The online racing simulator
1/1 Scale Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4-22A Steering Wheel Replica
I'd expect it to do more than just sit there looking ugly for that price!

Either way if it's carbon fibre or not, that's a lot of money to waste.
For that price it better be made of CF. But I doubt it's got any electronics in it, which is why it is relatively cheap. And I'd doubt it is as robust or as light as the real one (i.e. less optimised, just made to look right).

Someone will probably post a pic of Kubica's broken wheel now to somehow prove that F1 wheels aren't robust.
is it just me? or can that be hooked up with a steering wheel (ex. G25)...or is just a really expensive model for show?
#5 - Lible
Really expensive model to show.
The 1:4 scale Ferrari engine models are somewhat impressive, but for the price they want, they can go away.
Things like that tend to be high quality, my dad picked up stuff like that cheap from where he worked. QVC (the crappy shopping channel) used to sell quite a few models, and they had a staff shop for ex-demonstration products. I have a big clock, the frame is an actual tyre sidewall from a mid 90's F1 car. I also have a brake pad from the championship winning Williams F1 car from the 90s. Add a few expensive car models, signed statues of drivers and signed artwork, and it all adds up to quite a good collection of stuff.
The prices on that website are worrying, there is a 1/8th model for just shy of £3,000, which I have seen elsewhere (though most probably sans carbon fibre base) for £50.

[edit: Scrub that, the £50 was 1:18th, not 1:8th.]
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The prices on that website are worrying, there is a 1/8th model for just shy of £3,000, which I have seen elsewhere (though most probably sans carbon fibre base) for £50.

[edit: Scrub that, the £50 was 1:18th, not 1:8th.]

I guess their explaination would be that all their models are high-quality and (near?) exact replicas in terms of parts

I sure would love to own some of the stuff on that site though, if I didn't have to pay for them, that is ;p
I bet Kovalainen has a special edition of that with working buttons in his bedside table, so can practice with it so the screwup in Melbourne doesn't recur.
Quote from Jertje :I couldn't find this on the forums, so I'll just make a new thread on what to get me for my birthday ():

http://www.amalgamcollection.c ... ist_type=&list_value=

For that price, do you reckon it's actually carbon fibre?

Could it be converted into replacing a PC steering wheel? . Would be seriously cool to have something like for a wheel . Personally, I would prefer the Ferrari but having a Mclaren one is better than nothing
There are more interesting things to buy with £1250.00
Can't wait to see that kind of things in riced up Civics
Quote from Jertje :I guess their explaination would be that all their models are high-quality and (near?) exact replicas in terms of parts

I sure would love to own some of the stuff on that site though, if I didn't have to pay for them, that is ;p

Well the model I was looking at was pretty damn high quality (even had a little Hamilton with it), at to be honest, I'd be happy with a £50 model as all it'd do is collect dust so why spend that much for something to sit on your shelf? Its madness!
you could buy a car for that price .
1250 to much
Quote from deggis :I bet Kovalainen has a special edition of that with working buttons in his bedside table, so can practice with it so the screwup in Melbourne doesn't recur.

And the neutral and drink buttons have probably changed place in Elwis' version
Quote from hyntty :And the neutral and drink buttons have probably changed place in Elwis' version

I excluded that because it's not sure whether it was a mistake by Halimton. The Canadian reporter who originally claimed Lewis giving him an interview and saying he pressed wrong button, 1-2 weeks after the race said that he had just made it up but he had heard some engineers talking about it in the pits. Also in the onboard video the car dies before he hits a button. Altough what Kovalainen did in Melbourne raised suspicions again...
Personally I don't think either Mahilton or Heikki should be blaimed for the mistakes done by Mc's steering wheel ergonomics department.
Quote from dan12s :you could buy a car for that price .
1250 to much

yh but you could say the same to people who pay more than that on a set of golf clubs, its not expencive it just has a high cost, expencive suggests its priced to high for what it is and is not good value but for what it is and the worrk going in to it, and the cost of the license it isnt a bad price. so its not expencive its high cost.

if you have the money and want one why not thats what i say

edit: why did i just type that as if dan said it was expencive, lol, ive had bad day and am tired thats why
Quote from Matt0snap :is it just me? or can that be hooked up with a steering wheel (ex. G25)...or is just a really expensive model for show?

For that price the steering boss attachment system should work. You should be able to mate it with a custom made quick release G25 attachment, but at that price why you'd be attaching it to such a cheap and tacky wheel is beyond me
Quote from ajp71 :For that price the steering boss attachment system should work. You should be able to mate it with a custom made quick release G25 attachment, but at that price why you'd be attaching it to such a cheap and tacky wheel is beyond me

Yeah, you could slap it in a Vauxhall Nova instead, to go with the go faster stripes and fart cannon.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG