The online racing simulator
Mobile phones for £100 help please.
(24 posts, started )
Afternoon all the time has come for me to get a new phone i have been without one for just over a month as the old on gave up on me .

Would just like a phone to put my vodafone sim into that has a decentish camera plays radio and mp3 and aint to bulky. Been looking at w800i and w880i but would like to see if anyone here can come up with any ideas. Not really a fan of slide phones but will have a look if good .

Many thanks to anyone who can help
Quote from Billeh :Been looking at w800i and w880i

Why were you looking at those if they are way over 100 pounds?

anyway, save up and get a Sony Ericsson K800i
hey iv just got a sony ericsson k550i and its is AWESOME so much fun and really easyand only £50 on o2
Quote from squidhead :Why were you looking at those if they are way over 100 pounds?

anyway, save up and get a Sony Ericsson K800i

Nah wrong m8 i found both around the £80 to £100 mark
#5 - Jakg
LOL

I just bought a W810i for £39.99 refurb from O2, in fact I bought 2, to sell on.

I bought my new W810i for £30, and bought another and sold it on eBay new for £70.

A W810i isn't a £100 phone.
Sorry never said w810i My bro got one he said he give me but cant be ****ed unlocking it Think i will go with the Sony Ericsson w880i with 1 gig card for £80 in black aswell but i have seen some of them cybershot 3.2mp for £80-£100.

Thanks anyway for help guys cheers
hey mate, i'll sell you my K810i for £150...over a month old, perfect condition, its like an upgraded version of the K800i...3.2 mp camera, plays MP3s, nice thin, good battery life. Quite simple.
#8 - Jakg
Quote from harjun :hey mate, i'll sell you my K810i for £150...over a month old, perfect condition, its like an upgraded version of the K800i...3.2 mp camera, plays MP3s, nice thin, good battery life. Quite simple.

The K800 is £65, his budget is £100 MAX. Stop trying to shift your old stuff!
the N95 is awesome! That is the phone to get I think right now. I have the K800i and it's really great.......

I have a flip ohone I don't use. A samsung thing.... if interested. Never used it
Quote from Jakg :The K800 is £65, his budget is £100 MAX. Stop trying to shift your old stuff!

not old, 1 month new!
Its because i wanna buy a new engine for my RC Car
Before you get the w880i!

I just bought myself an O2 Cocoon:

http://cocoon.o2.co.uk/cocoon.php#LED

2MP camera, 2GB memory, 320x240 video etc.

It's just fine for everything I use a phone for as I'm not one for fancy touchscreens/iTunes/internet whatever. If I hadn't bought the Cocoon, I would have got the K800i though.

And the Cocoon has a cool external scrolling LED display

NB: Even though the Cocoon carries O2 branding, it's a totally different animal to the crappy rebranded-OEM O2 phones of the past. This one was actually designed from scratch for O2.
Quote from StableX :the N95 is awesome! That is the phone to get I think right now. I have the K800i and it's really great.......

I have a flip ohone I don't use. A samsung thing.... if interested. Never used it

I have a N95, great phone. The battery life is a little poor, well actually its very very crap. But if you get the firmware updated, it is a great phone. Shame they are going for £800+ on the bay!
Thanks for all your help guys i have decided to go with the w880i managed to get one with 1 gig card with everything for £80 thanks again.
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THOSE PRICES?
Quote from squidhead :WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THOSE PRICES?

i bought my phone from ebay

Why do you ask can you get them cheaper?
Quote from The General Lee :I have a N95, great phone. The battery life is a little poor, well actually its very very crap. But if you get the firmware updated, it is a great phone. Shame they are going for £800+ on the bay!

WTH? 800£ USED?!? They're 550£ for the new N95 8GB and 360£ for the old N95 in Finland, brand new from the shop I might add. For once something is cheaper here

ed: guess that was a typö, http://phones.search.ebay.co.u ... _W0QQfromZR34QQsacatZ3312 say they go for ~250£

I have a N82, feature wise it's basically the same as N95 8GB but much better looking and with a µsd-slot and it has a Xenon flash.
How about people first tell what they need from their phone and then tell their price range?
Quote from Jakg :The K800 is £65, his budget is £100 MAX. Stop trying to shift your old stuff!

Which he has a lot of, with his daddy buying him everything under the sun and moon that he wants.
Quote from Billeh :i bought my phone from ebay

Why do you ask can you get them cheaper?

the opposite, I got my K800i for 150 pounds (that's off the warehouse, it was 240 pounds at the shop at that time)
#20 - Jakg
Ouch - Don't you work in a Phone Shop?

Never again will I spend £lots on a phone, though - I bought my current phone for £30, and that does everything I think most people would ever use.
#22 - MR_B
I would +1 to the K800i, one hell of a popular phone and it doesn't supprise me. Does what I want a mobile to do, and has a battery life to match. (If you use your batteries properly of course)
Had a k750i>k800>now K810i+htc s620. Oh and btw k810 series has the same guts as the 800 but looks a bit more sexier that's all.
Quote from anik360 :k810 series has the same guts as the 800 but looks a bit more sexier that's all.

also has worse build quality and lacks radio for some reason

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG