriveOnPit = /msg {Nickname}^1 banned to fast drive on pit|/rcm ^1YOU ARE BANNED|/rcm_ply {Username}|/ban {Username};
[/edit]
omg, do not use this with demo server!
(there everyone can rename to "desired" admin-name and use your commands...)

Quote from Yisc[NL] :Do you have an Demo- or S2-server?
When using Demo, try this:

Then you have to make a file adminlist.txt with all the nicknames of your teammembers in it, with a one name a row.

When using S2, try this:

Then you have to make a file adminlist.txt with all the usernames of your teammembers in it, with a one name a row.

So the authentication differs between Demo and S2 and the names in adminlist.txt differ between nicknames and usersnames.

I ran a demo-server with the latest Lapper (5.42) tonight and I'm happy with the way things happened. Still I have some wishes for a next release.

-Exclude idle time-out when people change the setup of their car *1
-Exclude idle time-out when people are waiting for the start *2
-Enable idle time-out after people have made a pit stop *3
-Option to use !top or other commands in combination with a regular expression (to search for teammates for example)

*1: When people are in the pit box, there's no need to move them to spectate since they are already clear from the track

*2: When time-out is set too short, people receive a first warning while waiting for the light to go green. Of course you can set the time-out to a higher value, but to get the track clear as soon as possible it would be nice if the start can be excluded

*3: Some people think it's funny to make a stop and then block the pits. So if possible, start the idle timer just after the end-pit packet is received

Thanks in advance and hopefully those requests will be for filled in the (near) future.
I still get "IS_MTC - only for multiplayer hosts" when I run my LFS Lapper. Most functions work except the drift counter. I dunno why. Speeding in pits, welcome message stuff like that is working great tho.
"IS_MTC" is a LFS packet for insim designed for dedicated servers only. This means your running a full client of the LFS host and trying to send that packet in another server?. MTC stands for message to connection, now if you could freely send Messages to connections on LFS servers think of the hassel you could cause!
well im running a dedi server on the same machine as im playing the game. is that a problem? I think i done if before a wile back. Any idea of a way around this problem?
Salut G-L!!!
Just a few questions..
I know there is a way to detect the controls used, and there is also a way to control who joins the server based on handicaps/license etc...
Is it possible to limit who joins based on what controls they use? Example...If manual clutch/shifter is NOT used, then "/spec {username};"
I already HAVE a small app that does exactly that, but I would prefer one that was built in to LFS Lapper..mainly to save the number of programs that have to be started every time I boot my server

Secondly, and (for me!) most baffling..
I currently run two servers..call them 'server A' and 'Server B'
At the moment only 'server A' has LFS Lapper running, on InSim port 29998. This runs fine, no probs at all...
If I want to run LFS Lapper on 'server B' (Insim port=29999) at the same time, AND HAVE ALL THE PB's synchronised...what would I need to do? Run two instances of LFS Lapper with different names, or would one instance be able to cover both?
Also, I am afraid I dont fully understand how the synchronisation should be set up...can somebody please explain in easy English please (I'm thick!! )
Hello,

It's so easy to config sync option.

Each server have an instance of Lapper
Each server have his Lapper config file

In LApper config file, each server have an unique name ID.
Exemple:
For server A
SyncID=servA;
For Server B
SyncID=servB;

Then you set the same directory for the sync action, must be the same for server A and B
Exemple
For server A
SyncDir=synchro;
For Server B
SyncDir=synchro;

And last you specify for each Lapper, the SyncID of all Lapper to be Sync. If more than one server separate with |
Exemple
For server A
SyncIDsToSync=servB;
For Server B
SyncIDsToSync=servA;

You config file look like this after configuration

For server A
SyncID=servA;
SyncDir=synchro;
SyncIDsToSync=servB;
For server B
SyncID=servB;
SyncDir=synchro;
SyncIDsToSync=servA;
Any have an idea about creating a wiki for LFSLapper. I try wikipedia but my article was erased. It will be a good idea to do this for share our experience on LFSLapper.

Bye

Gai-Luron
OK...edited the two files, both started fine, and both are showing up on your Lapper List
Now to go testing

Thanks
Sometimes Lapper registers the following 'error'
Nothing is logged in the errorlog and everything seems to be working fine.
Just to inform you about this.
Attached images
Image2.png
Hello,

It's just a warning! Don't worry. Lapper do not catch this penaltie, that's all , because it's UNKNOWN_PENALTY ( Not Documented ), maybe because player was disconnected.

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :Hello,

It's just a warning! Don't worry. Lapper do not catch this penaltie, that's all , because it's UNKNOWN_PENALTY ( Not Documented ), maybe because player was disconnected.

Gai-Luron

Ah, okay, I'm relaxed now again
Can you say anything about my requests as stated a little bit higher?
I can understand you don't want to say when it's done (I won't ask that from you ), I only would like to know if it can be done and if you are willing to implement those requests. Thanks in advance and as said before, a big thank you for this great application.
Quote from Gai-Luron :
Any have an idea about creating a wiki for LFSLapper. I try wikipedia but my article was erased. It will be a good idea to do this for share our experience on LFSLapper.

Bye

Gai-Luron

I'm doing it (without contents)
Hello,

New Lapper version 5.43

1. Allow or Disallow join Race relative to Flags for current player,
Racer flags
Y = Yes
N = No
* = Yes or No

SwapSide = *;
AutoGears = *;
Shifter = *;
HelpBrake = *;
AxisClutch = *;
AutoClutch = *;
Mouse = *;
KbNoHelp = *;
KbStabilised = *;
CustomView = *;

New
OnNotMatchFlags action

new vars
{PlayerFlags} = The current Player flags
{RequiredFlags} = The current Required flags

@Yisc[NL] : I look for your request
@lysergic : Thank's, you can release adress to allow Lapper's user to write the wiki

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :Hello,

New Lapper version 5.43

1. Allow or Disallow join Race relative to Flags for current player,
Racer flags
Y = Yes
N = No
* = Yes or No

SwapSide = *;
AutoGears = *;
Shifter = *;
HelpBrake = *;
AxisClutch = *;
AutoClutch = *;
Mouse = *;
KbNoHelp = *;
KbStabilised = *;
CustomView = *;

New
OnNotMatchFlags action

new vars
{PlayerFlags} = The current Player flags
{RequiredFlags} = The current Required flags

@Yisc[NL] : I look for your request
@lysergic : Thank's, you can release adress to allow Lapper's user to write the wiki

Gai-Luron

Cool new things, G-L, but what can i do with this new functions ?

Thx..
I have one LFS-client and two nickname in game - my and brother (one lfs-account). LFSLapper is replace in stat ours nicknames. How this to correct?

You can to make registration users for local S2 server without masterserver and lfsworld? Exemple, admin creat regusers.txt file where write username and pass for each user. And when users connecting to server Lapper check pass and username, and those whome no in list regusers.txt is kick

SORRY my english
Hi,

I searched this thread but couldn't find an answer quickly and the readme file also doesn't help me.

First of all, I think this is a great piece of software.

Second, I tried out the Lapper today. Now this is my PB.txt:
Quote :
USERNAME 02
horsepower
^0°^1HoT ^3HorsePower
21:34
BF1
AS1
horsepower
^0°^1HoT ^3HorsePower
21:33
FBM
AS1
horsepower
^0°^1HoT ^3HorsePower
21:22
UF1
AS1

Different to the format explained in the README, there is the line "USERNAME 02". What's it supposed to be?

Then, there are 7 times. I guess, it's the 3 splits, then the 3 splits again (identical times) and the another time which I don't understand.

Initially, I would have expected to find only the three splits of my PB for each combo.

Thanks for any enlighting answers.

EDIT: Maybe I figured it out by myself. Correct me if I'm wrong:

The first 3 splits belong to the current PB.
The second 3 splits are the best splits.
The last time is the best time driven in the last sector.

Thus, the "Theoretical PB" is given by the sum of the last 4 times.

Right? But still I don't understand the "USERNAME 02" thing.
"USERNAME 02" is also in my PB-file so I guess it's some information for Lapper itself.
Hello,

USERNAME02 it's the version of the PB.txt file. If in the future i add some fields in PB.txt, i can know version of PB file and update to the new format automatically.

Good deduction for the format file, there is a post relative to the format in the topic to.

Gai-Luron
Thank you!

I would suggest to use a different "version indicator". It's kind of confusing to use "USERNAME", isn't?

But no big issue. You're doing great work.

EDIT: Has anyone a good example for PB.txt with lots of data? I want to play around with some PB data ...

EDIT2: What about an XML file format for PB's? Just a thought ...
Quote from HorsePower :Thank you!

I would suggest to use a different "version indicator". It's kind of confusing to use "USERNAME", isn't?

But no big issue. You're doing great work.

EDIT: Has anyone a good example for PB.txt with lots of data? I want to play around with some PB data ...

EDIT2: What about an XML file format for PB's? Just a thought ...

I HATE XML format there are much more tag than data

Gai-Luron
A question this time. If I run two instances of LFS and two instances of Lapper on the same server (I tried this today and it's possible) can Lapper handle both instances reading/writing to the same PB.txt?
Hello,

No, lapper crash on concurrent access file.

If you want synchronize two lapper PB, use sync feature.

Gai-Luron
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG