The online racing simulator
Graphical Glitches
(15 posts, started )
#1 - hda
Graphical Glitches
I'm posting for a friend which I introduced to LFS over one year ago.

He's having these glitches for a while now, which make the game unplayable. All the other games work just fine.

He's running windows xp sp2 and got a nvidia geforce 7300gt, tested LFS with a series of drivers (omega, nvidia's latest - 175.16, older nvidia drivers) but it won't work.

He tried uninstalling the drivers then using drivercleaner and reinstalling again but no luck.

So can you help me/him?

Cheers

PS: Screenshot attached
Attached images
lfs1.JPG
Looks like the gfx-card is giving out?
#3 - hda
yeah that was my first thought but it works fine in all the other games.

btw, that glitches happen in both Y and Y22
update GFX card driver in the first place, I might have said OVERHEATING but since the artefact are only in lfs
#5 - hda
Quote from Mazink :update GFX card driver in the first place, I might have said OVERHEATING but since the artefact are only in lfs

as I said in the first post, he tried with different drivers, the latest from nvidia, omegadrivers and older ones that shipped with his card
Try downloading a fresh lfs, But I think it may be, your GFX isn't supported in lfs? If that is possible, or it can be that its just overheating, but if its working on other games and 3d stuff, it can be on the LFS side, so as i said try to get a fresh lfs.
#7 - hda
it worked in the past..

a fresh instal didn't work running out of options..
Clean the Termal disipator or the Cooler section from your GFX card
Also clean the place where the GFX card is inserted
Also download Ati Tools and run a test , if at the start of the Test the Gfx is showing Artifact , well your g7300 is diying

I have a 6200 with Forceware 84.66 and evertyng works Perfect
ATi Tools with an Nvidia card?

If this only does this in LFS, then i would say overheating. Give it a good clean, and re-sit it. Also try uninstalling the card drivers completely, then re-install with the latest ones.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :ATi Tools with an Nvidia card?

Yup, I thought that when I came across it months ago, but it's a pretty good tool, works fine with NVIDIA cards as well
#11 - hda
ati tool: no artifacts
both the card and case are clean, the cooler was removed and a new layer of thermal grease was applied

don't think it can be a temperature issue since that when testing with ati tool the temperature doesn't rise above 60c
hda, have you also tried updating the DirectX recently?
In another thread I'd posted about the odd texture problems I was having, but since installed the beta 175.80 nvidia drivers and running the directX webupdate (did about 2Mb of updates..) I've had no further problems (touch wood), only thing is I don't know which bit has cured it as I did both at the same time (after numerous rounds of driver cleaning, reinstalling different versions etc)
#13 - hda
Quote from Urgentemente :hda, have you also tried updating the DirectX recently?
In another thread I'd posted about the odd texture problems I was having, but since installed the beta 175.80 nvidia drivers and running the directX webupdate (did about 2Mb of updates..) I've had no further problems (touch wood), only thing is I don't know which bit has cured it as I did both at the same time (after numerous rounds of driver cleaning, reinstalling different versions etc)

dx is up to date

i guess the next step is gonna be test a new graphics card

thanks for your help
Have you tried different detail settings and resolutions in LFS? Start with the lowest settings and if it helps, move them up step by step to see what causes the problem.
Sorry to report that my jubilation was short lived, the glitch happened again to me, have posted 4 comparison screenies in another post.
I'd already tried (prior to using beta drivers and updating DirectX) setting all gfx in LFS to low, still did the glitch.

It doesn't seem to happen as quickly at the moment tho..

Graphical Glitches
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG