The online racing simulator
Bots
(5 posts, started )
Bots
How do you change the setup and skin on the bots? I click the bot in the setup screen and can change the settings. Then when I join, the bot takes my settings. I click the bot and change stuff and it does not stick. I have tried changing the AI settings in cfg.txt to 1 but it doesnt seem to save the settings. Any ideas?
In your OPTIONS > MISC you should have two options:

"AI uses Player setup"
"AI uses Player colours"

or something similar to that....

Set those to yes. Now if you want them to have your setup, you need to go into YOUR garage first, get the setup you want, and in the pre-race screen where you add AI, you click to add them. They should have your setup.

If you want the AI to have your same colors, adding them will just copy your colors and it is that easy. If you want the AI to have different skins/colors.... just goto the car that they will be driving and create color profiles that have the SAME name as the AI. So if I had "AI-BOB" in the FXO, I would make a color profile for the FXO called AI-BOB. So whenever you add AI-BOB, his custom color settings will be applied.
In Misc options, set 'AI use player setup' and 'AI use player colours' to yes.

Then go to single player and into the garage and select the setup/fuel load/skin etc that you want the AI to have, and press add AI driver.

You can then go back into the garage and alter setup and skin ready to add the next driver etc.

EDIT: ^^ Doh beaten by a whole 3 minutes!
Yep that got it working right. Thanks! Now, how do I rename the AI's?
Go into Options then Game then it has all the AI names just click on the tabs and rename and you can change gender of driver on the right tabs, Badda bing badda bang your set now!

Bots
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG