The online racing simulator
buying an xbox 360
(37 posts, started )
buying an xbox 360
hi, since the xbox 360 arcade is at 200€
i'm gonna buy it,
my question:
it has no hdd, i know its optional for the arcade, but will any hdd do or does it need a special xbox 1?
Any hard drive will do.
That sounds like lies to me.
Everything I've read about the 360 hard disk says that it will not support any 3rd party hard disks, and although you can technically mod it to use a regular hard disk, that does invalidate your warranty.

Proof or flame, Cobra
Yep, totally agree with Dajmin there.

Cobra, please elaborate...

By the way... i highly suggest to get a HDD anyway (xbox or any kind of HDD (if CobraDrifter is right, which i doubt)). There's too much things you'll need a HDD for when using your xbox. It'll be a pain in the arse without one.
well, i bought the xbox 360 bundle
it comes with a 20gb hdd, forza motorsports 2 and viva piniata =D
now i'm googling to make a wireless adapter work on it since the xbox360 1 costs 80€
i bought the xbox360 for 270€, it was on discount and came from 350€
If you have a laptop, you can use that as a wireless adapter

Mine is basically a router at this stage
Quote from kiss me :well, i bought the xbox 360 bundle
it comes with a 20gb hdd, forza motorsports 2 and viva piniata =D
now i'm googling to make a wireless adapter work on it since the xbox360 1 costs 80€
i bought the xbox360 for 270€, it was on discount and came from 350€

You won't regret getting Forza 2, it's a good one.
And you'll need to share your Gamertag with us as well so we can stalk you
I have both the 360 and PS3. If I had to keep only one it would be the PS3 because you get a free Blu-ray player worth another $400.

Forza 2 sounds great but I can't enjoy a game without a cockpit view. And the 360 doesn't work with the G25 or the DFP. What's the point of great driving game if you have to use some crappy wheel?

And I suspect that the final version of GT5 will be the best overall driving game on any platform (of course LFS will have better physics).
well, i found an powerline network adapter, doesnt work with ma pc but does with my xbox,
my gamertag is
dinsterzz

forza is great but indeed no cockpit view
Hmm...I recently won a 360 (Here ), but I already have a PS3. I don't particularly need/want both a 360 and a PS3...So what would you guys recommend? I was thinking of selling it (it's in the box) and buying a Wii, or just using the cash on PC upgrades...What's the best thing to do, I'm so confused
#11 - th84
Quote from somasleep :I have both the 360 and PS3. If I had to keep only one it would be the PS3 because you get a free Blu-ray player worth another $400.

Not to mention the fact that you dont have to pay to play online.

Save yourself the trouble and buy a PS3. :P
#12 - Jakg
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hmm...I recently won a 360 (Here ), but I already have a PS3. I don't particularly need/want both a 360 and a PS3...So what would you guys recommend? I was thinking of selling it (it's in the box) and buying a Wii, or just using the cash on PC upgrades...What's the best thing to do, I'm so confused

Biggest Question - What do you WANT? Do you like the look of any 360 games out or upcoming? Do you like the look of any PS3 out or upcoming games? Do you want the cash for both and want to spend it on something else (ie a car!)?
I don't want to sound spoiled or anything (believe me, I'm not :razz but I don't know what I want! 360 doesn't really have anything that particularly interests me (apart from Forza, Halo and a couple more), but is that all it's good for? PS3 has way more good games, and the online play is FREE

Of course I've things to save for (car, bike, holiday, pc stuff, to name a few), but is the 360 worth it?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I don't want to sound spoiled or anything (believe me, I'm not :razz but I don't know what I want! 360 doesn't really have anything that particularly interests me (apart from Forza, Halo and a couple more), but is that all it's good for? PS3 has way more good games, and the online play is FREE

Of course I've things to save for (car, bike, holiday, pc stuff, to name a few), but is the 360 worth it?

sell the ps3 and use the money to buy 360 games and when gta iv comes out we get extra levels on 360. and dlc.
Selling the PS3 isn't an option...it's like my second child (my bike being my first) I don't see how the 360 is better anyway, you have to pay for online use, and it now has no HD-DVDs...whereas I have a free Blu-Ray player and free online play

But I could (and very likely will) sell the 360...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Selling the PS3 isn't an option...it's like my second child (my bike being my first) I don't see how the 360 is better anyway, you have to pay for online use, and it now has no HD-DVDs...whereas I have a free Blu-Ray player and free online play

But I could (and very likely will) sell the 360...

what games do you have for the 360?
I haven't collected it yet, I'm going for it in 2 weeks...I'm not sure what games it comes with, if any...If they're any good I might "carefully" unpackage it, play it for a bit, then box it up again
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I haven't collected it yet, I'm going for it in 2 weeks...I'm not sure what games it comes with, if any...If they're any good I might "carefully" unpackage it, play it for a bit, then box it up again

tell us what u have then send them my way lol.
It's no wonder that xbox live online costs, they offer MUCH better online service than PS3. And it doesent cost much at all actually, i just bought myself 3 months of LIVE and 2100 points from gamepointsnow.com using google checkout. Good prices etc. Also there are achievements too, gamerscore and so on.

And I think xbox 360 has much better games also (well to my preferance).
Quote from Dajmin :That sounds like lies to me.
Everything I've read about the 360 hard disk says that it will not support any 3rd party hard disks, and although you can technically mod it to use a regular hard disk, that does invalidate your warranty.

Proof or flame, Cobra

I thought he was talking about the xbox HDD only......sorry :S
#21 - JJ72
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I haven't collected it yet, I'm going for it in 2 weeks...I'm not sure what games it comes with, if any...If they're any good I might "carefully" unpackage it, play it for a bit, then box it up again

get Rockband
Yes, the friends system and that is better on the 360, but IMO it's not worth €60 a year...I could get another PS3 game for that

For the major games, they are on both consoles. Yes, both will have exclusive titles, but a PC port will come out a year later, so it just means an extra wait

But at the end of the day, I now think there's no need to have a PS3 and a 360...besides, the socket in my room already has extension leads coming out of other extension leads
ok since today, i was going to play and the game freezed, restarted, it freezed again, it freezes in less then a minute, olso with pgr 4 and tdu, and fm2
this is very annoying since its a brand new 1

what could i do?
if u guys had this, what did u do?
Unplug all cables including the power cable and give it a rest for half an hour. Then see if it's still happening.
well, i took out the hdd, and it goes ok now, maybe because of the updates i need to make a new account

buying an xbox 360
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG