The online racing simulator
Toyota Hiace enters into the high performance car club!
With just 117 horsepower and 4wd it has a whopping 240km/h maximum speed. Check attachment

You don't need to understand finnish, just look at the little box, 240km/h
Attached images
Hiace_powah.jpg
haista vittu!
That's a bit rude
#4 - amp88
I don't believe it (literally). A 2005 BMW 320i has 30 horsepower more and a lot less drag and it can 'only' hit 137mph (~220km/h) according to Parker's.
240kmh ist far off that.
149mph? Doesn't sound too far off for a 2.5ltr diesel. 117hp is never gonna be enough to reach that speed (in a car) though.
Quote from Bob Smith :149mph? Doesn't sound too far off for a 2.5ltr diesel. 117hp is never gonna be enough to reach that speed though.

Poppycock, my bike is 112hp and it'll do 155
:doh:

0-100 km/h (sec.) 18.6

The entry 2.5-litre D-4D intercooler gains 7 DIN hp to take its maximum output to 95 DIN hp at 3600 rpm. It also benefits from a significant increase in maximum torque, which is up by 38 Nm to 230 Nm, developed across an engine range from 1400 to 2800rpm. Even more impressive is the increase in power for the high-performance 2.5-litre D-4D which is also fitted with a high capacity intercooler to maximise operating efficiency. Maximum output rises to 117 DIN hp (up by 15 hp) and maximum torque is up by 34 Nm to 294 Nm across 1600 to 2400 rpm.

It is a damn van and the 240km/h was a typo in the article I scanned

EDIT: http://www.gct.co.nz/show_image.asp?uidimage=4735
Perkele, perseenreikä!
Naughty germans...Hot chocolate Zeug?
Quote from danowat :Poppycock, my bike is 112hp and it'll do 155

Lets do animal weight to describe a car and a bike

Bike = Mouse
Car = Cow

So there is alot of different in performance between a car and a bike, bike has 50% less drag and the weight to ratio is a big difference aswell

The 2006 F1 cars have a power-to-weight ratio of 1,250 hp/tonne (930 W/kg).

Both produce about 185bhp and weigh about 375lb, a power-to-weight ratio in excess of 1,000bhp per ton… (only could find the the details of a Gizzer gsx 1000cc 06 model) so a full works Motogp bike will be a alot bigger
Quote from rc10racer :Lets do animal weight to describe a car and a bike

Bike = Mouse
Car = Cow

So there is alot of different in performance between a car and a bike, bike has 50% less drag and the weight to ratio is a big difference aswell

The 2006 F1 cars have a power-to-weight ratio of 1,250 hp/tonne (930 W/kg).

Both produce about 185bhp and weigh about 375lb, a power-to-weight ratio in excess of 1,000bhp per ton… (only could find the the details of a Gizzer gsx 1000cc 06 model) so a full works Motogp bike will be a alot bigger

I know, it was a .....................joke............
Even the was not enough to save you from having to explain your post! Ah well.
Quote from Blackout :Naughty germans...Hot chocolate Zeug?

Haha, you have the brain of an elephant!
Quote from Hyperactive ::doh:

0-100 km/h (sec.) 18.6

The entry 2.5-litre D-4D intercooler gains 7 DIN hp to take its maximum output to 95 DIN hp at 3600 rpm. It also benefits from a significant increase in maximum torque, which is up by 38 Nm to 230 Nm, developed across an engine range from 1400 to 2800rpm. Even more impressive is the increase in power for the high-performance 2.5-litre D-4D which is also fitted with a high capacity intercooler to maximise operating efficiency. Maximum output rises to 117 DIN hp (up by 15 hp) and maximum torque is up by 34 Nm to 294 Nm across 1600 to 2400 rpm.

It is a damn van and the 240km/h was a typo in the article I scanned

EDIT: http://www.gct.co.nz/show_image.asp?uidimage=4735

As if that's impressive. The current Mitsubishi Triton sold in South East Asia makes 136ps@3500rpm and 304Nm@2000rpm from a common rails intercooled turbo 4D56, a 2477cc engine with a history stretching back more than 2 decades. It's basically what a fundamentally durable block design that's gradually refined over time would do when coupled with new technology. The vehible tops out at about 167kph, which isn't bad at all for a picku turck that weighs almost 1.9 tonnes empty and isn't too sleek, an inherent trait of the basic shape of pickup trucks.

The 4m41, a 3.2L intercooled turbo diesel with direct injection and common rail fuelling makes 161hp@3800rpm. It tops out at over 180kph. Granted, the current Pajero is slightly more aerodynamic then a Hiace which is basically a loaf of bread trying to cut through air.

Since drag increases by the square of velocity and power requirements grow by the cube of linear velocity increase, it is impossible for a loaf of bread to reach 240kph with "only" 117DIN. Unless, of course, Toyota has made some aero breakthroughs that I (and the engineering community in general) am not aware of.
Perhaps the forgot to mention that they dropped the Toyota from a plane or that a Lambo was pushing it from behind?
Read the white text too.
Just push any car off a steep, high cliff...terminal velocity of any object is 180 mph.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG