The online racing simulator
Off Road 4x4 Games
(79 posts, started )
#51 - JTbo
looking forward to trying this one out!!
From the camera angles, the terrain layout, the way the vehicles appeared to be driving, this looks exactly like a revamped with new features and more detailed vehicle modeling of Cabella's Offroad Adventure that I posted in the beginning of this thread. I have vid shot with some of those exact camera angles with Cabellas (the camera rotating around the vehicle, side mount camera, and vehicle driving over the camera showing the suspension.) I will definitely have to check this one out as Cabella's was pretty cool for 10 years ago or whatever that was.
Cabella's physics wasn't good at all. It was very strange driving.
Just download 1NSANE it's absolutely the best offroad game ever, it has alot of addons from race cars to crawlers or even a gingerbread man lol .
1NSANE is good, but there is not so much fun when trying some Off-Road Trials. Moslty you do Fast race's in 1NSANE.
I can't remember Insane becoming freeware, you you better remove the link. Warez are prohibited here.
Quote from The Very End :That looks damn awesome

Lets hope they keep to their Q1 2008 release date!!!
Just had a quick read thro the forum, I hope they can get a decent clutch added for extra realism. Also like the idea of it not being a race. Just go and drive the terrain.
But it still will be possible to go fast around and jump etc? Then I`m going to test it hehe.
Yes, you will be able to do it. And idea about clutch was mine I suggested it on Easyco forums.
Quote from PioneerLv :Yes, you will be able to do it. And idea about clutch was mine I suggested it on Easyco forums.

Although the ironic thing is you have more control off road if you use an AUTO...
Quote from mrfell :Although the ironic thing is you have more control off road if you use an AUTO...

Depends on what you want to do. You can climb a much steeper grade when using an 80's Toyota with a triple Marlin Crawler transfer case all with 4.70 (I think) gear reduction and a manual transmission. You literally put the thing in first gear and climb out. Let the truck climb the hill or rocks all by itself . (I think Mike whateverhisnameis who engineered the Marlin Crawler said he was running 1056:1 low range ratio, a long time ago)

Here we go, 1371:1 low range ratio. He's in this video in what they say is "13th gear" which is 155:1 ratio.....

http://www.lowrangetv.com/play.php?vid=147
Quote from mrodgers :Depends on what you want to do. You can climb a much steeper grade when using an 80's Toyota with a triple Marlin Crawler transfer case all with 4.70 (I think) gear reduction and a manual transmission. You literally put the thing in first gear and climb out. Let the truck climb the hill or rocks all by itself . (I think Mike whateverhisnameis who engineered the Marlin Crawler said he was running 1056:1 low range ratio, a long time ago)

Here we go, 1371:1 low range ratio. He's in this video in what they say is "13th gear" which is 155:1 ratio.....

http://www.lowrangetv.com/play.php?vid=147

HEHEEHEHEHE!!!
If they model that then i'll eat my hat.
Good stuff though!!
they should team up with our 3 devs, to make the ultimate off roading and racing sim or combine the 2 games imagine that.
:yummy: Damn, amazing.
Its a race and a free roam game, but because the developers haven't got much time and money the won't have multiplayer and you cant make addon cars and tracks for the game. I have read that somewhere
Quote from G!NhO :Its a race and a free roam game, but because the developers haven't got much time and money the won't have multiplayer and you cant make addon cars and tracks for the game. I have read that somewhere

If the physics are that good, then MP can wait.
Having said that, the ability to tow your mate out would be good
It was already suggested in MotorM4X forums. Winch. And free camera mode will be in too.
This MotorM4X Looks awsome.
Take a look in MotorM4X forums to understand what will be in game. Also you can suggest what you want.

www.forum.easyco-games.com
just guys one thing to remember is that ror is a huge wip thing, tbh i think it feels dedgy and ist realistic,yet, its time will come
#73 - wien
Quote from james12s :its time will come

I'm not so sure. Not in a good amount of years anyway. RoR's biggest asset, the rod based physics engine, is also it's biggest problem. To stiffen up the "rigs" enough that they become fairly realistic it would have to increase processor usage by probably an order of magnitude. (Stiffer rigs mean higher frequencies means more physics loops pr second) In a simulation that already crawls on a modern CPU if you push it a bit, I'm just not sure it's feasible to make it properly realistic in the near future.

That's not to take anything away from RoR though. It's an ingenious concept, and great fun to play with, but it's perhaps a little ahead of its time...
Bump !

Seems MOTORM4X has fallen to Q2

Just hope its out soon, it looks amazing !

Equinox
MOTORM4X looks truly amazing.

Off Road 4x4 Games
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG