The online racing simulator
The New YouTube
(8 posts, started )
The New YouTube
Well, some of you might already have noticed that YouTube has decide to bump up quality and size on their website.

Quote from YouTube Blog :Bigger Isn't Always Better... But in This Case, We Believe It Is

Over the years we've heard a lot of feedback from you about what you'd like to change about YouTube, and the size of our video player is always top of mind. That's why today we're excited to announce a bigger YouTube player.

We're expanding the width of the page to 960 pixels to better reflect the quality of the videos you create and the screens that you use to watch them. This new, wider player is in a widescreen aspect ratio which we hope will provide you with a cleaner, more powerful viewing experience. And don't worry, your 4:3 aspect ratio videos will play just fine in this new player.

In addition to this, some folks were able to get 720p HD quality out of the new players if you add the &fmt=22 at the end of the URL. [example]

IMO, this is great news for the LFS community videos because it will allow us to present streaming videos in a much better resolution and quality to everyone. A lot of people complained in the past about YouTube, and a lot did not include streaming links because of the "streaming quality". Well, no more reasons now. I think it looks cool. It will definately fix the problem we had discussed in the pas of Vimeo and others removing LFS videos beacause of "games" [Link]. Yes, there might still be the problem of copyrighted music material, but that for you to deal with in the first place.

YT does still have this bit of a problem about copyrighted material
Well, most video site have that in their Terms & Conditions and it's quite understandeable. Annoying, for sure, but still. There are plenty of vids with copyrighted material in them on YT, so meh.
I got one vid removed because of that. I don't know if they check the vids manually (that would be totally stupid imho) or automatically, but I have noticed that where I overlayed the music alot of times with other sounds (like engine, speech, wind) the videos never got flagged
Quote from squidhead :I got one vid removed because of that. I don't know if they check the vids manually (that would be totally stupid imho) or automatically, but I have noticed that where I overlayed the music alot of times with other sounds (like engine, speech, wind) the videos never got flagged

They have a special program that searches for matching sound files they have on their database of copyrighted material. So if you disguise it enough, they probably won't find it.

I say, as long as you put some kind of sound over the music and credit the person who made the music somewhere in the video, there is no moral wrongness to using copyrighted tunes.
#7 - G!NhO
#8 - Ogijs
could anyone please post the sony vegas rendering options ? for the new youtube plaer ? )

The New YouTube
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG