The online racing simulator
Quote from sgt.flippy :When people crash now others sometimes start to shout at them for still being on the track... I don't even dare to imagine what would happen if also parts of the car would still be there on the track...
I personally would love it, I love avoiding the wrecks of a crash and making it through in one piece. If I crash too I don't really care. Racing accident.

Agreed. Nothing is more exciting than avoiding 4 spun-out cars in turn 2 with 20 other cars all around you trying to do the same thing. I don't at all understand the whole SHIFT+P!!!! rule as soon as you are about to crash so that other people don't get messed up. If it's a really STUPID error, then maybe, but if it's just a typical error (hitting the curb too hard, another car, taking a turn a bit too fast, etc...) I think it should be allowed to play out. All the people on these forums are so concerned with realism in racing, I don't understand why they insist that cars vanish at the first sign of trouble.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Agreed. Nothing is more exciting than avoiding 4 spun-out cars in turn 2 with 20 other cars all around you trying to do the same thing. I don't at all understand the whole SHIFT+P!!!! rule as soon as you are about to crash so that other people don't get messed up. If it's a really STUPID error, then maybe, but if it's just a typical error (hitting the curb too hard, another car, taking a turn a bit too fast, etc...) I think it should be allowed to play out. All the people on these forums are so concerned with realism in racing, I don't understand why they insist that cars vanish at the first sign of trouble.

I agree it also. After all, crashes makes racing more lively (And thus, more realistic). What if there is automatic pitting when crashing -feature in the future? I would dislike it, indeed. Only use for shift + P is if your car flips over in the middle of the road, and you can't drive it to safety. Imho it makes atmosphere when fellow racers park their wrecks to the grass and leave 'em there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG