The online racing simulator
Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
ive managed 13 mill or so in the drifting comp
Quote from Smurfen :ive managed 13 mill or so in the drifting comp

Someone did 51,000,000 on youtube....
Well i guess i havnt played the game so my words of wisdom seemed to have faild, oh well Codemasters buggerd up again.
Theres always next year right? Lol just messing lets hope they quit while there ahead, or for there new F1 game they actually decide to get proper physics.
I was well disappointed with this one. I played the demo on 360, so my comparison was always going to be with Forza 2 (and the Dirt demo). It's horrible, and GTA4's driving physics give more feeling of realism. It doesn't turn, then it turns 45 degrees and grips the track like glue, then it straightens up instantly. And that was with all aids off, I shudder to think how easy it must be to stay on the track with them all on.

The damage modelling is great, I've always thought that about the engine, and with a little less bloom it looks pretty nice graphically too. It's just a shame it's nearly impossible to drive in any realistic way. TOCA3 (mentioned earlier) I really enjoyed. It handles fairly well and the cars actually feel like they behave in a fairly realistic manner (in Pro mode), albeit with some slightly arcadey tendencies. If we could get that handling with the new engine they'd be onto a winner.

I downloaded the demo, ran a few laps and then deleted it again. Took me longer to download than I spent playing. And you can bet this'll be the same engine Codies use for the F1 license, meaning every idiot is going to think F1 cars are glued to the track.
prob has the best graphics out there, but they definitely have the s**test physics engine for a racing game. cant believe they actually made a game that is even worse than NFS.
great job guys.

i ran like two corners then i was like what a fkn waste of time. even arcade game is more fun than this. and deleted the demo.
ive NEVER played such a crap game ever in my life =S
It took me about an hour before getting used to the way it handles. I'm not going to defend it on those terms because there are obviously better games for that, many which I haven't played. But it's definitely better than something like flatout, which is a fun arcade game- and this is more fun that that imo (apart from the drift, which I have no time for). It's the best arcade racer I've seen.

I read somewhere that the full game will have somewhere like 90 track configs (real and fictional), which is a LOT of content. If some of those are anywhere near the quality of the city track in the demo then i'll be pretty interested in having more of a look (If they decide to build in mouse support that is). . Hopefully the physics will be better on some of the other cars as well, but I'm certainly not holding my breath on that.
Wow, yeah, the really over exposed graphics are sooo realistic

Well done on not only making a piece of sh*t game, but now managing to f*ck up the graphics too.

Top job Code..wreckers, can we set fire to this thread now? :irked:
I belive Codemasters goes by

"What are physics????
Fact is though, we on here will moan about the physics, and the over-done bloom effects and the like, but we're not the target audience, nor are we the majority. They will no doubt sell a good few copies of this game, its targeted at the masses and not sim-enthusasts, can't really fault them for that. If you want a sim-game for a console, pick up a copy of Forza if you haven't already. If you want an arcade game with realistic hints, the PGR series is fantastic and widely under-estimated IMO.
Well, the game's getting good reviews from the arcade reviewers (hovering around 9/10's), but atleast one sim site has totally trashed it, which I think is fair since Codies apparently are defining GRID as an appealing balance between sim and arcade. Now with exclusive rights to F1, they will just simply project the formula over into their new game, which seems a distasteful proposition considering the highly technical nature of F1.

Anyway, I did like the GRID demo, and am happy to defend it as a fun arcade game. But it is by no means a sim and calling it such must be confusing and disappointing to a fair share of people who had higher hopes for the game.
Fun to fool around on
I hated the way the cars handle. Feel too arcadish. ;/
I'm downloading it via Steam right now, 77% done...

Anyone got a list of cars/tracks in it?
I have to be honest, i am really disappointed by this game. The videos looked great and it seemed to be a decent racing game without to much arcade and not to much simulation. A casual racing game for fun.

I tested the demo and was already annoyed by the controlls and the lack of controllability. Well it is a demo, i said to me, got the full game and was just disappointed. I spent more than 20 minutes to get the controls even close to playable. And even then the gamepad worked just a tiny bit better than the keyboard.

Any other games i played with my gamepad work fine, like NFS, LFS, GTR1+2 etc. So i can't really understand whats the big deal about this game ... sad.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I'm downloading it via Steam right now, 77% done...

Anyone got a list of cars/tracks in it?

Track List:

Circuito del Jarama
Nürburgring GP circuit
Donington Park
Istanbul Park
Milan
Le Mans
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Okutama Grand Circuit
Yokohama Docks
Shibuya
Mount Haruna
San Francisco
Washington DC
Detroit
Long Beach

Remember, every track has multiple configurations.

Car List:

DALLARA FORMULA 3
FJ 1000
BMW 320si
CHEVROLET CORVETTE C5-R
CHEVROLET CORVETTE C6-R
CHEVROLET CAMARO CONCEPT
CHEVROLET LACETTI
MAZDA 787B
MAZDA RX-7 FD3S
TOYOTA SUPRA
TOYOTA COROLLA GT-S (AE86)
TOYOTA SOARER (JZZ30)
SUBARU IMPREZA
PONTIAC GTO
NISSAN 350Z
NISSAN SILVIA
NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R Z-TUNE
NISSAN R390 GT-1
TVR TUSCAN CHALLENGE
PORSCHE 911 GT3 RSR
PANOZ ESPERANTE
SPYKER C8 SPYDER
LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO RGT
ASTON MARTIN DBR9
SALEEN S7R
COURAGE C65
COURAGE LC70
LOLA B05/40
LOLA B06/10
FORD MUSTANG GT-R CONCEPT
FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302
DORAN RACING JE4
DODGE VIPER SRT10
MOPAR DODGE CHARGER SRT8 DRIFT
DODGE CHALLENGER CONCEPT
KOENIGSEGG CCXR
KOENIGSEGG CCGT
PAGANI ZONDA R
AUDI R10 TDI
CREATION CA06/H-JUDD
JUPITER EAGLERAY MK5
HONDA NSX-R
PLYMOUTH AAR 'CUDA

We're all sim-racers here, and I have to say...I have purchased GRID from steam...why?

I watched a video a few months back about grid with some developer commentary, and he explained they were stepping away from simulation to arcade....I guess Codemasters never managed a good simulation so I see it as a lazy attempt because they cant do a good job at realism. It simply wasnt meant to handle realistically and the aftermath means it handles like no other racing game I have played before. I do enjoy it, I tried it on the PS3 as a demo, and the day after I bought it on steam for the PC.

The people here complaining about the unrealistic physics...well...its like complaining Ridge Racers physics arent realistic...its all arcade at the end of the day. You're either going to like the 'unique' handling or your not.
Grid is being sold as a sim, btw...
I haven't seen anything by codemasters stating it's a sim. . .
I gave the PS3 demo a run this morning, in my five minutes I wasn't very impressed, I'm not expecting a sim, but I really cant stand drving without a wheel. Looked nice, seemed like it could be fun though.

For me its a rent and put some time in to see if I find it fun.
This game is so easy its absurd. Id much rather Race Driver 3.
this game is sooo easy... i have the demo, and i dont need to brake on the curves, and if i brake a little bit it blocks the tyres and im from 120mph-0mph in less than a second...
seriously, it's a scam

Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG