The online racing simulator
British International Motor Show - 2006
(17 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Just got back from it, was ok, if lacking VAG! saw some nice cars (ie the Barabus and a McLaren F1 LM!), no less than 3 SLR's, a leaking BMW garage and a sneak peak at the brochure for the McLaren SLR "722 Edition"

To see some of me and my dads pics - erm, nope, that link dont work right!

im too cheap to buy a proper flickr account, so look at this page - http://flickr.com/photos/jakg4peaches/
page 2 - http://flickr.com/photos/jakg4peaches/page2/
first half of page 3 - http://flickr.com/photos/jakg4peaches/page3/
Sorry but that link just takes me to Tokyo and Perth motorshow pics. A more direct link would be more useful.
#3 - Jakg
Quote from mrbogeyman :Sorry but that link just takes me to Tokyo and Perth motorshow pics. A more direct link would be more useful.

oops, it should link to a search of my profile for the word "motor show", lemme check in ie where it doesnt know my passwords...

EDIT - Your right! ill see what i can do to fix that!
Just come back from Motor Show
Been to B.I. Motor Show today, it was great!, them 3 cars-turned amphibians from top gear were there, james' sailing boat, lmao, richards hippy motorhome, and jeremys mean machine toyota, lol, lots of great concepts there, and awesome cars, loads from ferrari, a jcb speed record car, lol, lots to see there, highly recommend it!
Lol I found BMW to be so "up their arses" - They oooo need their own little stand lol

I found the Excel show quite dissapointing compared to the one at the NEC but i did enjoy the adventure land... Even if it was with the complimentary pass from KIA lol

Also i did manage to shove the vol up in that Pink C2 which was quite fun until i saw some 2 year old in the back lol

Did anybody see the escalade with like 26's and that pull-out amp shelf?? And that mini with the chain wheel and gear stick??
Quote from Jakg :Just got back from it, was ok, if lacking VAG! saw some nice cars (ie the Barabus and a McLaren F1 LM!), no less than 3 SLR's, a leaking BMW garage and a sneak peak at the brochure for the McLaren SLR "722 Edition"

To see some of me and my dads pics - erm, nope, that link dont work right!

im too cheap to buy a proper flickr account, so look at this page - http://flickr.com/photos/jakg4peaches/
page 2 - http://flickr.com/photos/jakg4peaches/page2/
first half of page 3 - http://flickr.com/photos/jakg4peaches/page3/

OMG i went same day as you!!
#7 - Jakg
Quote from spsamsp :OMG i went same day as you!!

OMG THAT WAS THE WORST DAY TO GO! full of kids, thus all the cars were tucked away and you couldnt get close, look at the Elise with the ruined doors for proof
Quote from Jakg :OMG THAT WAS THE WORST DAY TO GO! full of kids, thus all the cars were tucked away and you couldnt get close, look at the Elise with the ruined doors for proof

It was 1st full day i believe - It wasn't too packed IMO.

I got there around 10:30/11:00 so wasn't too late and my tickets were free complimentary for any day so nb really.

The Zoom Zoom challenge looked good but i was with a 15 yo and a 17 yo so you have to be 21 to drive it which is a shame.

When you say kids i'm guessing you are old enough to drive so what do you drive or go in i.e. adventure land etc
#9 - Jakg
Quote from spsamsp :When you say kids i'm guessing you are old enough to drive so what do you drive or go in i.e. adventure land etc

i got there ~10-ish and was there until 5, and after 12 it really got packed, when i say kids i mean 8-13 year olds who want to put their hands all over the cars, sit in them and make "vroom vroom" noises and pull the interior to bits, who run infront of the camera, knock you to one side, talk ******* about all the cars and are generally a nuisance, luckily the "tuned" (read, ruined) cars were out of the way so that they could go over there and drool over some 52,252 watt speaker playing some awful music, and no im only 15! but it annoyed me as i went round first and had a look at everything, then i went back around to take some pics and not only was it packed, but because of the people they moved the restricting things to stop you getting in some of the cars (ie the Barabus) alot further away, making pics a lot harder!

about the elise if i didnt say - at the Lotus stand they let anyone on, and they let them sit in the cars, and tons of little children wanted to sit in this one Black Elise, they all had trouble getting in, and put their hand on the roof to help themselves in, result being a roof smeared with hand prints, and the door seal had been rubbed by so many little arms that it was hanging off!

the other thing that annoyed me was that my dad is looking for a car to replace his Vauxhall Omega, he looked at quite a few (ie the Vectra, Mondeo/Focus, Kia Magenta illepall etc) and NONE of them would give him a brochure, instead he had to give them his name and address and have them sent to him, when he could of read them on the train home! i picked up all the promotional stuff i could see for the cars (not services), and from the whole show i got:

1 Smart EV (electric vehicle) brochure
1 Carbon Fibre sales brochure (thought it was for the Barabus !)
1 Brooke Double R brochure
1 Carber brochure
1 Connaught Type-D Styracse GT (is that right?) brochure
1 Corsa Bag
1 Kia Bag

and thats from a whole flaming motor show! i tried to get the 722 pack, but he wouldnt give me one, oh well, i still got a gimpse!
[/rant]

EDIT - Sorry about that, i may be 15 but im 50 on the inside!
Quote from Jakg :i got there ~10-ish and was there until 5, and after 12 it really got packed, when i say kids i mean 8-13 year olds who want to put their hands all over the cars, sit in them and make "vroom vroom" noises and pull the interior to bits, who run infront of the camera, knock you to one side, talk ******* about all the cars and are generally a nuisance, luckily the "tuned" (read, ruined) cars were out of the way so that they could go over there and drool over some 52,252 watt speaker playing some awful music, and no im only 15! but it annoyed me as i went round first and had a look at everything, then i went back around to take some pics and not only was it packed, but because of the people they moved the restricting things to stop you getting in some of the cars (ie the Barabus) alot further away, making pics a lot harder!

about the elise if i didnt say - at the Lotus stand they let anyone on, and they let them sit in the cars, and tons of little children wanted to sit in this one Black Elise, they all had trouble getting in, and put their hand on the roof to help themselves in, result being a roof smeared with hand prints, and the door seal had been rubbed by so many little arms that it was hanging off!

the other thing that annoyed me was that my dad is looking for a car to replace his Vauxhall Omega, he looked at quite a few (ie the Vectra, Mondeo/Focus, Kia Magenta illepall etc) and NONE of them would give him a brochure, instead he had to give them his name and address and have them sent to him, when he could of read them on the train home! i picked up all the promotional stuff i could see for the cars (not services), and from the whole show i got:

1 Carber brochure
1 Corsa Bag
1 Kia Bag

and thats from a whole flaming motor show! i tried to get the 722 pack, but he wouldnt give me one, oh well, i still got a gimpse!
[/rant]

EDIT - Sorry about that, i may be 15 but im 50 on the inside!

Lol im 15 too - I didn't really get stuck with the kids and i didn't even see the Lotus stand lol - I got a KIA bag and the rest were magazines i bought and a sweet from a woman who jumped out of nowhere and said "take" - WTF lol.

The best car there must've been the M6 Convertible (minus the dropping water )

My dad was really looking forward to looking at the Audi stand for the new TT vut unfortunately they weren't there so we will have to wait for it to come into the showrooms or something

The really good thing about having the show at Excel is that i'm only about 10/15 Mins away so no 1.5+ Hour journey to Birmingham
#11 - Jakg
Quote from spsamsp :Lol im 15 too - I didn't really get stuck with the kids and i didn't even see the Lotus stand lol - I got a KIA bag and the rest were magazines i bought and a sweet from a woman who jumped out of nowhere and said "take" - WTF lol.

The best car there must've been the M6 Convertible (minus the dropping water )

My dad was really looking forward to looking at the Audi stand for the new TT vut unfortunately they weren't there so we will have to wait for it to come into the showrooms or something

The really good thing about having the show at Excel is that i'm only about 10/15 Mins away so no 1.5+ Hour journey to Birmingham

1.5 hous to London for me though, and then when i get there i (read, blame my dad!) got off the docklands railway, asked a woman where to go, and we got back on it again! We said we were auto express subscirbers after they tried to sell us one, and they said "Oh, then have this free bag" it had water, a copy of Auto Express and a kit kat in it! they didnt even check to make sure we were! the free coke at the end was nice and cold!
Quote from Jakg :1.5 hous to London for me though, and then when i get there i (read, blame my dad!) got off the docklands railway, asked a woman where to go, and we got back on it again! We said we were auto express subscirbers after they tried to sell us one, and they said "Oh, then have this free bag" it had water, a copy of Auto Express and a kit kat in it! they didnt even check to make sure we were! the free coke at the end was nice and cold!

Lol - I paid for that magazine!!

And yes, the coke was very nice before getting on that dusty, old bus
Quote from Jakg :i picked up all the promotional stuff i could see for the cars (not services), and from the whole show i got:

1 Carber brochure
1 Corsa Bag
1 Kia Bag

[/rant]

Honda turned me into a ricer -
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7390/fragisaricergh3.jpg

What's funny is, all those stickers are from Honda and they all say "The Power of Dreams", give em to a ricer though, they'll slap em all on the car and proclaim it's some super JDM DORIFTOOOO tuning co.
Quote from Fragmatic :Honda turned me into a ricer -
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7390/fragisaricergh3.jpg

What's funny is, all those stickers are from Honda and they all say "The Power of Dreams", give em to a ricer though, they'll slap em all on the car and proclaim it's some super JDM DORIFTOOOO tuning co.

It's a shame that i didn't really go and have a close-up of the type-r.

I only came over to the Honda stand twice, first time to book a test drive, 2nd to do it lol

Did anybody see Max Power there??
Did anyone go into the area with the small stands/careers etc? There was a mini with 4 electric motors (one in each wheel), each one has the torque of 1.5 Land Rovers. 0-60 in 4.5sec. Range of up to 1000 miles (with optional generator).

TBH, I found it pretty boring. Looking at cars is only so much fun, I want to touch them and hear them.

The ORANGE Morgan was awesome. Getting free drinks in the Lexus VIP area was a bonus, too.
Quote from spookthehamster :Did anyone go into the area with the small stands/careers etc? There was a mini with 4 electric motors (one in each wheel), each one has the torque of 1.5 Land Rovers. 0-60 in 4.5sec. Range of up to 1000 miles (with optional generator).

TBH, I found it pretty boring. Looking at cars is only so much fun, I want to touch them and hear them.

The ORANGE Morgan was awesome. Getting free drinks in the Lexus VIP area was a bonus, too.

Those are all the things i didn't see/experience except a free Coke Zero at the exit lol
lol.

I would've gone, except I like 175+miles from eXcel and just under 100 miles from NEC. Stupid damn people changing the venues.

Anyway nice pics.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG