The online racing simulator
Full Drag Modding System
(26 posts, started )
Full Drag Modding System
Well.. i thought up a fairly cool thing..

Its a Drag Modding System..

Not unlike LFSTweak, but, less features, with different ones added in..

Eg:
-edit CCs
-edit number of cylinders
-edit tyre size
-edit tyre type
-edit tyre pressure (so u can make the pressures on rear tyres like 3 psi, like a drag car.
- and of course, Horsepowaz@!

Anyways, reason im posting here, is to see if anyone thinks its possible?? Obviously something like this would be, but not sure about the tyre pressure part..

I HAVE BEGUN WORK ON THIS MODIFICATION.. lol
It wouldn't be possible online... unless everyone had exactly the same settings
oh good point, shoulda pointed that out.. (then again, i said like LFStweak)

Not required for online, im just talking sometihng fun to play around with..

Or just like a tyre-pressure modifier.. then use it with LFS-tune or tweak or something..
All of those things (not sure about pressure, I can't remember) are editable in the Y18 tweak. Which for silly reasons, I can't link to here. However... :google: should find it

Just use the FBM, put massive tyres on the rear, extend the front ones out, decrease rear pressure, pump up the engine size, give a couple more cylinders for good measure, lower the gear ratios, and it'll do the drag strip in less than 9 seconds
yeah i know that, but im talking real drags, as in 2000hp and it does a 5 second run..

for that im pretty sure u need tyre pressure... And does the Y18 tweak change tyre size?? I know Z doesnt..
5 seconds is impossible in the LFS drag strip. If you give it too much power, the wheels just burn out on the line, and if you make the wheels too big, the car just stalls. Not too sure about tyre pressure, but it does change tyre size, and all sorts of stuff relating to tyres and wheels. The only problem is, it's in German, so you kinda have to figure out what everything means
well really, it shouldnt be impossible.. if this game's physics are realistic then there is no reason why you could do it with big enuf wheels and enuf HP and stuff and read ur pm??
I haven't been able to get it below 7 and a bit...Big wheels aren't that much of an advantage either, they just slow you down

Got the PM
i like the idea but a lot of other people dont. i have been below 7 seconds in patch z at the drag strip so its possible with tweaking setups and the use of tweak of course. 5 seconds i dont know if that would be possible but who knows. could be with something like what bob was going to release but hasnt yet. it was called promod i believe and it would be really nice right about now.
Quote from M0RFIUS :yeah i know that, but im talking real drags, as in 2000hp and it does a 5 second run..

for that im pretty sure u need tyre pressure... And does the Y18 tweak change tyre size?? I know Z doesnt..

yea thats interesting, but a real drag car with that power is real complicated, computercontroled clutch that control the torq to the whells in steps.

what i whish is that some with the physic programming nowledge like LFS devs had some interest in real dragrace, wow what a drag sim
yeah but even street drag cars can go under under 9 seconds if you can tweak a set up enough..
Seeing as LFS' setup is fairly constricted its not really possible, unless we figure out a way to change the minimum tyre pressures..

(by the way, i managed to find some memory addresses of rear tyre pressures, but was unable to change them for some unknown reason, ill look into it more when i get home from tafe..)

Tyre shake would be cool too, dunno how you could do that but im pretty sure it would be possible with low enough pressures again..
This would be good, as I want to see if my tweak for a 2.56 second drag time still works . (0-442 mph in .12 seconds and coasts to the finish). Though this is with 500,000 hp, and only possible because the physics can't handle out of range numbers.

Seriously though, I don't see the point in 3 psi to the rear tires. The tire modles in LFS just don't have the right sidewall flex. My fastest time for the FXR is 10.31 sec (I don't know if anyone is faster and don't care...that is with keyboard cause my gamepad broke, so I have to dump the clutch to launch and I still get a half second of wheelspin). I'm running 21 psi to the rear tires. Any less and it slows down.
if your fastest time is with patch Z, then ya I ran a 6.7 something.....

but the mod sounds really good, and I hope someone will take the time to figure somethign out... the biggest problem is tyring to get enough traction in the game. Once you start getting up in the HP the tires just do nothing but spin.
exactly
and that is why im making a tyre pressure mod.. cause lower tyre pressure means more traction in a straight line.. check out the tyre flex on a drag car in youtube or sometihng, then compare it to in LFS with lowest pressure..
just ran a 5.81 with the bf1.... I dont think i can get much better then that... i cross the finish line doing 600kmh..... the only thing holding me back is the first 7/8 of the track and not having any tracking till the last 1/8..

the tire pressure mod would be great, but just because you can lower the tire pressure does not mean it will help you out much more either... you have to consider that the tires in this game were designed to have air in them, and lowering the pressure too much would result in driving with a flat tire..

drag cars use a tire that is mostly composed of rubber... not much space for air at all in those tires....

just something to think about.... a tire size mod would help ammensly as well...
what u mean, tyre rubber thickness?? i dont think that is possible, not sure they would have accomidated for it in development tbh..
Have you got more than just a concept, for now? You have even any memory addresses, for start?
nice cant wait till its done he is making wat i wanted to make but didnt know how to
Quote from M0RFIUS :what u mean, tyre rubber thickness?? i dont think that is possible, not sure they would have accomidated for it in development tbh..

a drag tire can run on only a few psi.... go outside and drain your car tires down to 5psi and see what happens... the rims will be touching the pavement......
@beefy yeah i understand that, but still.. 30 PSI is what most road cars run at, and the pressures can't go much lower than that ingame..

@nooben demo byte1 well.. yes of course i have memory addresses.. just little time..
@Robbielayton thanks i hope it works out for myself as well LOL..
Quote from M0RFIUS :@nooben demo byte1 well.. yes of course i have memory addresses.. just little time..

If you call him noob, then you are L-A-M-E.
Do you even know what is memory addresses?
so hows the mod going?
where can i download it ???
Sorry guys, i've been working on some more important stuff in my life, and this has taken a back seat, anyhow, LFSTweak for Z is out now, so I don't see the point, the tyre pressure part is pointless, because of the soft tyre walls.. lol

Anyhow, thanks for the interest

Full Drag Modding System
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG