The online racing simulator
Are You A Sim-Racing Dad?
(99 posts, started )
If this contributes, I WISH that my dad would play racing sims/have introduced me at an earlier age.
Hi!
Dad of two, a son at the age of four and a daughter at the age of two .
man... you guys are so open-spirits (it's good btw) my dad used to own a 1978 GTR and street race but that nuckle-head of his doesn't like to play games and sometimes discourages me to play these games because it "influences" bad behaviours. YEA right DAD, you used to own a '78 GTR and street race
My dad hates computers. Only time I remember he played something was some F1 game on IBM 386. Weird that he have never even been interested to even watch how realistic sims that I play are, altough he watches a motorsport from tv a lot. I think lot of older people don't understand that sims are in a certain way more than just computer games.
#30 - Gunn
I've written a survey for Sim Dads, but I'd like to see a few more Dads posting yet.
Quote from Gunn :I've written a survey for Sim Dads, but I'd like to see a few more Dads posting yet.

PM the link for us that have written
Sim Dad of 2 here

My son is 7 and he's been PC gaming since he was 3. He isnt really simming yet ie LFS but he is pretty mean at DZ on 1nsane. My 9 year old Daughter is also an 1nsaniac although all she is playing atm is the sims 2

My sons had a go on LFS many times but he hasnt really got the hang of braking without using the walls. Too much Burnout i guess illepall I have seen him finish less than a lap down on a 20 lapper at Tona on Nascar 2k3 now i think of it so i guess i was unfair on him above when i said he isnt simming yet

Punt me a copy of the survey when its ready.
Hi, im a sim-dad, im 38 and my daughter is 11.

she used to "play" GP2 and 3 when younger. actually, i set it to no-players and she "drove" the car round loving it. since then she has discovered the playstation and doesnt go on the PC much, except for Habbo Hotel.
One of my good stories is a mate from work phoned and my wife said i couldnt come to the phone as i was racing. thats from my old Nas2003 days in the ERCO league.
Another "sim-dad" reporting in. 3 girls and 1 grand-daughter! The little one has sat in my lap for a few turns around the track ( she wants to eat the wheel I think). My daughters have all given it a try at one time or another, but it just "ain't their thang". My wife can't watch as it gives her motion sickness, so I'm pretty much on my own in this.
I too am a SIM DAD, My oldest boy is 6 and my little guy is almost 2. They both like to watch me though! Sometimes they spectate with me too, a couple weeks ago I was spectating for a bit (it's better than TV!) and both boys were watching attentively! My wife does not drive though.... But she pretends to be interested in replays! LOL
Well just had a photo session with the girls of LFS, and they all all known by Team T7R so why not here.

On the right you have Megan, my oldest, she is 7 and on the left you have Hannah, she is 6, and in the middle you have Darcey, my newest member of 3 months

Even the youngest looks like she has a wheel in her hand LOL
Attached images
DVC00688.JPG
My dad doesn't really play any games cause he use to go to Pocono and race his 1960's Lotus with a Renault racing engine.

I happly take place being the age of some of your kids.
Frustrated racing driver dad here . . .

Boy of five who watches but hasn't shown any interest in racing as of yet. I'll work on him though.

Baby girl too. Sits on my knee and has a bash (Literally) at the keyboard.

Missus hates the thing. I spend far to much time on it, which is proberly true but as she's addicted to MSN she can't really argue to much . . .
I really have no right to post here, only being a sim-grandson. But I plan on having kids, and should still be playing S3 by that time.

My grandfather (John) competeted as an amatuer drag racer in his youth, and his sons' (Uncle John and Uncle Joel) both compteted in motocross and other motorsport efforts. I hope to break the ice drifting and give my son's something to slide around in when they're older.

I RUINED thanksgiving (as my mom put it) on year when I had my DFP, pedals, and LFS fired up and running on my machine at home. The entire family was present, except for me putting laps in fe club rev MRT style (S1 days), I managed to keep grandfather John and both uncles GLUED over my shoulder for an hour... the we started rotating. Since then all 3 have bought some sort of controller (MOMO red for the grandad) and are playing the demo... however none of them will splurge for the full S2. Cheap.
racing-sim dad here also farther of 5 (2 boys and 3 girlsillepall) the old lad plays forza & nfsu2 so we slowly getting there i get cheers from my girls IF i win a race hehehe
laters and train them kids well ppl
#41 - ianj
Yes - me too. I have children in their mid 20s, I am in my mid 50s. Took part in the OLFSL this year, usually come last, but lots of fun - There is a server "Old men racing" I see sometimes.

Oh, yes I drove SS in late 60s too (Formula ford)

Ian
LFS-Dad to 3 kids
Two boys 4 & 6 and a girl, 6 weeks old (Check my avatar )
#43 - 240Z
Me too, 4 girls & a boy. Youngest is nine months old but sits on my lap (has done since about 3 months) and steers. I am sure she will be quite formidable by the time she is 5. The others all dip in to LFS now and again, but have no staying power (though I do encourage them to have a go). The nursery facility sounds great and I'll get them to try it out this weekend (if it is up).

At 45 (yikes) years old I often feel that I should be doing something more 'useful' with my time, but then I see the wheel, the pedals, the screen ...and ....well you just know what happens ...."I'll be five minutes darling". At 1 o'clock in the morning having been on LFS for ...some considerable time....I finally switch off and go to bed.

I am not one of the fastest (or even close) but LFS gives me soooo much pleasure. It is great to be part of this long term project. All credit to the developers.

Cheers

Paul
Sim Racing Dad here, 2x Girls

Not had much time for sim-racing recently, but still a keen follower of the LFS development.
LFS Dad here too.
My 11 year old daughter loves just cruising around in midtown madness on the xbox but I never have been able to get her actually race me very often. She just like to cruise around and pretend she's practicing for her real license test.

count me in on the survey
Another LFS dad here, probably the youngest at that clocking in at 22 (we are not all old grumpy gits see).

My daughter is 7 and has shown some intrest in racing but she prefers the xbox controllers so no joy on LFS yet, also she likes her disney games and whatnot...
Simracing-son here. My dad introduced me to racing games when I was 3 ( 1989 ), and I then later introduced him to online racing. He is on my team ( Spider-Web Racing, in the danish LFS-series ) now, and has been racing for a few years now. Due to limited time, he is our setup-engineer, and he's pretty good at it! He has written a long setup-manual in danish, and many danish LFS-racers use it as a guide when setting up their cars.
racing dad here. Daughter 4 and son 1. Daughter already drives from time to time (once I put GTR instead of LFS, and she started screaming, didnt like it :P ). Last weekend she accompanied me to the ESL Pro Series Finals in Cologne, visiting my team-mate nils winning his 4th championship and meeting all the other LFS-drivers. She loved to go there (was her second time).
Sim-dad....and Sim-son here. My son is 8, and he wants to get online and "race" too. Warning, he plays Driver on Playstation. My daughter is 4, and she would want a pink Barbie skin. I got my dad into racing Dirt Track Racing, as he used to run karts in the 60's and street stocks at a dirt track in the 70's.
Sim-Dad here. My 7 year old is a wrecker so he has been banned from going online. He mainly does Drag, but he has started spending more time on the oval lately.

Are You A Sim-Racing Dad?
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG