The online racing simulator
F1 returns to the BBC
(92 posts, started )
#76 - SamH
Clarkson's not really very good off the cuff, though. Best with a rehearsed script.
although you can imagine the stuff he would come out with would deffinately entertain us.. but doubt it would give us much information on how the race was going all those windshields would have to go too!
Quote from SamH :Clarkson's not really very good off the cuff, though. Best with a rehearsed script.

Totally agree, expect a lot of foul language of Clarkson gets the job.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Murray is a ruddy legend!

So is Mohammed Ali - should we put him back in the ring?
Quote from Xaid0n :Hmm, just heard on BBC News, showing a newspaper of Richard Hammond saying he could be the 'new' face of F1, could that mean Brundle is out?

Hammond would be the presenter, he is not an F1 fan or a motorsport nerd so he wouldn't work as a commentator. I don't think he has the ability to talk utter bollocks for the duration of a race, or over hype every single incident either. I would like to see the guy from the BBC's MotoGP coverage moved to F1, not the semi boring guy but the hilarious one...although as mentioned before I think he is banned from certain countries.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Hammond would be the presenter, he is not an F1 fan or a motorsport nerd so he wouldn't work as a commentator. I don't think he has the ability to talk utter bollocks for the duration of a race, or over hype every single incident either. I would like to see the guy from the BBC's MotoGP coverage moved to F1, not the semi boring guy but the hilarious one...although as mentioned before I think he is banned from certain countries.

Charlie Cox is banned from Macau IIRC for blowing stuff up. GET HIM IN THE BOOTH
O_o

My bad
Quote from Hyperactive :
The best part of the speedTV is that they have some fun while doing it too, like the "Honda pants"-comments last time. At times you could even hear the other commentator laughing his ass off and it was just great . The commentaru does not need to be fully serious, some good humour can make it lot better (good humour drom american channel :tilt.

I think that's why I prefer SPEED's coverage - they have more of a laid-back style and seem like they have the most fun. I don't need a constant-stream of technical information in my ears because I'm more than a casual observer and have an interest in the sport that extends beyond what's shown on television, as do the rest of you, I would think .
Just wait for James May to interview Alonso telling him to act like a man, stop crying and start racing. Clarkson would of course suck up to Ferrari big time. Maybe they can get them to do a pitstop!

As long as the main coverage stays professional I think a little bit of paddock antics could spice up the coverage.
Before you guys get carried away with all this Hamster talk, i suggest you go take a look at the Final Gear Forums. They've been discussing this for a while, and have realised that it's only talk, nothing else.

Although there probably will be some tie-in with TG (even Bernie's said he'd like that) Most believe Hamster ain't up for the job. Anyone who saw his pitiful daytime show, and his recent hosting of Comic Relief will know he's out of his depth with this sort of stuff.
I swear that if you guys manage to see F1 without adverts, with the top gear team presenting and in HD i move to england
I have a room to rent
Room for two? If there won't be hundreds of web and p2p streams I'll come knocking on your door.
Quote from ATic ATac :I swear that if you guys manage to see F1 without adverts, with the top gear team presenting and in HD i move to england

EDIT: never nind

F1 returns to the BBC
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG