The online racing simulator
Dead G25 Shifter
(11 posts, started )
Dead G25 Shifter
Hi,

Recently, the shifter on my G25 just 'died'. I mean nothing works, from the gears to the little buttons.
The little light is on, and I have tried unplugging and replugging absolutely everything, uninstalling and reinstalling profiler and rebooting the PC.

Has anybody ever had a similar problem to this, and if so, how did they fix it?

Thanks,

Dlight
All I can tell is that shifter is the weakest part of g25
I'm having a problem with my G25 shifter for some reason I can't get reverse gear to work, it just registers 6th gear instead, any ideas?
Quote from Mike Bingo :I'm having a problem with my G25 shifter for some reason I can't get reverse gear to work, it just registers 6th gear instead, any ideas?

My friend's G25 did the same thing.Reverse isn't working since he bought it so I think it's just broken.
Quote from Mike Bingo :I'm having a problem with my G25 shifter for some reason I can't get reverse gear to work, it just registers 6th gear instead, any ideas?

I had same at the start. Just press the gear thingy to bottom and then put it to 6th.

If not still working then its broken

Usually, from most accounts around the net, as well as my own that did exactly that, it`s probably the little circuit board right at the bottom of the shifter mechanism. It holds the little switch that registers when the shifter is pushed downwards (like when it needs to recognise you`re trying to select the reverse gear).

On mine, there was no visible breaks on the board, but testing the contacts showed one of the tracks on the board was dead. I bypassed the track with a small length of 7/0.2 hookup wire, and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

If it`s under warranty, arrange for a replacement. If it isn`t, and you can handle a soldering iron and fancy an attempt yourself, look around the net for some pics of how to take the shifter apart, it`s not too hard.

The G25 shifter uses two potentiometers for the gears and a button directly under the shift knob. The only difference between sixth gear and reverse is when you press down on the shifter you're pushing a button in. If you're putting it in reverse and it's showing as sixth that means that button is not working.

Either the button it self failed, then you have to change the button. or.. one of the wires connected to the button came loose... then you just re-solder them.

When you take it all apart just be careful with the spring that pushes the ball that gives you the clicking of the gears forward (1/3/5) and back (2/4/6/R).. Sometimes it can pop out and jump across the room.

Also make a note of how the mechanism that switches it from six speed to up/down works...

edit: lol... I need to stop posting before I drink my morning coffee... I didnt even see the post right above mine.

Finally, if it's still under warranty skip all the above and send it to logitech.
Since someone brought up G25 problems, i have a minor one. When the knob to turn H-Shift into Seqential Shift, when i pull down it sticks there like it is in 4th gear. Why?
Quote from hansonator69 :Since someone brought up G25 problems, i have a minor one. When the knob to turn H-Shift into Seqential Shift, when i pull down it sticks there like it is in 4th gear. Why?

that might come from a slightly bent housing...
when i first fixed my shifter i used a little piece of rubber between it and the table to prevent it from slipping. when i fixed the screws it would bend the housing just a little (barely noticable) but i had the same problem with the sequential shifter not functioning properly and keeping stuck. after removing the piece of rubber all was working right again.

peace mo
You have to push the shifter down, then turn the knob from sequential to H-shifter. Then it works perfectly.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :You have to push the shifter down, then turn the knob from sequential to H-shifter. Then it works perfectly.

I always do that but still, when pushed down while pulling the shifter, it gets stuck and thinks it is in 4th. It can't be a bent housing, because there is no obvious damage on the outside.

Dead G25 Shifter
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG