The online racing simulator
They can run it, but not like they did last time. If they want to say "Take it or leave it" I will happily admin the next race myself if need be, i will also have a trusted co-admin that i know has some admin experience.

If you want to go down the route, i will happily donate myself..
#52 - slen
Mazar, I'm blaming you for single handedly screwing up round 5.
Quote :Mazar, I'm blaming you for single handedly screwing up round 5.

What? lol...

There would have been no round5 without deko..and where were you when help was needed? your AA team, dont show to drive, dont show to help admin, dont even bother to pass word the organisers wont be there? yet you blame me...

I give up...enjoy.

Best, Maz
#54 - slen
Did you not also bring in GWR?
Quote : Did you not also bring in GWR?

No...nothing to do with me. As usual, not even half right.

Where were you when AA screwed up the event and whole series by not getting word out that AA Silver Arrows wasnt going to show up? above it shows you may well have known what was going on in joruss's post. Sounds as if you guys new all along Silver wasn't going to show up. Nice of you to let us know..thanks

Quote :round 4 was 28.06 2008 and Silver was gone missing 2 days later... add some time for post race appeals he was waiting for and there's not much time left for posting the results (not to mention having some real life things issues that pays the bills). And since you have no idea what was the cause of his absence you have no right to question all the effort he put into organising and running this series with just one sily sentence.

Silver was racing on our server for hours, when questioned by Robey about official results from ROUND3!!! he went to post them right there and then, promising to bring the Round4 results out immediately. There where no protests awaiting anything...as a team manager, driver in the series, for sure i have the right to question the effort put in.

Maz...
Quote from Mazar :No...nothing to do with me. As usual, not even half right.

Where were you when AA screwed up the event and whole series by not getting word out that AA Silver Arrows wasnt going to show up? above it shows you may well have known what was going on in joruss's post. Sounds as if you guys new all along Silver wasn't going to show up. Nice of you to let us know..thanks

Maz...

Why are you balming AA now?It was Only Silvers side project...our team had nothing to do with it..just as other teams in onegp(only just for racing there).
Quote from JoRuss :Yes, that was short note, but such experienced race director shouldn't have made that weird decisions.

I would like to first start off by thanking you for leaving me these comments on what I made mistakes on, I do appreciate hearing those, and will correct them for next round. I will also provide you with explanations of my reasoning behind each thing, to help everyone get an idea of what went in, in my head, to making that decision.

Quote from JoRuss :- Letting one racer with burned clutch crawl to the pits (having other players endangered with his slow and almost uncontrolable movements) and then DNF'ing him in pitlane for burned clutch.

- Above mentioned player was asked to revving engine in pits when his clutch temerature was already going down. Just to make sure he won't be able to continue racing?

- And finally disqualifing him again for leaving race server early...

[1GP RaceAdmin] :AMD D.Opasik - DNF - Reason: Clutch
[1GP RaceAdmin] :AMD D.Opasik will be penalised post-race for disconnecting from server early.
[1GP RaceAdmin] :Likely penalty: DSQ

The reason I let him get to pitlane was because the field was under SC, and it was less of a hindrance to the rest of the racers. If it was under green, I would have had him get off-course, and speced him.

I asked him to keep his motor revving so that the engine wouldn't turn off when it went out of physics, and wanted him in a garage stall to not be blocking the pitlane. If he had done this and put the car in neutral and the full brake on, he could have revved without continuing to damage his clutch.

I read in the ruleset a line about not leaving the server early, and enforced it.

Quote from JoRuss :- Having co-admin mate with almost identital name on server chatting and commenting situation on track...

[1GP RaceAdmin] :[GWR]M.Barnsley - I will spec you shortly
[GWR]M.Barnsley :no im getting out
[1GP RaceAdmin] :Maybe.
[1GP Race Admin] :You're making about 2mm progress every few secs
[1GP Race Admin] :Should be back on the tarmac by tommorrow :D
[1GP RaceAdmin] :I think we've got two cars beached.
[1GP Race Admin] :and Miles is working on it :P
[1GP RaceAdmin] :Wow.
[1GP Race Admin] :Barnsley's put
[1GP Race Admin] :out
[1GP Race Admin] :and so is Miles!
[GWR]M.Barnsley :i got uot
[1GP Race Admin] :Out of the sand
[1GP Race Admin] ::-)
[1GP Race Admin] :That was quite spectacular

do race admins with "profesional" attitude should act like this?

This situation is something I have planned to handle prior to the next race. Jo53PHS, the other admin in server that day, has had habits like this, but fortunately, they have been worse in past, but I've had a chat with him, which has sorted him. But I will make sure he knows next time not to comment on situations, except to inform me someone's beached or crashed or other pertinent info that I might miss while I tab through the whole field.

[/quote] - forgetting about given then cleared for some reason(?) penalties

[GWR]M.Barnsley :my drive throught needs to be reisued
[GWR]M.Barnsley: DRIVE-THROUGH PENALTY
[GWR]M.Barnsley :ty
[GWR]M.Barnsley completed his drive-through penalty

c'mon... does driver really needs to ask for penalty?[/quote]

I had cleared the penalty because of the SC deployment, as series do not allow penalties of that nature to be served under yellows, and was about to reassign the penalty when he said that. I was about to when I tabbed to his car, and saw him in pits. I left it off until he exited incase I had to throw on an extra penalty. I didn't forget about the penalty, I just hadn't reapplied it yet. There have been Lapper shortcuts to assigning penalties now, so those are going to be issued quicker than the standard /p_dt x.

Quote from JoRuss : - Not keeping his own words.

[1GP RaceAdmin] : NOTICE: Please Drive to pitlane (inlap) after finishing. NO parking, spining, etc post-race

and at the end of race:

[1GP RaceAdmin] :Drive and get to pitlane, and pull into a garage stall
[GWR]M.Barnsley :sry
[1GP Race Admin] :LOL
[1GP RaceAdmin] :NO CHAT
[1GP RaceAdmin] :Still no chat, please
A new guest is connecting
[SR] R.Pearson connected (pearcy_2k7)
A new guest is connecting
FRO| Mazar connected (Mazar)
[SR] R.Pearson : [SR] Wisniewski - woot well done mate
[GWR]C.Miles joined the spectators
[1GP RaceAdmin] : Alright, I'll open it up.
[1GP Race Admin] : Yo Maz
[1GP Race Admin] : :-)

and at this point there were still racers left on cool-down laps driving to the pits as requested earlier.

The reason I did not enforce this at this point was because there was one car on their cool-down lap at this point, and he was in the final complex of corners to pitlane. In future, I will enforce this, however, until every car is in pitlane. I will also restrict spectators reconnecting until after all cars are returned, which is easily communicable via folks watching in Remote, which is now back up.

Quote from JoRuss : About not serving blue flag of one of GWR racer... Who really thinks that Drive-Through or Stop-Go presents any threat for dude who is 10 or 20 laps down relatively to the driver who is blocked by him? I don't.

All in all, I could have parked gooberiv for being dangerously slow, but with other issues when this became an issue, I was unable to mark this. But other than that, I have no explanations.

Quote from JoRuss : and finally about the race... seriously... someone has problems with 'respect' thing... Just few examples:

[1GP RaceAdmin] : [SR] M.Beattie - I'm beginning to suspect that you have some disrespect here

[1GP RaceAdmin] :Alright, those asshats who do "Teh Oval SUcks!!!111!!" clearly have no respect for others.
[1GP RaceAdmin] :IMHO.

[1GP RaceAdmin] :In addition, [SR] M.Beattie will face extra investigations after race for lack...
[1GP RaceAdmin] :...of respect to other competitors

That notices should be passed to team managers after race instead of arguing with drivers during race. IMHO.

Indeed, this is a thing that I do generally handle after the race. It was my error to discuss it (and likely exacerbate it) in the server. For this I apologize.

Quote from JoRuss : Just to remind you that this is not NDR series, they just agreed to step in and help with keeping this series running, period. But since they come to this I have weird feeling that they want to steal it and run on their own with their own stated rules (clearly disobeying existing rules and precendents)

Yes, I agreed to step in and help. And yes, I might have disobeyed existing precedents, but I did so where I felt the impact of the precedent was not something that would cause enough impact to the racers. But as far as I know, I saw no disobeying of the rules that is a serious transgression.

Quote from JoRuss : and finally:

how not having admin rights in forum makes his work any different and
even not possible to complete?

round 4 was 28.06 2008 and Silver was gone missing 2 days later... add some time for post race appeals he was waiting for and there's not much time left for posting the results (not to mention having some real life things issues that pays the bills). And since you have no idea what was the cause of his absence you have no right to question all the effort he put into organising and running this series with just one sily sentence.

just my 5 cents.. no change needed...

I did not mean to say that I was completely abandoning his forum, but that I was going to leave official postings for the LFSForums, so that I might be able to stick the important announcements. If SilverArrows were to return and wish to have his series back, I will say, "Welcome back, Mr SilverArrows. I'm sorry for anything that I may have changed, you're more than welcome to put it back, but I did what I felt I had to do to keep the series running as efficiently as possible in your absence."

I would also like to plea to everyone to not take Round 5 as a complete example of my work. This round had extraordinary circumstances, such as short notice that it would actually happen, and short notice for me, the admin. I wish that people wait for Round 6 to be done and over before coming to a conclusion on my capabilities. Consider that, coming into the race, I only had the ruleset as was posted, no information on who was going to show up, and to be honest, the day before, which was the only day I had to prepare, I spent most of it reading the rules, and watching the Rounds 1 thru 4 race replays. So now that I've gone through one very rocky round, I personally expect that I will be back on my usual form for Round 6.

Sincerely,
dekojester
Quote from dekojester :This situation is something I have planned to handle prior to the next race. Jo53PHS, the other admin in server that day, has had habits like this, but fortunately, they have been worse in past, but I've had a chat with him, which has sorted him. But I will make sure he knows next time not to comment on situations, except to inform me someone's beached or crashed or other pertinent info that I might miss while I tab through the whole field.

Can I suggest using Ventrilo or TS for that?
Quote from Gil07 :Can I suggest using Ventrilo or TS for that?

This is one thing that is a request of mine, as it was for Round 5. I wished to have everyone in TS, but when realising that I had issues with TS (Which I was not with Ventrilo either before, during or after, which prevented me using Ventrilo).

I have a subchannel in the Fragmaster Ventrilo, which I request that EVERYONE use for the race. You do not need to be able to talk, you just need to listen. I much prefer this because it's easier to talk than type an admin order.

And with chat, it doesn't necessarily take your eyes of the screen.

d
Quote :This is one thing that is a request of mine, as it was for Round 5. I wished to have everyone in TS, but when realising that I had issues with TS

FRO team speak crashed out with the whole of the Storm Servers going down that day. Nothing could be done about it, sorry.

Best, Maz
No to be wrongfully undestood. I don't see a problem running league in place of Silver by someone else due his sudden absence, just wanted to make sure it'll be still his league by the time his back.

I wrote my thoughts just because dekojester asked for them in one of previous posts and I'm happy he took 'em into account.

Quote from Mazar :
There would have been no round5 without deko..and where were you when help was needed? your AA team, dont show to drive, dont show to help admin, dont even bother to pass word the organisers wont be there? yet you blame me...

Quote from Mazar :

Aren't you being paranoid there?
yes, Silver is AA team member, but assuming that you were somehow cheated by not knowing about his absence is ridiculous...
You may see here information about no responses from Silver, probably caused by computer related problems - probably - cause we don't know what's going on with him.

Quote from Mazar :Silver was racing on our server for hours, when questioned by Robey about official results from ROUND3!!! he went to post them right there and then, promising to bring the Round4 results out immediately. There where no protests awaiting anything...as a team manager, driver in the series, for sure i have the right to question the effort put in.

Sorry, can't answer for him... you have to wait for an answer till his return.
Hi guys havnt read in depth the R5 analysis or really know the ins and outs of the current oneGP situation but here are some of my questions and thoughts:

-Has silver abandoned his project without putting in place an adequate chain of command to keep the series going? If so I can only assume someone else whoever it may be going out of their way to keep the schedule running should be applauded. How anyone can criticize without offering a viable alternative without cancelling the series I do not know.

-As for R5, FE Gold was never going to be an easy non eventful race for the BF1. This was compounded by some poor driving and even worse attitudes towards the stand in admins both during the race and in this thread.

-Im new to the series and am immediately disappointed with this recent situation. It seems like alot of people here seem more intent on personal vendettas and scrutinizing admin than just getting on with what you can control - driving.

-The rules should be clear and beyond reproach. There should be no discussion over decisions during races, the final say should always IMO be a post race decision. I dont think anyone should expect instant decisions this isnt F1 where video and multiple stewards can analyze footage on the spot. Maybe oneGP needs a more streamlined set of rules to make it simpler and less subjective as it appeared at times in R5.

-In future just keep your heads down, keep your calm drive the cleanest fastest race you can and if it doesnt go your way bite your lip and appeal post race if necessary and lets make oneGP into a great place to race and be. Not a bitter cesspit.

See you on the track
So, I appreciate all the discussion that has gone into this.

I have a few things that I will be posting topics on the oneGP forum for discussion into rules mods and other things. I will primarily use this forum for race discussions and confirmations and post-race threads, and expanded discussion will take place on the other forum, and I hope that teams continue to use their subforums there for oneGP race recaps and such.

But as I feel this thread has run its course, and nothing more can be said without being redundant or being attacking, I'm locking this now. PM me with any comments about this.

Thankyou.

d
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG