The online racing simulator
take the 4850, its a great card runs everything on high, but its constantly ~80 C is that ok?
Why that crapy ram? Ram is extremely cheap today, I recommend you a faster kit, specially for LFS. I have 5/15fps more in LFS with my ram running at DDR500 instead of DDR400.
OEM CPU will also mean you need to get a heatsync and some paste. and if you get this http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130826.
you will double your HHD size for £15(ish) more and it has twice the cache than the one you selected. also, this is much better ram http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116755 and cheaper. usually when building for quallity, you don't buy anything with "value" in the name.
a SATA burner too ( http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145450 ) would be something i would take. no extra cost, NO IDE cables in the chasis at all is a good thing
you can save a few pound here and there which will go towards a better chasis maybe? or a new keyboard?
Hi all thanks for the advice i know the ram wasnt great this is the sort of help i really apreciate im a total newb to computer building. I was told by someone else a good friend of mine that the 650q powersupply would be to small i laughed im sure it will be fine.

That hard drive does look much better and the ram but im not sure on the sata drive.

A
Ok been looking about and for graphics card ive been looking at a ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb card ive heard that they will outperform the 8800GT hands down and are only a few pound more so it soulds a plan to me. Ive also been looking at asus mobo's this one to be precise

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/142585

Also going to get one 160gb ghard drive and one 360 gb

But pay day tommorow so DFP, case, PSU, Maybe hard drives of mobo.

A
the 4850 should give you a big boost in performance over 8800GT.

But for LFS, in AGP just adding an ATI X850XT or ATI X800GTO2 is all you need. (exclusively LFS).

And for motherboard, i would take the cheaper if you are not gonna Overclock (without integrated graphics).
No im not gonig to overclock and i want a good graphics card for lfs to make sure i get a good frame rate.

A
buy a Ati x1650, will run LFS perfectly very well whith filters and all and stable high frame rate. (as long as u also have at least 1.8ghz cpu and 1gb ram)
I dont want something that will just run lfs otherwise there is no point in me doing the build i want something that will run LFS on the highest graphics setting in its sleep.

A
LFS runs very well on high settings with a middle-range PC. While waiting for my new PC (still 2 weeks pay away ), I'm using this:

CPU: 2.4Ghz Pentium 4
RAM: 2x 1GB Hynnix PC3200, 2x 512MB Hynnix PC3200
GPU: 128MB Radeon 9800 PRO - swear by this card. Hasn't seen me wrong in 5+ years of service
Motherboard: Standard Dell crapology
PSU: Again, standard 250w Dell crap

Everything cranked up full, still topping out ~100 FPS, haven't seen it below ~30FPS, unless I use a lot of AIs, or a huge AutoX layout. Obviously putting in ridiculous amounts of AI it goes low...

The parts you're looking at will almost be overkill, especially for LFS. You should be future proof for a while at that. While you won't be playing Crysis 2 on full settings, you should be confortably playing new games in a years time on decent settings
Quote from dougie-lampkin :LFS runs very well on high settings with a middle-range PC. While waiting for my new PC (still 2 weeks pay away ), I'm using this:

CPU: 2.4Ghz Pentium 4
RAM: 2x 1GB Hynnix PC3200, 2x 512MB Hynnix PC3200
GPU: 128MB Radeon 9800 PRO - swear by this card. Hasn't seen me wrong in 5+ years of service
Motherboard: Standard Dell crapology
PSU: Again, standard 250w Dell crap

Everything cranked up full, still topping out ~100 FPS, haven't seen it below ~30FPS, unless I use a lot of AIs, or a huge AutoX layout. Obviously putting in ridiculous amounts of AI it goes low...

The parts you're looking at will almost be overkill, especially for LFS. You should be future proof for a while at that. While you won't be playing Crysis 2 on full settings, you should be confortably playing new games in a years time on decent settings

WHERE WHEN WHO HOW!!!!!
Jakg do you love ATI cards or something. You always tell people to get an ATI lol.
#39 - Jakg
Quote from Luke.S :Jakg do you love ATI cards or something. You always tell people to get an ATI lol.

No I don't - It's just that atm they have the best price versus performance card.

If I loved ATi why would I have 2x nVidia cards?

I want an ATi card because the IQ and AA is meant to be better, but whenever I upgrade they never seem to be on top...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG