The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y13 - East Asian Support
(119 posts, closed, started )
Keep up the good work Scawen! I havent tried it yet, but i will thats for sure!
No bug's found yet. Thanks Scawen!

Altough I really can't see difference with AF and these mip-thingy's.
Anisotropic filtering Bug!
Texture filtering / AF: 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x and then window mod - full screen / full screen - window mod with Shift+F4.

Mip bias (0.0 is same as -1.5) interface / text.
Always is -1.5...

EDIT1: Hmm, all Mip sliders have this problem...

EDIT2: "Reset" with Texture filtering / AF: none or 1x.
Good news
I will test, thanks
There appears to be two Chech translations. One with a flag and one down below with a question mark flag...
thanks so much.....

so wonderful.......
Quote from Shotglass :the aniso doesnt work on my 78gt either
in fact switching from "none" to anything other than trilinear (1x) keep the filtering set to bilinear

OK - so it doesn't work on AndroidXP, Test Driver or Shotglass's computers. Does the Anisotropic filtering work on any NVidia cards at all?

Any by the way how many options are there on NVidia? Does it give you the full range - up to 16x?

Quote from nesrulz :Texture filtering / AF: 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x and then window mod - full screen / full screen - window mod with Shift+F4.

Mip bias (0.0 is same as -1.5) interface / text.
Always is -1.5...

EDIT1: Hmm, all Mip sliders have this problem...

EDIT2: "Reset" with Texture filtering / AF: none or 1x.

Thanks for this description. I have an idea how this bug may be happening...

Quote from PLAYLIFE :There appears to be two Chech translations. One with a flag and one down below with a question mark flag...

You should delete the extra one in your data\language folder. I guess the extra one is called Cestina.txt. The correct one is named Czech.txt.
It seems AF isn't working on any nvidia cards. In game AF setting isn't working here:

Card: Nvidia 6600GT
Drivers: 174.20

I get the same bug as nesrulz too. With the in-game AF setting on anywhere between 2x and 16x, and with all the mip biases set to 0: press Shift+F4 and then all mip bias settings become negative. Select AF of 0x or 1x and it fixes itself.
Quote from Scawen :Any by the way how many options are there on NVidia? Does it give you the full range - up to 16x?

Yes, the full range from 2x - 16x. Forcing it by the driver works, I can see definite changes on the mip-test-texture.
Quote from Flame CZE :But when i minimize LFS (alt+tab) and then maximize it, mipmapping seems to be not applied correctly.

Isn't alt+tab one of the most evil things you can do to fullscreen applications? I heard Windows doesn't work correctly with it.
Quote from herki :Isn't alt+tab one of the most evil things you can do to fullscreen applications? I heard Windows doesn't work correctly with it.

Same thing happens with Shift+F4
#37 - dev
nVidia 7600GT here, driver version 169.25, running Windows Vista 32-bit... AF works perfectly... All options from "None" to "16x" are available, and I can see noticeable improvements between them...

EDIT: I don't even get that error when using shift + F4
Quote from Test Driver :I got the same problem, changing the new AF settings appears to have no effect at all. I'm using a Nvidia GPU with the latest driver (169.21).

Quote from dev :nVidia 7600GT here, driver version 169.25, running Windows Vista 32-bit... AF works perfectly... All options from "None" to "16x" are available, and I can see noticeable improvements between them...

EDIT: I don't even get that error when using shift + F4

Interesting, your driver versions are so close but Test Driver's doesn't work and dev's does work.

Not seeing a pattern yet... keep the results coming!

NVidia users please answer these questions :

- Does AF work in LFS? (meaning, texture filtering 2x, 4x, 8x is different (better) than none or 1x)
- What graphics card?
- What driver version?
#39 - dev
2 LFSn00b: All settings in my driver are set to "Application controlled"...

2 Scawen: I'm uploading screenshots as I'm typing this, so you can see the difference. I'll also try upgrading my drivers to a newer version to see if it makes any changes...
EDIT: Downloading BETA version 169.44...

EDIT2: Here they are, shift + F4 makes absolutely no difference...
None, 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
Sorry for large images, but I didn't want to lose any detail...
GeForce 6600GT
Driver version 169.21

Alt-tab messes up the mip filtering, everything becomes very grainy / sparkly. The same thing happens when changing resolution. ??Shift-F4 doesn't do it unless I deactivate the window. ??
I can get it to look like I originally set it by selecting None, 1X or 2X. 4X, 8X or 16X do nothing.

Could this have something to do with lfs losing focus?

Maybe besides the point, but I noticed with earlier versions of LFS that antialiasing did not work unless i switched resolutions back and forth.

edit: attached screenshots: when i alt-tabbed with the settings in the first shot, nothing changed. the last two shots show a "before and after" shots. (yes i made everything as blurry as possible to emphasize the change)
Attached images
afnone.JPG
af2x1.JPG
af2x2.JPG
Quote from Scawen :NVidia users please answer these questions :

- Does AF work in LFS? (meaning, texture filtering 2x, 4x, 8x is different (better) than none or 1x)
- What graphics card?
- What driver version?

Yes.

AA and AF settings in my driver are set to "Application-controlled"...

Quote from dev :2 LFSn00b: All settings in my driver are set to "Application controlled"...

2 Scawen: I'm uploading screenshots as I'm typing this, so you can see the difference. I'll also try upgrading my drivers to a newer version to see if it makes any changes...
EDIT: Downloading BETA version 169.44...

EDIT2: Here they are, shift + F4 makes absolutely no difference...
None, 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
Sorry for large images, but I didn't want to lose any detail...

Dev - I'm looking at that, and to be honest, it doesn't even look like it changes from having no AF. For example, an image from my LFS (ATi card) with AF: http://dustindaw.es/wygiuxx.png
without: http://dustindaw.es/rawr.png

NOTE: Image done with MipBias' of -1.0/-1.0/0.0/0.0 for comparison sake.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :There appears to be two Chech translations. One with a flag and one down below with a question mark flag...

i think you must delete all language files and re-download them form new patch
#44 - dev
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Dev - I'm looking at that, and to be honest, it doesn't even look like it changes from having no AF. For example, an image from my LFS (ATi card) with AF: http://dustindaw.es/wygiuxx.png
without: http://dustindaw.es/rawr.png

NOTE: Image done with MipBias' of -1.0/-1.0/0.0/0.0 for comparison sake.

My screenshots are made with default mp bias... Just look at the white line on the side of the road, you can see the difference

EDIT: Using 169.44 beta now... still no problems...
Ok, because I'm looking, and I can see so light changes, compared to the drastic change made by AF on mine. Also, reading the MIP bias info-texts might explain a bit better.
My grapgic card is nvidia GeForce 7300 GS and driver is DirectX 9.0 (I dont know if it's what you want)

AF works in LFS but as I said after shift+f4 or alt+tab i must set it to none and then to my option (8x or 16x).

edit: screenshot of graphics card info
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3541/nvidiacp8.jpg
NVidia users please answer these questions :

- What graphics card?
- What driver version?

-AF works fine for me. I see definite changes between the different settings.
-NVidia Geforce 8800 GTS (640MB Memory)
-169.44 BETA Forceware

Edit: shift-F4 doesn't hurt anything.
Here a little illustration on what forced AF level does for me, note how AF in LFS is always at 16x. When I turn AF level to "Application Controlled" the LFS setting changes nothing, though it does apply some sort of filtering.

Click
Here are my AF-Tests!

Every Screenshot was made with 0.0 MipBias and 100% Details but no AntiAliasing! No AF/AA-Settings are forced by the driver!

- Does AF work in LFS?
Hell yeah! :evil: Look at the screeeens!!

- What graphics card?
Zotac nVidia 8800GTX 768mb

- What driver version?
nVidia Forceware 169.28 (Vista SP1, 64bit, BETA)

- Does AF still work after Shift+F4/Alt+Tab?
Yes!
Attached images
LFS_screama.GER_AF00x.jpg
LFS_screama.GER_AF01x.jpg
LFS_screama.GER_AF02x.jpg
LFS_screama.GER_AF04x.jpg
LFS_screama.GER_AF08x.jpg
LFS_screama.GER_AF16x.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y13 - East Asian Support
(119 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG