The online racing simulator
Fake Grass Runoff should have much less grip than tarmac
The fake grass runoff area's should have noticeably less grip than the rest of the track. They are made of concrete and have less surface area than the curbs or track so therefore should give alot less grip, more than grass or gravel obviously but at the same time alot less than tarmac

Just watching the v8's and they get quite loose if they go out on the fake grass areas. Also in real life these areas would be much more prone to loose dirt build up etc.
Probably less grip because they are painted

Agreed about the suggestion though. Maybe the fake grass could even be *gulp* more bumpier at times?
Quote from Hyperactive :Probably less grip because they are painted

Agreed about the suggestion though. Maybe the fake grass could even be *gulp* more bumpier at times?

Yes they should be bumpier just as the grass areas should be really bumpy

If you look at the construction of the fake grass run off areas you can see that the surface area that would be in contact with tyres is much less than the tarmac or curbs. Its most likely that the concrete is coloured with a pigment (not painted) but that the less surface area will mean less grip

I have another unrelated suggestion (don't want to start multiple new threads ) that has been on my mind since brake bias and ARB adjustments have been implemented.

It would be very useful to be able to have each live adjustment assigned to a controller axis to enable cockpit builders to implement these controls in their hardware setups
Quote from Glenn67 :The fake grass runoff area's should have noticeably less grip than the rest of the track. They are made of concrete and have less surface area than the curbs or track so therefore should give alot less grip, more than grass or gravel obviously but at the same time alot less than tarmac

Just watching the v8's and they get quite loose if they go out on the fake grass areas. Also in real life these areas would be much more prone to loose dirt build up etc.

I agree that we REALLY need some sort of improvement with grass and such. The grass should be bumpier, and I think it would be interesting if the cars would leave tire tracks on the grass as well, as they do in real life. And I guess this goes back to the collision system, but we really need cars to dig into the grass and flip if they would in real life (aka, when they hit the ground at extreme angles.)

And of course a bit of flying dirt would look cool - along with the elimination of that stupid green smoke.
Quote from Glenn67 :
It would be very useful to be able to have each live adjustment assigned to a controller axis to enable cockpit builders to implement these controls in their hardware setups

hace you heard about Logitechs upcoming wheel (Driving Force GT)? It has two adjustent nobs on it to "configure brake bias and/or ForceFeedback on the fly" Heard about it on the Cebit last week
#6 - wark
Quote from wark :http://www.need4speed.ws/video-377.html

After seeing that video, I honestly would put that at almost the very top of things I want changed in LFS. It would add incredible realism when the car in front of you jumped in the air as a result. It will be lots of fun when grass is actually bumpy grass and not smooth ice.
It'd have to be applied to the RallyX tracks as well. I'd love if they were more bumpy.
Maybe we'll get these updates as part of the fabled Rally Pack
Quote from Stang70Fastback :...

It would add incredible realism when the car in front of you jumped in the air as a result.

We already have that
The topic of this thread is not at all important, we all know that we need support for the Nauruan language before we get any of these trivial 'physics' updates that only get used by drifters and people who really don't use LFS as it should be used (i.e. as a language translator)... idiots.

[/sarcasm]
Quote from JamesF1 :The topic of this thread is not at all important, we all know that we need support for the Nauruan language before we get any of these trivial 'physics' updates that only get used by drifters and people who really don't use LFS as it should be used (i.e. as a language translator)... idiots.

[/sarcasm]

Who are you to limit the freedom of drifting from the hard working people of Nauru? The Nauruans have equal right to code insim and translate their language as they please, just like the amexicans or the french. Or at least the amexicans!

Some people!
Quote from Hyperactive :Who are you to limit the freedom of drifting from the hard working people of Nauru? The Nauruans have equal right to code insim and translate their language as they please, just like the amexicans or the french. Or at least the amexicans!

Some people!

If you'll pay careful attention, I was endorsing the need for the indigenous people of Nauru to enjoy LFS in their own language. Who cares about whether the product is actually any good when not everyone can enjoy the current mediocrity in their own language!?
Quote from JamesF1 :If you'll pay careful attention, I was endorsing the need for the indigenous people of Nauru to enjoy LFS in their own language. Who cares about whether the product is actually any good when not everyone can enjoy the current mediocrity in their own language!?

People of Nauru will not accept the apology!
OH NOES!!! Run for the hills!
Bah, running makes the meat too spongy, not taste good
Hell yes! for bumpy grass.

Don't know about the Nauruvians language pack. Are there many LfSers on Nauru?
#17 - Nikn
lol funny

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG