The online racing simulator
GFX Update!
(6 posts, started )
GFX Update!
Hello all.

I want to upgrade my old GFX, Geforce FX5200...

My system:
  • P4 3.0
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 5400 RPM HDD
  • FX 5200 AGP
I am planning to upgrade to ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256 MB... Its for LFS only.

What do you people think?

Thanks in advance,

ARS_PT
You'll also need to change your motherboard if your going for a PCI-E card because curent card is AGP.Changing motherboard can also mean to change your processor & ram unless you find a motherboard with the socket of your processor but im pretty sure you'll need to switch for DDR2.If your going to play LFS only,you can aim to a lower-end graphic card like a 7600GT AGP wich would save you a lot of money since you could just swap your current card with the 7600GT because it's AGP.the GeForce 7600GT was the last card that nVidia suported with AGP - all card after 7600GT are PCI-E only.Where do you live?
#3 - Jakg
Quote from CobraDrifter :the GeForce 7600GT was the last card that nVidia suported with AGP - all card after 7600GT are PCI-E only.Where do you live?

Might of been the last native AGP card but nVidia Partners have added PCI-e>AGP bridges on cards like the 8600GT and 7950GT to make AGP versions.
I would recommend just starting over with a new MB, C2D, RAM, HD, etc. I don't think it's worth it in the long run to keep that computer going as any upgrades will be brought down by the rest of the components . Maybe you could sell it or give it to a relative?
2400 Radeon isn't bad
my opinion is that they are budget cards
try the 2600 radeon pro although its GDDR2

GFX Update!
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG