The online racing simulator
Any AI Improvement tips?
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Coopz
Any AI Improvement tips?
Had my first game of LFS in over a year yesterday, could only find 1 unlocked server with players and it was running a track I've never been keen on. So anyway I fire up a single player race with the Formula V8's at Kyoto. Their lap times are fast but man are they stupid. Smashing into each other constantly, first corner carnage, driving me off the track, not even noticing me, rear ending me ect. Just wondering if there are any scripts or addons that can improve their behavior?
u might have to update your LFS

a new patch came out a while ago
thats probably why u only had 1 server

and yea AI is stupid
#3 - Coopz
No its all up to date, had about 30 servers but only 1 with a sub 100 ping and humans in it..
you should have around 700-800 servers
Maybe check if you have any filters on in the server list.
#7 - Goop
I can usually get away with driving on servers that ping sub-400

From what I've seen lately, it's pretty hard to get a good race on local servers... but you're really wasting your time with the AI coopz.
#8 - Woz
LFS is very quiet down under now. Think its wait for the next actual content update (cars or tracks) before it comes back to life.
#9 - Coopz
I'm in your boat Coopz, no one ever on here in Aust, but search for empty rooms and you see heaps of sub 100 pings but no one in them?? Say there's 50 Aussie rooms, There prob only 70 peeps playing in Aust!??!? I want to go on a holiday to Europe somewhere, Take my puter my G25 and lock myself up in a hotel for a week and actually have some racing to compete in!

Is there anything we can do to get the ping lower for countries further away from us down under?
=^.^=

*wave*

ProRacingRoom#1 is busy most nights, enduros on Sunday nights!
Come join us!

Not much you can do about the ping I'm afraid. I ping high 300's on CTRA servers, but always seem to get away without any horrendous lag.

Any AI Improvement tips?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG