The online racing simulator
We need proper racing tracks..
(56 posts, started )
As to the wall vs sand trap...I prefer the walls.

I've been wrecked more by people getting a tire off on exit, hooking the car, overcorrecting and ending up 90 degress to me across the track...then I have being wreck by somone hitting a wall, most of the time people just stick it in the wall and slide along it...
-
(Mattesa) DELETED by Mattesa : double post
Quote from Boris Lozac :Honestly, i also don't enjoy the enviroment... it feels unreal to have a track in the place like that..

I feel that way about South City. Yes city tracks do exists, but it feels like such a compromise. A permanent track is a racing environment through and through, but a track in a city is temporary and just a ploy to market it. I dislike the bumps as well. It feels like there's only one exact precise way to go over a bump. Or else you craaaash.

FE I can tolerate because it's such a fantastic layout and it's a refreshing change of scenery.
Quote from Boris Lozac :That sentence doesn't make any sense
Deggis is right, if you want to win at FE, you have to ride those curbs, so you're forced to drive unrealistically to be competative there, and i simply don't enjoy doing so. As i said, FE would be an awesome track if could only have real curbs, and if the colors could be changed somehow.. Honestly, i also don't enjoy the enviroment and palm trees, it feels unreal to have a track in the place like that..
The layouts are great and all, but the curbs and the enviroment somehow doesn't get me in the racing mood...
Btw, my thread tittle sucks, it's like i'm asking for new tracks (which would be nice offcourse), what i meant is, that corners and curbs could be changed at some of the existing tracks..

Shortly after S1 was released this discussion was had about the FE environment. There's a track in Jamaica called Dover Raceway, which bears little or no resemblance to FE in terms of layout, but given its location, appearance, low level club racing nature of the circuit and the general environment, I think it's quite possible that it was the inspiration for FE on at least some level.

http://video.google.co.uk/vide ... type=search&plindex=2
Quote from sinbad :There's a track in Jamaica called Dover Raceway, which bears little or no resemblance to FE in terms of layout, but given its location, appearance, low level club racing nature of the circuit and the general environment, I think it's quite possible that it was the inspiration for FE on at least some level.

Jamaica, Racing track, those words just don't go together If FE had curbs like Westhill, or if all curbs were like those red ones, it would be a fantastic track and i could accept the palm trees and Bob Marley followers in the crowd.. Ah, please Eric..
"Fern Bay could be some old but clean f1 track from the 60s with some bumps and something I'd like to call a "soul". If you like it, it likes you. Just stay away from the kerbs and you'll be okay."

There is a problem, you need to master the skill of going full throttle over the curbs in order to win leageu races. The one who is best at it will win, the rest of the track doesn' t matter, just make sure you can floor it over the curbs. What' s worse, i got a league race soon on fe green, bah its all about the chicane, what a playstation like feeling.

I agree with the topic starter, lfs has very few realistic tracks. Only a few aston configs and kv-national have a feeling of being possibly a real life track.
Well, its not really that bad, some configs of south-city could be real life street-tracks too.

Maybe next year there will be a new good track dreaming of..
Quote from Bluebird B B :
There is a problem, you need to master the skill of going full throttle over the curbs in order to win leageu races. The one who is best at it will win, the rest of the track doesn' t matter, just make sure you can floor it over the curbs.

The organisator should just place some objects beside the curbs... or crow-feet... yeah, we definitely need crow-feet in LFS!

By the way: if two racers are equal at chasing over the curbs, the rest of the track DOES matter.

Quote :
Maybe next year there will be a new good track dreaming of..

NEXT year?? Hey, THIS year has just started. I wonder how difficult it is to build an LFS-track...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG