The online racing simulator
Round 6 Pre-Race and Confirmations
Hey all -

With this post, I am accepting the agreement of all team managers (majority of them, for sure) for New Dimension Racing to take over operations of the oneGP F1 World Series Championship. I would like to thank the Team Managers for quickly replying to this.

To help me, would all team managers please post their proposed driver lineup for Round 6, which is 38 laps of Aston North Reversed (AS7R). I would also like all team managers to send me a PM with their email address, as well as standard drivers, as well as any comments you have about the series in general, or things you think I need to have a look at soon.

I also like to have these threads be a discussion on how people think the race will play out, strategy thoughts. It helps me get an idea of what to expect, especially if I can't see some practices that the drivers take.

I would also like thoughts on having wind set to low wind for this round. I'm personally a fan of wind, at least on the low setting, because it adds a new element to the fray. Will my fuel last as long ? Will I handle quite as well in that critical corner ? I feel that it also takes away the hotlap mentality, which I'm of the opinion that that mentality causes more issues than not, and I've had wind on in events before, and it's not made it any worse or caused more problems. But well and truly keen to hear thoughs. I will leave the server with wind off until Thursday ebfore race, to allow people to get a basic setup who might not be familiar with the course.

Thankyou,
dekojester

Entry List Based on Confirmations in This Thread:

# Team (LongName) Driver
1 Formula Racing FRO Hibex
2 Formula Racing FRO TenManTaylor
3 AirAttack AA W0o0zZy
4 AMD Capsule Racing AMD robybobey
5 AMD Capsule Racing AMD Thunderhead
6 Sonicrealms Racing SR Garfild12
7 Sonicrealms Racing SR (TBA)
8 Rising Phoenix Motorsports RP evilpimp

#2 - Mazar
Quote :With this post, I am accepting the agreement of all team managers (majority of them, for sure) for New Dimension Racing to take over operations of the oneGP F1 World Series Championship. I would like to thank the Team Managers for quickly replying to this.

Phew...a big thank you to NDR and Deko for stepping up so we can finish this championship battle. Many thanks guys! looking forward to racing under NDR organization.

Quote : To help me, would all team managers please post their proposed driver lineup for Round 6,

Drivers for Round6.
FRO|Hibex
FRO|TenmanTaylor
FRO|Maissi

Team FRO members, oneGP series drivers.

FRO|Hibex
FRO|TenmanTaylor
FRO|Mazar
FRO|Maissi
FRO|Salaneuvos

Quote :I also like to have these threads be a discussion on how people think the race will play out, strategy thoughts. It helps me get an idea of what to expect, especially if I can't see some practices that the drivers take.

Hm, wont detail strategy thoughts, but...for sure this round is going to be a hell of a close battle.

On day one of testing oneGP drivers lowered the world record. Now a few days into testing, the WR has been lowered 3 times and in total there are 5 oneGP drivers now under the previous WR for the track. Think this proves just how fast and competitive oneGP is becoming.

Its going to be very fast, hard race. As ever, making the r3 work for the whole race, minimizing pit stop time is going to be critical to race time..this track is very hard on tyres.

Quote :I would also like thoughts on having wind set to low wind for this round. I'm personally a fan of wind, at least on the low setting, because it adds a new element to the fray. Will my fuel last as long ? Will I handle quite as well in that critical corner ?

For me personally, it makes it a much greater simulation of real world racing. It does make things more interesting and I dont have a issue with racing with wind low. But, in BF1's wind should not be more than low setting, as the loss of aero effects and changing conditions in some corners will cause crashes. Low is passable, but wind in LFS is very 'wild'..

Quote :or things you think I need to have a look at soon.

Blue Flag rule...think this needs clarification. Exactly what we expect of a driver under blue flags.

Best, Maz
i reckon we need to come up with a effective in-game communication method (like teamspeak or whatever) for race control to let the drivers know the SC is out and stuff like that.
No wind till season 2!!!
Scawen has already admitted that the wind effect in LFS sucks and he will fix this before going beta. Also, I have been on the bad end of racers not being able to control the bf1 without wind, so with wind would make it worse. And I also think to change the rules midway through the season is unfair and will only make the series more unpopular than it already is. Just my opinion btw, not my teams view...
#6 - slen
There is no way in hell that I'm going to participate any race run by these guys.
#7 - Mazar
Quote :There is no way in hell that I'm going to participate any race run by these guys.

You already withdrew two races ago...

Best, Maz
Quote from jasonmatthews :Scawen has already admitted that the wind effect in LFS sucks and he will fix this before going beta. Also, I have been on the bad end of racers not being able to control the bf1 without wind, so with wind would make it worse. And I also think to change the rules midway through the season is unfair and will only make the series more unpopular than it already is. Just my opinion btw, not my teams view...

There was an update to the wind in Z-Patch: "Wind speeds and variations are now more moderate / less wild"

But for this, I'm willing to leave it off is most racers wish it off.

d
Sorry, forgot to post my line-up.

-AA-
wOoOzZy

I'm still looking for a second driver. When I get someone I'll let you know.
Quote from dekojester :There was an update to the wind in Z-Patch: "Wind speeds and variations are now more moderate / less wild"

But for this, I'm willing to leave it off is most racers wish it off.

d

Didn't realise he had already fixed it Haven't tried it yet
I'll be glad to host an officially timed practice session this Sunday, hour in length, everyone who wants to can come and we'll run 60 minutes qual as the FP. I'm also willing to, after the FP, or even during it, have wind on low so people can run with it a bit and give an opinion, now that Scawen has edited wind some around slightly.

The wind on/off for hte offical session is up to you, but I would like some to run with wind to get an idea of how it's making the cars work now.

d
Also, following this round, I will figure out how many team vacancies there are, and with your help, find and select enough teams to fill the remaining slots to fill the grid to 20.

Still looking forward to Round 6, which I expect to be overall cleaner, and more smooth, as the turmoil of Round 5 from driving to the late calling in of administration should be worn off and sorted, so we can get straight down to business.

d
As some of you know, I am in Majorca at the moment, and will return home on friday 25th July, one day before the race. Hopefully i will be able to get some good practice in during friday for the race.

So yes, AMD Robybobey will hopefully be there
Quote :As some of you know, I am in Majorca at the moment, and will return home on friday 25th July, one day before the race. Hopefully i will be able to get some good practice in during friday for the race.

Check your PM's closer to the time for a link to a quali and race set bro.

See you there and have a great holiday.

Best, Maz
I will be there unless something happens.
Hi deko ill be racing next saturday

I dont think wind is a great idea for oneGP. I agree with the sentiment that it rewards careful driving and is more realistic but even without wind alot of people struggle to finish BF1 races without incident. I know I will. I fear the inclusion of wind will only increase the DNF/wreck count and wont really improve the racing.
Race is this Saturday, right?

I'll try and make it
Confirm Qual 1.40pm Race 2pm?
Quote :Confirm Qual 1.40pm Race 2pm?

Yep! See you server TT, check mail!

Best, Maz
Added entries to the OP.

Note: Only took first two drivers from FRO.

Still awaiting any word from the following teams:

SonicRealms
Pharaos Racing Team
Rising Phoenix Motorsports
Good Winds Racing
Halfords Racing

This list is based on people who were present at round 5, or indicated continuing interest into oneGP to me in various servers over the past two weeks. Please feel free to let me know of any teams who I've missed.

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday for Round 6. Server password will be PMed to team managers for dissemination to competing drivers Friday evening.

Password will be set at 1.30 GMT

d
I might be racing with [SR] team, I talked with Pearson(pearcy_2k7), he said that I can drive for them and so I will
Quote from Garfild12 :I might be racing with [SR] team, I talked with Pearson(pearcy_2k7), he said that I can drive for them and so I will

I'll put you down then. :-)

d
#23 - CSF
Quote from dekojester :I'll put you down then. :-)

d

Please don't yet, wait for Gil as he knows a little more about this...

EDIT: Jason speaks.
@ Garfild, that would be great mate, thanks. We thought you couldn't make it, glad to hear you can
Sonicrealms, not SonicRealms! When will someone get that right?

Our official confirmation will come later, but we will race

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG