The online racing simulator
Cars are somehow weak and other stuff...
Hello to all.
I dont know how much of you but I'm sure many have noticed that cars are too weak.For example - my dad's car is a Nissan Primera P11-144 with an QG18DE engine - 116hp but when i smack the gas pedal it starts wheelspining on 1st gear.

BUT the XRG doesn't wheelspin even when I use the clutch it does it for a small amount of time(my friend's clio does a better wheelspin).

And the other thing:
the rpm meter shows for example 4k - but the car sounds like it's in 2,4k.I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks that way,but I'm sure I'm right.

And why don't you put an option to remove rev limiter and damage the engine ? That would be great fun(I can't do it on my car of course).

PLEASE don't attack me.
XRG is RWD, Primera is FWD, big difference.
:iagree:
Quote from danowat :XRG is RWD, Primera is FWD, big difference.

That´s true. Even the UF1000 with 55cv spins
Anyway, you can do that with the XRG while steering and you can do some nice donuts.
Quote from danowat :XRG is RWD, Primera is FWD, big difference.

Ok,yet another example - BMW E36 M40B18 (1.8 115hp).Wheelspins very good.New tires - GoodYear Eagle F1 DS-G3 !!!
And XRG accelerates slower than my Fiesta (Fiesta Si 1.6-16v)
Is the gearing relevant? Does your dad's Primera get up around 40mph in first before it hits the limiter?
It hits ~ 120kmh on 2nd on about 6500rpm(not the limiter,which is 7200).
Maybe the problem is me,because in real life you feel the acc.
Gearing. Tyre sizes and compounds. Weight distribution. Exact driver inputs. All of these will vary between your car and the ones in LFS, and therefore one cannot say it's unrealistic because YOUR car does something. You have to look at trends, and most comparable cars behave in a remarkable similar fashion for a given type of input.
Ok,the weight is nearly the same(1250kg to 1150kg).I don't think weight distribution causes the car to be slow.Power to weight ratio is bigger than the Nissan's and his tires are surely bigger - 205/65 R15(Nissan) 1**/** R14 or R15(XRG).The Nissan's gear ratio is lower.So it has to be more powered than the Nissan.
You said wheelspin, not the car being slow, in which case vehicle mass and mass distribution WILL have an effect - 100kg is a lot!!!! Any racing driver would kill a building full of puppies for 100kg weight loss. Power to weight is meaningless. Gear ratios do not change power, only torque, but also change speed per rev, and hence liklihood of wheelspin... Have you tried the Nissan with softer tyres (like the XRG would have, being a trackday/race car, you could assume).

I maintain it is not a fair comparison.
Oops! I meant wheelspin and acceleration.And those 100kg more are the Nissan's.And I think the XRG has normal tires(road normal not road super).XRT is another question.
Geez, I can't keep the [old] demo cars (or any others) from wheel spinning at race starts. I'm not one who sits waiting for the start with the tach needle pegged waiting for the green light either. I generally do race starts from about 4000 rpm and either dump the clutch or drop to 1st if using auto clutch and all cars wheelspin forever. I dump at 4000 rpm, as the wheels practically spin off the car, I modulate the throttle trying to minimize wheel spin. Just a hair too much throttle, and they are spinning again.
Quote from danielzzz :Oops! I meant wheelspin and acceleration.And those 100kg more are the Nissan's.And I think the XRG has normal tires(road normal not road super).XRT is another question.

Road normal =! Normal road - they are a made up compound, and do not necessarily bear any resemblance to the grip/wear/noise characteristics of the road tyres fitted to your Nissan.

But as Mike says, wheelspin is so easy that I don't really understand your issue in the first place.
XRG, Hard Track with 16% fuel

My issue in first place was that cars accelerate slow.
Quote from danielzzz :My issue in first place was that cars accelerate slow.

Any data to back up that statement?
Just because you feel they're accelareting slow doesn't mean they are actually. XRG accelerates 0-100km/h in around 6.7 sec last time I've been on a server with a Lapper, thats anything but slow in my opinion
Quote from danielzzz :...Maybe the problem is me,because in real life you feel the acc.

Anyway,look at "the other thing".
Even the defualt sets of cars in LFS have LSD of some sort, quite a stiff suspension.
You Nissan has an open differntial, comfortable soft suspension, much shorter gear ratios, sure it will spin the front tyre a lot.
XFG with a road going like setup with oped diff spins wheels like mad.

Most of the reasons of your "problems" are your misconfusions of car's differncies so far
Suspension is comfortable,but definately not soft.And the gear ratios are much longer than the XRG's HARD TRACK.
But you have point with the diff.
btw why some fwd cars have LSD ? Like audi 80 b4 2.0e ??? o_O
Including tyre diameter and final drive?

How quick is your car 0-60 (0-100km/h)
It's slow - 11s.
But I have got the feeling it's more than 116hp,because i rode a Peugeot 206GTi and it didnt had this whip effect like the nissan.And its 138hp.
Whip effect? How much do you actually know about cars?
11 seconds is not slow. Drive a 55 bhp car and then complain.

Sorry, didn't mean a car, i meant to say a metal...ish box...ish thing that tkaes ages to reach 100 kph.
If you look up the force dynamics videos which map the G's to motion simulating changes in angle etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uy7rNr1OrY

You will note that the actual G's experienced by the virtual driver are pretty potent, so even measuring it in this "whip" effect you've magically dreamed up. It's still fine.

And yes, I know that's a far more powerful race car, but that looks about right to me from what I've experienced of slick tyres and cars with no interior!
so we've worked out that the XRG does wheelspin and as for acceleration, well it seems to do better than the Nissan

so to help with the "feeling" of acceleration you could try this insim app http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=682863#post682863 or simply going to options-->view in LFS and setting up acceleration shifts

Quote from danielzzz :I have got the feeling it's more than 116hp,because i rode a Peugeot 206GTi and it didnt had this whip effect like the nissan.And its 138hp.

Just because a car has more HP doesnt mean it'll take off quicker (I guess thats what you mean by the whip effect) .... Gearing is just as important and by other factors like weight, power loss (power at the flywheel can be different to the output at the wheels) wheel size
-
(Xalies) DELETED by Xalies : double post

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG